DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 10:24 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Humpty dumpty is almost back together. Only 1 casualty and 1 extra screw, lol. Thankfully the replacement passenger side light works - I used the existing control box. When I was putting back the drivers side wheel well trim I encountered a little resistance. Instead of checking to see what the problem was I just applied a little more force and sure enough it was the tab that the bottom part of the bumper screws into. When I got everything back together there was one extra screw (in addition to the one that went into the broken tab) and I looked and looked and couldn't find where it came from. It looks just like the 4 that hold the wheel well trim in place. I even took the trim back out to see if I forgot to put the screw back that held the bumper at the side-marker light area. Nope. Finally I just gave up and put the wheels back on (forgot how much fun that was, even with 2 pins. Dammit, why do the German car makers have to do things the difficult way???)

Anyway, the DRLs look really good. I'll try disabling my regular DRLs with Durametric tomorrow but otherwise I'll get the shop to do it when I get my springs and sways put on next week. I hope I never have to take the bumper off again but I can say that I would be MUCH quicker the next time around. Thanks again to DJBen whose step by step pics made my install possible. It's funny, the hardest part was figuring out how to get that trim piece off (looks like a hanger or attachment point) from the front of the battery compartment. DJBen had said something like "slide it to one side" but I tried and tried. Finally I just applied lots of force but it didn't break. Tough sonofagun. Thankfully it eventually came off and sure enough it's just a lateral slide attachment.

I haven't fed the power wire into the cabin yet, that's my last step. Hopefully it doesn't turn into another adventure, lol.

Thanks Dan, I'll mail back the defective light.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Pigeon is infamous around these parts
So i had to read the entire post just to find out that agency power ask 1000$ for a turbo pair of dlr..... Hahahhah had mine done for 100$ and bottle for wine for the electrician who did me the harnes and wiring .
Here is the thing you buy 12 bi-colour led these are 5w leds who work on 12 volt
To split the oem turn signals apart that was realy hard after that remove the amber leds put the new ones and the relay that my electrician did and there you go , this relay basicly redirects the power ... These bi-colour leds have 6 pins three for each colour so the relay redirects the power from white to amberand from amber to white... Yes the are on all the time i didn't try to find a way to turn them off but i don't need to do that... Got some more leds in case one burns but i don't think it will happen soon.
C'mon guys let's be honest companies like agency power and other ask more money out of us just cause we got the most expensive porsche model... The 997 gen2 facelift dlr and turn lights are sold for 400$ and if you look at it you will see besides the plastic used to make the form it has more leds than our cars have but cheaper car cheaper the tuning,bleah it makes me sick

Old 07-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
$1000 is not THAT bad considering other companies are asking $3000 for same kind of product and most of us don't have time to buy LEDS, split turn signals apart and find an electrician.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:48 PM
slamnss is infamous around these parts
Hi all after 2 weeks and 12 hours still no luck with my kit, keeps giving me passenger side
drama.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:06 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Carlito (or anyone else), do you know exactly how to turn off the regular DRLs via Durametric or PCM? I looked in my PCM manual and no info. I have Durametric enthusiast version and don't see where to do it. thanks.

Slamnss, is it the colour issue (orange lights and white lights at the same time)? I had my passenger side replaced and it seems to work now.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Slamnss - you can call me for help.

The Bogg - I think you have to have Durametric PRO.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
^^you need Durametric PRO version.
Forget about PCM, DRL option is completely disabled on Canadian cars

Old 07-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Carlitos way
^^you need Durametric PRO version.
Forget about PCM, DRL option is completely disabled on Canadian cars
Mine is a US car. But I'll just get the shop to do it while the car is in there getting springs and sways.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:31 PM
cbbepop is infamous around these parts
Hi, I just stumbled upon these LED drls and I'm wondering if they can be installed with the signal function disabled or will that throw an error? In other words I am interested in them serving the LED DRL or parking light function only and don't want them to revert to the flashing amber signal role every time I signal.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I am sure you could change the wiring to simply not activate that, but in all honesty, 100% up to you.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 AM
ok, I wasn't sure how much rewiring is needed or if it's something straight forward with the pins.

Cause my intent is to install these onto a boxster with a 997 turbo front end. Since the signal function is built into the boxster headlights already I feel its redundant for both headlights and LED below to be flashing simultaneously .

Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor
Well, we have had a customer already do that with a Boxster but not sure if he changed the setup to not work with the signal. Basically you have a power and a ground that runs on the inside of the wire. If you go back some pages you can see our how to test the DRL which is direct power. So you could simply leave off the PIN of the signal. When you first replied, I thought you had a 997TT. Since you dont, you should be ok as you wont have any dash lights.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Found the page you were talking about. Thanks. I went through all the pages haha. I was hoping it was just a pin thing. I toyed with audi LEDs before and had to splice together wires to get them from dimming every the headlights come on.
And yeah forgot to mention boxster, I'm not simply reckless and deciding to drive without turn signals!

Old 07-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor
All good. Let me know if you want to order a set.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Well what a pisser, the drivers side is acting up now. I was showing the DRLs to a friend and right then the middle 3 leds starting flickering a yellowish colour randomly like christmas lights. He tried to get a picture but it was too random. I don't really want to take the bumper off again. I could possibly do it from the front b/c I put on male/female plug connectors to the black wires. I hope it was just the first batch that has been problematic b/c a recurring problem could drive me to madness. Anyone have a replacement one go bad?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?