DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 AM
TO08TURBO is infamous around these partsTO08TURBO is infamous around these parts
Hi Asher,

Hope you are well.

The answer here is in the programming done by the dealer for Canadian cars which automatically come with DRLs.

When DRL is not configured, the outer bulb on the LED cluster (halogen I believe) is the only one that comes on with the headlight switch in the home position. Once DRL is enabled both the headlight and outer halogen bulb come on at the same time.

So for the Speedart replacements to work as they appear in the video, you would need to disable DRL.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Nice Milou! But how does the car know to turn on the led drls and not the main headlights?

Matt (GMP) I was asking you the same question - does it require some reprogramming in PIWIS?

Old 06-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Milou! But how does the car know to turn on the led drls and not the main headlights?

Matt (GMP) I was asking you the same question - does it require some reprogramming in PIWIS?

Its all in the wiring intructions. No programming necessary. They are not controlled by the cars computers at all. Once wired up to the correct fuse on the fuse panel provided in the instructions, your good to go.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:02 AM
TO08TURBO is infamous around these partsTO08TURBO is infamous around these parts
Wouldn't you still need to disable the DRL for the headlight? I cannot see a connection to a fuse for the LEDs controlling the headlight DRL function as well.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
It depends, you dont have to disable the DRL Headlight option. If you want your head lights to turn on when the car is on then just leave them be and the Speedart DRL's will be on as well. If you want your head lights only to turn on when you want them to, then yes you would need to barrow someones Durametric cable or go to the dealer and have them turn it off.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Thanks for confirming. By and by, I think these Speedart LEDs are still the best looking and functioning ones out there, but cost has been the source of my hesitation.

No fault of your own of course.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Site Sponsor
Thanks. I appreciate it. If we had a large group order for a set I could do a bit better on price.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:51 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TO08TURBO
Hi Asher,

Hope you are well.

The answer here is in the programming done by the dealer for Canadian cars which automatically come with DRLs.

When DRL is not configured, the outer bulb on the LED cluster (halogen I believe) is the only one that comes on with the headlight switch in the home position. Once DRL is enabled both the headlight and outer halogen bulb come on at the same time.

So for the Speedart replacements to work as they appear in the video, you would need to disable DRL.
Hi Richard,
good to hear from you. Thanks for the info. They are an awesome looking set for sure! Any new mods to your car?

Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
It depends, you dont have to disable the DRL Headlight option. If you want your head lights to turn on when the car is on then just leave them be and the Speedart DRL's will be on as well. If you want your head lights only to turn on when you want them to, then yes you would need to barrow someones Durametric cable or go to the dealer and have them turn it off.
That's what I figured, thanks Matt.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:58 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
The headlight DRL function is in my PCM...not so in Canadian vehicles?

Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 AM
mine is a US car. I haven't checked in the PCM to see if I can turn it on and off. I just had the selling dealer change it to on and the digital speedo to km/hr when I imported the car.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:59 AM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
hmmm.....how much discount would a gb yield?

we should just order it straight from europe via gmp for us canucks....saves on doing exchange twice

Old 06-13-2011, 12:19 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
we need to clarify something at this point...Porsche 997TT DRL feature,lights up xenon lights and stationary lights when set on by PCM or PIWIS...Many members here believe that when you enable that feature you will have the desired result of speedart stationary lights with white leds...This is not the case as all 997TT and 997,2TT cars are equipped with 6 amber led lights and one philips blue halogen light for each side of the front of the car.So OEM DRL function just have the philips buld on all the time...
A proper electronic design of white leds will operate fine without any error code.it took me some time to achieve it but I have them on my car from April of 2010 without any issue...

Old 06-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Nothing else so far than the cargraphic exhaust. Been too busy with work.

I was actually thinking of these Speedart LEDs but need to figure out if I am going to keep the car first or not. If you decide to put them on let me know. I'd love to see them in person.

Take care.

Hi Richard,
good to hear from you. Thanks for the info. They are an awesome looking set for sure! Any new mods to your car?

Old 06-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Timothy A. is infamous around these parts
skandalis can you give me your msn or e-mail?I have a lot of questions about DRL on 997TT.I am from greece need to speak with somebody to understand this issue 100%.

Why am i not able to pm other users?

Last edited by Timothy A.; 06-14-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:44 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
You have few posts. You will be able to soon enough.
Kalos irthes. :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRLs for 997.1 TT any news?