Sprint Booster Special - Improve that Throttle Response!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sprint Booster Special - Improve that Throttle Response!

You have all read about them, heard what they do, and now it is time to get yours! Sprint Boosters are a great way to blip up that throttle with a easy plug in solution. If you find that standard mode is to sluggish and sport mode is to snappy, then this is the product for you. If you dont have the sports chrono feature, then this is a bolt on way to get it done!

Retail is $329, Select Coupon Code SPRINT at checkout to see your special price or PM me

Available for all Porsche models as seen here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/e...4339_7192.html

We have the application for the Porsche 997 Turbo and GT2 available.

Sprint Booster is engineered to enhance the driving experience by providing increased acceleration time (eliminating delay) on drive-by-wire cars by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal and providing the ECM (Electronic Control Module) with a new and altered signal for much quicker response.

Sprint Booster improves response, increases pedal input sensitivity and delivers more impressive off the line performance you can really feel. Simple plug-n-play installation that takes just a few minutes and delivers instant response throughout the power band, making accelerating and rev matching incredibly more fun.

Features
Installs in minutes, easily reversable
Three settings: Stock, Stage 1, Stage 2
Dramatically improved response time
Manual and Automatic applications
TUV Approved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtHPf55UUJc

Old 05-22-2011, 08:41 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Dan- Does this thing really work to get rid of the delay / slog in the 997 egas pedal?

The only complaint I have about my 997, and that I'd like to get rid of, is the input delay on the pedal. There is no "blip" with the egas, it is more of a "mash and wait", and it blows for trying to rev match on downshift. For comparison, I tried this recently on a manual Z06 and the throttle blip / response was spot on, almost like a cable driven throttle. I want that same feeling in my 997.

Another mystifier, I get occasional engine ping when blipping the throttle- don't know what that's about but it's been there since the car was new- and has remained even with aftermarket air filters, exhaust or with everything completely stock.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
They definitely work. You can probably do a search here and see a number of positive reviews.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:22 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bought a sprint booster. Am in process of installing it right now.

Here are my honest impressions so far having had it in my hands for the past 30 minutes.

1. You must remove your egas pedal first, in order to remove the OEM plug. Easy though, one single screw / lift top forward, slide assembly rearword and up. To remove plug use a(small flat screwdriver slid under the right side of plug, pry up gently on the lock lip, pull plug straight off.

2. Build quality of the sprint booster - Cheap china junk. Seriously. Very dissapointing here.
Oval end not rounded / centered properly on the male end of connector.

The part housing is made of a very weak / soft plastic, not durable at all.

3. Fitment
Relocating / pulling some slack out on the OEM plug cable is required.
The snap locks do not seat onto the factory snap locks securely (dangerous).

4. Where I'm at-
OK so what SHOULD have been a simple 5 min install is going to turn into an hour install, simply because this part is poorly designed and made. I am going to have to fabricate a harness to hold the assembly together securely, since the soft plastic body of this part will NOT snap lock securely to the gas pedal socket and the OEM plug harness socket. I will gain reiterate, not making sure this connection is secure is DANGEROUS.

5. Dealer / reseller questions
I would like to see resellers on the 6 thoroughly test / review this type of aftermarket stuff before publicising it to your forum customers. IMHO these fitments details should be posted on your websites in the items description.

Really cheezes me that some aftermarket parts are sold as “performance” with a high dollar price tag “just because it is for a pcar”, but are manufactured at the absolute lowest quality standards. Unfortunately there are no alternatives out there to buy in the USA, so in this case it is what it is. As long as you are aware of the noted issues and compensate for them, you're good to go.

IMO this part is not worth any more than $100-$150 tops due to the build quality, but again, there are no ready alternatives so you're stuck paying $300. I'd seriously question that TUV certification based on the non-secure fitment out of the box.

If it actually works as advertised, I'll probably end up being ok with it for now. See Part 2 below for follow up post install and drive testing.
-----------------

Last edited by p0rsch3; 05-30-2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Part 2 - Just finished initial install and drive testing.

1. This product works. on Green, it is a mild increase. On Red, it is very touchy. You'll need to get used to Red- I found myself doing some "accidental" burnouts and broke the rear end loose twice upshifting out of a corner in Red mode. Me likey!!

Opinion, get used to it in Green mode- it feels like a good daily mode. I'll probably end up leaving it in Red after I get used to the new pedal feel.

