Intercooler Sale!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Intercooler Sale!!

From now until July 31st, we've got an incredible deal on our awesome Champion Motorsport 997.1 and 997.2 Intercooler kits! Details are printed on the flier below, but here's a summary:
  • 10% off!
  • Free Shipping (In the continental US)
  • Ends July 31st
  • Purchase must be made via our our website.
Please make sure to enter the appropriate discount codes at checkout.

International customers: Although the free shipping discount does not apply, our website uses the fully discounted FedEx International shipping rate.

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 07-14-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:09 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
how do these compare to gt2rs intercoolers?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Has CMS tested the IAT differences between their 2010 I/C's and the new 997.2tt I/C's yet?

Going by the CMS video on your website Louis does not mention anything at all about comparitive IAT's between the new .2tts oem coolers, other than stating the new 2010 CMS coolers are more efficient than the oem .1tt coolers and earlier bell core CMS coolers.

I note flow has been tested between the 2010 CMS and .2tt coolers (and established as better) but can we please hear some comparison details on the IAT's?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Has CMS tested the IAT differences between their 2010 I/C's and the new 997.2tt I/C's yet?

Going by the CMS video on your website Louis does not mention anything at all about comparitive IAT's between the new .2tts oem coolers, other than stating the new 2010 CMS coolers are more efficient than the oem .1tt coolers and earlier bell core CMS coolers.

I note flow has been tested between the 2010 CMS and .2tt coolers (and established as better) but can we please hear some comparison details on the IAT's?

To be perfectly honest, we have not done a direct comparison between the .2TTS coolers and ours. The reason we have not is because in our testing the .2 coolers simply do not flow as well as the .1tt coolers and especially not as good as our CMS coolers. That testing, by the way, was done by an independent facility called Wilson Manifolds because we don't have the equipment to perform such a test. So the results are honest and unbiased. Yes, the .2tt coolers are efficient at cooling, but in any of our upgraded turbo applications, it simply wouldn't be a fair comparison because the restricted flow would skew the results. The comparison would have to be done on an otherwise stock car, or maybe chipped/exhaust, but that opportunity just hasn't come up.

I have tons of data to validate how well our coolers work, including datalogs that show ambient temps and IAT's...but most people want to see a side to side comparison which we just haven't felt the need to do. If the opportunity presents itself, I'd be happy to do it...but it just hasn't come up yet.

Attached is a datalog of our in-house 997TT with our 68mm billet turbos, stock engine internals, and our full CMS upgrades, including intercoolers. It shows both ambient and IAT....so maybe this could be compared to others results with similar ambient temps. It was taken during a run on a Mustang AWD dyno where our car put down about 750 whp. (p.s. sorry I had to convert it to a .txt file to attach it so it's bit difficult to read, but the data is there.)

Attached Files
Old 07-20-2011, 12:07 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
^^ Makes a lot of sense. If the .2s can't handle the required flow, then they're not too useful for that application.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by TTdude
^^ Makes a lot of sense. If the .2s can't handle the required flow, then they're not too useful for that application.
True, I just thought that seeing how well they cool in that application might provide a little insight into how well they'd do in a less modified car.