DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thank you bank_da!

Old 06-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jmw911
Mine went back to this look yesterday.
Amazing... Please follow the same procedures I said to his post.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:18 PM
jmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to all
Turned on and off multiple times and they still stayed that way. email and pic sent.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:26 PM
jmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to all
Passenger side light and control unit on its way, Thanks Dan. Hope this works because they do look really good when working properly.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor
No prob. Overnighting.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:41 PM
cm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
You turned your car on only 1 time like this and it happened. Turn the car on and off. If it stays like that, could be the control module as that is the only thing that allows switching of the color. Shoot me a message after you test and we can send you replacement controller.
It has stayed this way for the last few days.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
ok send me an email and I will replace it no problem.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:13 AM
debren is infamous around these parts
Hi.

I live in Sweden and wonder if it´s possible to drive with the ordinary headligts on and the drl switched off at night.

Here in Sweden, it´s not legal to have both headligts and drl on att the same time.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
Yes you can do that. Simple put a toggle switch in between your ignition power and where it goes into the fuse. Then you can mount that toggle switch in your ash tray, glove box, or right there by your fuse panel.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:25 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Looks like my passenger side harness is a 14-wire one and not the 6-wire one that is on the drivers side. Here's a link to the pics:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3581922

Now what????

Old 07-01-2012, 12:53 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I haven't installed these LEDs, but I have pulled the bumper off GT2s and TTs. I just responded in the thread you posted in the main forum.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3581922

I hope this helps.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor
Thank you sir ^

Old 07-02-2012, 06:02 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Well I did get the bumper off successfully but unfortunately my DRL saga continues. The passenger side one tests properly (by following the instructions in the video from Vivid) but when connected to the car the middle led stays orange and the others flicker. I switched controllers but the problem stayed with the passenger side so presumably the light is defective (or there is another issue). I didn't actually turn on my car (it's on jack stands and I can't say I really wanted ANY motion, lol) but these things don't draw a lot of current for the drl, and the drivers side one works perfectly so I don't see why that would make a difference.

Dan stands behind his product and is sending a replacement passenger's side unit. Here's hoping that it solves the problem b/c wifey isn't pleased about the number of hours spent on this project when I told her it would be about 3 or 4 hours. Lol, not even close here.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor
Let me know if the overnight to Canada works. Take the wife out for a nice dinner now!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Let me know if the overnight to Canada works. Take the wife out for a nice dinner now!
It looks like overnight does work to Canada, but unfortunately they came at a time when no-one was home (short period). The package was delivered today and I'll get to work as soon as I get home.

thanks again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?