Note on installation- The plasitc body of this part is so soft, it fits on either way. So I had slid it on backwards the first time with the control port facing outward towards the pedal shroud. The control port should face back *towards the carpet*.

Test drive: I did not make a security harness yet to hold it on securely. After my test driving was finished, the part had indeed shifted in the socket as I anticipated. THIS IS NOT GOOD AND A DANGEROUS FLAW. I'll probably use several zip ties to make it secure to ensure it does not eventually pop off. Sprintbooster needs to reconize that using cheap flimsy plastic on a critical electrical connector is irresponsible. All resellers should be responsible to your customers and make note of this in any product descriptions.

In summary, I like how it works. There was no magic to making it work, it is plug and play. It does what it is supposed to do, and the three modes are nice to have. I like that the activator button is also the LED- Makes it easy to locate for button presses in the dark. Mounting adhesive for button holds well (updated - see next post).

If this item were built properly out of rigid plastic, and more attention was paid to secure fitment, I would have no problem with the represented $300 price tag. In it's current form I'd lop that figure in half, because it is painfully obvious the mfr used the least expensive plastic possible. I think my Evian water bottle has stiffer plastic... ;p

Last edited by p0rsch3; 05-30-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Update 3

Drove quite a bit tonight. When I got in my car this evening the damn button had fallen off. Apparently the provided double sided tape is cheap china junk as well. Would no longer stay attached. Is it too much to ask to use a good 3M product?

Operationally, this product works great and as expected so far. no complaints there. I used several tie straps to secure the sprintbooster to the gas pedal housing and to the oem harness. This is a must-do task as eventually it will probably fall off if you don't secure it. That would not be good.

Build-quality wise it is a serious D+. If you buy it, please be aware of the noted issues. I'm not sure how this will work on Pcars with the Sport Chrono option and Sport mode enabled, but, you'll never need to manually turn on Sport mode as whatever you set this at remains on always- That is nice. After a few days of having it, I like it a lot in regards to it's added enhancement to driveability. The "green" mode is just right and it is a noticeable response difference.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 05-30-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor
SprintBooster is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Update 3

Drove quite a bit tonight. When I got in my car this evening the damn button had fallen off. Apparently the provided double sided tape is cheap china junk as well. Would no longer stay attached. Is it too much to ask to use a good 3M product?

Operationally, this product works great and as expected so far. no complaints there. I used several tie straps to secure the sprintbooster to the gas pedal housing and to the oem harness. This is a must-do task as eventually it will probably fall off if you don't secure it. That would not be good.

Build-quality wise it is a serious D+. If you buy it, please be aware of the noted issues. I'm not sure how this will work on Pcars with the Sport Chrono option and Sport mode enabled, but, you'll never need to manually turn on Sport mode as whatever you set this at remains on always- That is nice. After a few days of having it, I like it a lot in regards to it's added enhancement to driveability. The "green" mode is just right and it is a noticeable response difference.
p0rsch3, We are happy to see that you have enjoyed your experience with Sprint Booster. We are story to hear that you had difficult with the install, but we do offer Customer Service Support to assist with any install issues you may encounter. In regards to your comments about build quality, we wish to set the record straight and remove any doubts about the integrity of our product and safety standards.

1) Sprint Booster is a patented product. No one has invested the amount of time and resources we have to enhance the electronic “DRIVE BY WIRE” system. It is protected by a patent (GR1005429) in front of OBI (patent office in Greece) as well as internationally by patent application in front of PCT (WO2007066155).

2) Is Sprint Booster Safe and will this hurt my car?

If properly installed, yes Sprint Booster is very safe. Safety is something we take very seriously. This is why we subjected our product to ultra high TUV SUD testing which some would argue is the highest technical testing standard in the world. Sprint Booster has passed successfully the TUV tests (TUV SUD Automotive) and it is certified with European Conformity type approval ( E.C. type approval mark No e24031712) with regard to Directive 72/245/EEC as last amended by Directive 2006/28/EC. The e – mark is printed on each device. For more information about TUV can be found on the USA TUV website http://tuvamerica.com/industry/automotive.cfm

3) Where is Sprint Booster manufactured?

Sprint Booster is 100% made in Europe. Sprint Booster takes safety very seriously in manufacturing and designing of our product.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With your Specific situation, there should never be a need to modify our product to ensure that it is secure or connected. We regularly have Porsche vehicles at our testing facility and we have not encountered what you are describing. However, should there be something wrong with your unit. You should contact our customer service line so that we can assist you with your Sprint Booster. Our product has a 2 year warranty and we stand behind our product 100%.

