DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sweeettttt

Old 06-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Going to smoke and yellow a couple sets if anyone NEW is interested.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:26 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Dan, do you have a link to the install instructions for the DRLs? I tried your website but couldn't find it. Does regular Durametric turn off the factory DRLs or do you need pro? (just in case I can't do it in PCM options).

Old 06-13-2012, 04:49 AM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
Old 06-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor
^ Thank you! Was just about to post that.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:38 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Carlitos way
Thanks Carlito, rep points for you!

Dan, what about my Durametric question?

Old 06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor
I am not sure if it works with the Basic or the Enthusiast version of Durametric. I dont have one open in front of me. I will go check in a bit on where you need to go in Durametric to turn off the stock DRL fogs.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:48 PM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Bogg
I just tested both lights with both controllers and everything looks good. Word to the wise, don't look at the lights from 1 foot away, they are bright - lol, ask me how I know. Thanks for the easy way of testing them, Dan and crew.

I'll get to installing them this week hopefully. Can it be done without a helper? I know someone had said that the bumper is easier to take off with a helper but can it be done solo (with blankets on the ground etc...)?

Where's the install step by step? I saw DJBens pics and can do it like that but just wondering if there was a written step by step somewhere from Vivid? lol, I'm sure it's on the vivid website but haven't checked yet.

Can the regular DRLs be shut off with regular Durametric or does it have to be pro?
My pics were simply based on the initial actual Agency Power instructions but with more detail that they didn't include.

There are a few few things I added that would really help if you've never actually removed your front bumper before. I also included details about how to actually wire your LED DRL activation wire to the driver's side footwell / fuse box and not just how to get it through the initial firewall (does a rear engine car even have a 'firewall' in the front anyway?). I have a feeling the AP guys overlooked including said details because they have probably removed 997 front bumpers (literally) a thousand times and forgot some things a first timer / DIY'er would need to know

Old 06-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor
We appreciate your contribution to this thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Former Vendor
Still have tons instock. Please post your pics guys and if anyone new wants to order, just contact me!

Old 06-21-2012, 12:43 PM
cm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond repute
Please Help. After a few weeks with no issues when I turn my car on this is now what I see.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
that sucks, I wonder if there is a way to change the LED bulbs.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
You turned your car on only 1 time like this and it happened. Turn the car on and off. If it stays like that, could be the control module as that is the only thing that allows switching of the color. Shoot me a message after you test and we can send you replacement controller.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:53 AM
bank_da is infamous around these parts
I installed mine last week and take some pictures,

Last edited by bank_da; 06-22-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: add pics
Old 06-22-2012, 05:09 AM
jmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cm09578
Please Help. After a few weeks with no issues when I turn my car on this is now what I see.
Mine went back to this look yesterday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?