Vivid Racing - March Special - Vivid Racing Exclusive!!! - LOOK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
None of the flashes are obsolete. There have been minor tweeks and changes made over the years that is all.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
None of the flashes are obsolete. There have been minor tweeks and changes made over the years that is all.
Okay so then I was misinformed by Softronic. I can only imagine these tweaks/changes are improvments to the tune. Is my 3 year old tune as efficient as one generated today. I'd venture to say no.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Let me rephrase that for you.

Your tune is not the same as the one generated today, however going to the extent of calling it obsolete would be a little bit of a stretch don't you think?

What exactly are you trying to get at?

Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
^^ Okay obsolte was not the right word as I'm happy with my tune however I can only imagine that a tune the generated 3 years later(today) can only be better in all aspects just like IOS 6.1 versus 4.1 or any software/firmware upgrades.

So my question is why was I told that my tune is "the most recent" and that I don't need an updated file?

Old 03-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
For your 2010 flash We now have the ability to raise O2 limits for no CEL's etc...

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:34 AM
For your 2010 flash there may not be changes related to power/performance. Ill call Softronic if you like and ask. Just think initially they were being bench flashed. Then they came to include the durametric. We now have the ability to raise O2 limits for no CEL's etc...
Any word on this? other SW vendors provide free files for revision changes, is this the case with Softronic?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor
typically does not do revisions as once the file is a good working file, that is what is used. Sometimes for custom applications or issues those would be considered revisions. But just cause its been 3 years does not mean there is anything wrong with the file. If you would like to PM me with your original invoice and what your concerns are with the car, I can look into further for you.

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
I'm interested in the tune but i think i need to get a better exhaust first.... (right now i have Fabspeed version 2)

Last edited by LeoLambo; 04-06-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Softronic typically does not do revisions as once the file is a good working file, that is what is used. Sometimes for custom applications or issues those would be considered revisions. But just cause its been 3 years does not mean there is anything wrong with the file. If you would like to PM me with your original invoice and what your concerns are with the car, I can look into further for you.
I have no issues with my tune everything is working order, it just seems odd that a SW vendor would provide the same file 3 years later. SW revisions are not released only to fix problems, rather to refine timing/mapping etc. Now if S-tronic states my file is good and I don't need another because the file today is not any better than the one I have than so be it.

Originally Posted by Leo997TT
I wanna get the tune on my 997 TT but i think i have to wait until i get a new better exhaust... right now i have fabspeed version 2... i'm interested in getting a EUROPIPE 1 than get the tune
Leo- wait until you get the exhaust first.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
Leo - dont waste your money on a new exhaust, the one you have is fine. Most all exhausts do the same unless you have straight pipes. The flash is the best money spent. Not a sales pitch, 997 TT x2 owner experience.

EuroTom - I think I got thrown into the middle of the issue. Confused really. Give me a call to discuss.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:48 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Dan,

Thank you for the good price, fast delivery & customer care.

I installed the tune today and the engine light turn on after i finish the installation. I just had to clear faults in all the modules with the durametric software version 6 and the light finally turn off. (Dan thank you for your help to fix this problem)

I really like the car right now, the RPM go up to 7000... it's really wild but i'm not sure if i gain 100hp with the tune, fadspeed version 2 exhaust and BMC filter (it was raining outside so i didn't go over 130 mph but i drove the car for 100 miles and the light never turn back on), i will take my car to the dyno next week and i will post the results.

I don't know if Europipe will get me more hp but the sound it's just sick!!! i really wanna get the Europipe 1 for my Automatic 997 TT and maybe the headers (if i change the exhaust and the headers i will have to get a new tune or i won't need a new tune unless i change something inside the engine, bigger turbos, etc)

Leo

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	325.0 KB
ID:	228834   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	228835  
Attached Images  

Last edited by LeoLambo; 04-06-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:48 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Dan,

Thank you for the good price, fast delivery & customer care.

I installed the tune today and the engine light turn on after i finish the installation. I just had to clear faults in all the modules with the durametric software version 6 and the light finally turn off. (Dan thank you for your help to fix this problem)

I really like the car right now, the RPM go up to 7000... it's really wild but i'm not sure if i gain 100hp with the tune, fadspeed version 2 exhaust and BMC filter (it was raining outside so i didn't go over 130 mph but i drove the car for 100 miles and the light never turn back on), i will take my car to the dyno next week and i will post the results.

I don't know if Europipe will get me more hp but the sound it's just sick!!! i really wanna get the Europipe 1 for my Automatic 997 TT and maybe the headers (if i change the exhaust and the headers i will have to get a new tune or i won't need a new tune unless i change something inside the engine, bigger turbos, etc)

Leo

Hello , congrats on your new upgrades ,
I did alot of softronic tunings in my area , with big succes and zero issues !!

We tried many exhausts on 997tt , we found the best for sound and performance is 911tuning x-designe exhaust system , it worked very well with softronic mafless tune

Do not go for headers , stock headers fine !!
You should get DVs , as the stock may failed after the tune !! Go for FORGE with grean spring !! Its nice , also last thing is , the next time you change the spark , go for NGK bkr7eix (2667) !!! They work great also !!

Good luck buddy and enjoy your ride

Old 04-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Former Vendor
Your very welcome Leo!

Old 06-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor
Going to do some special deals. Want to get 10 flashes sold in 10 days. PM me to help me beat my record!

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:58 AM
spoiled996 is a jewel in the roughspoiled996 is a jewel in the roughspoiled996 is a jewel in the rough
Is this something you can install yourself or do you need to take it to a shop for install?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing - March Special - Vivid Racing Exclusive!!! - LOOK