- Sprint Booster USA

Old 05-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
p0rsch3, We are happy to see that you have enjoyed your experience with Sprint Booster. We are story to hear that you had difficult with the install, but we do offer Customer Service Support to assist with any install issues you may encounter. In regards to your comments about build quality, we wish to set the record straight and remove any doubts about the integrity of our product and safety standards.

1) Sprint Booster is a patented product. No one has invested the amount of time and resources we have to enhance the electronic “DRIVE BY WIRE” system. It is protected by a patent (GR1005429) in front of OBI (patent office in Greece) as well as internationally by patent application in front of PCT (WO2007066155).

2) Is Sprint Booster Safe and will this hurt my car?

If properly installed, yes Sprint Booster is very safe. Safety is something we take very seriously. This is why we subjected our product to ultra high TUV SUD testing which some would argue is the highest technical testing standard in the world. Sprint Booster has passed successfully the TUV tests (TUV SUD Automotive) and it is certified with European Conformity type approval ( E.C. type approval mark No e24031712) with regard to Directive 72/245/EEC as last amended by Directive 2006/28/EC. The e – mark is printed on each device. For more information about TUV can be found on the USA TUV website http://tuvamerica.com/industry/automotive.cfm

3) Where is Sprint Booster manufactured?

Sprint Booster is 100% made in Europe. Sprint Booster takes safety very seriously in manufacturing and designing of our product.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With your Specific situation, there should never be a need to modify our product to ensure that it is secure or connected. We regularly have Porsche vehicles at our testing facility and we have not encountered what you are describing. However, should there be something wrong with your unit. You should contact our customer service line so that we can assist you with your Sprint Booster. Our product has a 2 year warranty and we stand behind our product 100%.

- Sprint Booster USA

Hello manufacturer- Thanks for the reply, but really, what's with the generic response? Did you not read my posts? I did not have an "installation issue", what I had was a "product issue". You chose to use very thin, cheap plastic for the product housing, which is well below sub-par for use as a critical electronic connector component. This housing is very soft, not 100% accurately designed, and does not remain securely locked into place. Basically, if you can reach under there and pull it back out without much effort, it is poorly constructed. This is the egas pedal connection and should be equally as secure as the OEM connector (and made of the same connection-quality hard plastic). Have you looked at the Porsche OEM egas connector? Ever tried to pull one off? Can't do it, right? This is designed to be very securely connected on purpose. Your product should not circumvent this.

Also, since most drivers will probably mount the mode button somewhere under the drivers side dash, you must use a quality adhesive backing and not the cheap stuff presently included. It falls right off, and I even had it mounted to a clean metal surface with the cable securely supported with zip ties. You do NOT want the cable falling into your feet while driving (which happened to me BTW - but thank goodness I had the zip ties), which could either get in your way of pedal operation or inadvertently press the button / change modes unexpectedly.

These are common sense driver safety issues- Which you should address if 'real world' safety is your goal. Don't throw your certifications or patents at me as they mean nothing - I'm telling you, you have two potential hazards present that should be remedied. Anyone looking at this part can immediately see the thin soft plastic construction and how it is nowhere near the same thick quality hard plastic of the OEM connectors. In regards to any of your pcars that you've had on-site, I'll bet you $20 that you can easily reach in there and unplug it from the gas pedal with absolutely no effort.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 05-31-2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-31-2011, 04:21 PM
Keep in mind, again, that I'm only taking the time to spell this out for you as I think you have a good product- it works well and is definitely something that will benefit a lot of pcar owners. Update the casing to reflect proper quality (and prevent a possible hazardous situation to the driver) and you've got a winner.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor
This should be done offline...

Old 09-29-2011, 08:44 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
dan shoot me with special price via pm please

thanks

Old 09-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Former Vendor
I will email you

Old 12-13-2011, 04:16 PM
GTS Jay has a spectacular aura aboutGTS Jay has a spectacular aura about
Is this special still going on? Please shoot me a PM with the special price if it's still happening. Thanks!

Old 12-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor
Sorry I missed this, PMing now.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:33 PM
rharness is infamous around these parts
sprint booster

I am interested to purchase a Sprint Booster. What is your discount offer ??
Ron H

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster Special - Improve that Throttle Response!