Vivid Racing - March Special - Vivid Racing Exclusive!!! - LOOK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Exclamation Vivid Racing - March Special - Vivid Racing Exclusive!!! - LOOK

The ECU flashes are hands down the most user friendly, include the most features, and are among the best for power/torque gains.

Don't miss out!!!

What are the benefits/functions of going with us compared to the competition?
  • We do not require the removal of your ECU from the car. There is no down time at all.
  • Your car can be flashed at your convenience from the comfort of your own garage.
  • Reflashing is done via a Client Cable that is connected to the OBDII port. You simply plug the cable into the car and read the file with a laptop per the instructions with the cable. Once the file is downloaded, it is emailed where the file is tuned and then emailed back to you. You simply upload the file and then you are done. Total process is about 1 hour.
  • Reflashing is done according to the vehicles octane level of pump gas and modifications are taken into account (Intake, Headers, Exhaust) to enhance power gains.
  • Tuned numbers below represent usage of 93 octane and a free flowing exhaust.

Like all before it, the 997 Turbo is an animal out of the box. With 480 horsepower to the crank and Variable Turbine Geometry (VTG) turbochargers, this car is one to be scared of. But as with any other turbocharged car, there is more hidden inside it. With some adjustments to the boost level, timing, and air fuel ratio, we can create a monster out of the stock 3.6L 997 Turbo. Our tests revealed a gain of almost 80hp to the crank. This ECU flash is for the 2007+ 997 Turbo.

997.1 TT
Stock Power - 480HP
Tuned Power - 615HP

The 2007-2009 Porsche 997 Turbo has been a huge success . Now with the new 2010 DFI 997.2 Turbo out, more power can be pulled from that car too. The 6 cylinder, 3.8L engine offers much more to gain then what is in the 500HP engine of the PDK or 6speed cars. Not sure about the warranty affects? Read Here. So what will the ECU flash do for me…

997.2TT
Stock Crank Power – 500HP
Tuned Crank Power – 610HP

Posted by - Dennis Balassone
"If you have a 997 Turbo, get this tune. The difference is amazing, the acceleration pushes you flat into your seat! No issues whatsoever in regular driving, the car even seems to run smoother. Purchase and installation smooth and easy, cable sent right away, read took 15 min, uploaded file, received tuned file next day. Actual flash took 2 minutes and car was up and running. Real happy!"

Posted by - Richard French
"Loaded the software in less than 5 mins and took the car out to see how it would perform. Went to the nearest highway, accelerated up the on-ramp and quick moved over a few lanes – with so much torque, responsiveness of the throttle and elimination of most of the turbo lag, I was pushed quickly into the back of the seat and reached 120mph without even realizing it. So much smoother!"

Again this special is only good for the month of March.

Pricing as follows:

997.1TT - $2195

997.2TT - $2295

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys I've got this tune + the europipe exhaust and it has transformed the characteristics of the car for the better. Turbos come on faster and harder and the over boost stays on as long as you can stand it!

Question for Dan, can you explain how you extrapolate the dyno chart to the claimed power gains?

From my calculations I get:
Base case assumption: Stock ECU (480 hp) + Free Flowing Exhaust (+20hp) = 500 hp at the crank
Dyno shows max 425 hp. Adjustment ratio for dyno loss: 500/425 = 1.176

Dyno for Softronic Tune + Exhaust max 491 hp: apply the dyno loss ratio calculated above (491 hp X 1.176) = 577 hp at the crank

how do you get to 615 hp? what am I missing?

thanks
Art

Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We have had cars dyno with much higher figures using anything but our heartbreaker of a dyno we have planted in the ground in the back haha.

The above chart is just an example of what you can expect to see back to back when flashing the car. This is without even getting a few driving cycles on the car and truly maximizing the power seen.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
So are 615 hp figures on 93 octane expected with an am exhaust?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor
Correct 615 is what you can expect at the crank.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:04 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
We have had cars dyno with much higher figures using anything but our heartbreaker of a dyno we have planted in the ground in the back haha.

The above chart is just an example of what you can expect to see back to back when flashing the car. This is without even getting a few driving cycles on the car and truly maximizing the power seen.
So are you saying that the tuned car experienced a greater loss on the dyno (20% loss) vs the stock dyno pulls (15% loss)?
Edit: same car on the same dyno should produce similar % loss flashed vs stock

What I'm struggling with is unless you have other dyno pulls that show the tuned car putting down 520 awhp (which would translate to your claimed 615 crank hp on your dyno) then how do you know that 491 ahwp isn't accurate?

at the end of the day 491 awhp (580 crank hp) with a tune + exhaust is amazing and more than meets expectations.

With that said, unless you've got data that you can document to back up your 615 hp claim I think you need to be consistent and start advertising 580 crank hp as this is what your dyno chart supports.

finally, the softronic tune is a great product regardless of these claims, and I would hate to see a quality product lose it's luster because of undocumented claims that can't be substantiated. that would hurt the brand in the long run

- Art

Last edited by aa909; 03-12-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Former Vendor
Your basing all of your info off one car. Lets not even bother with the fact it says it was 105 degrees in the dyno room. Say we made these pulls in an optimum temperature setting. Drove the car around a bit and got a few driving cycles on it. Do you think that extra 25whp your looking for sounds very unlikely?

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Let me know if this other graph helps you out.

Your basing all of your info off one car. Lets not even bother with the fact it says it was 105 degrees in the dyno room. Say we made these pulls in an optimum temperature setting. Drove the car around a bit and got a few driving cycles on it. Do you think that extra 25whp your looking for sounds very unlikely?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...softronic.html
Josh

Not sure if it is just the "tone" of your post but it comes across as somewhat defensive. There is no need for that, I have this tune and I'm happy with it but it's not my job to figure out how you guys get to your marketing claims (eg 615hp).

I ask the question directly because as a customer I'd like to be able to communicate facts to other car enthusiasts. and if I reference these dyno charts they don't clearly detail how you get to 615 crank HP.

Would be really helpful if Dan or someone from Softronic can clear this up with step by step walk through on what the real crank HP gains are, and how the data support said claims. That's all I'm asking for because as I stated earlier it is not immediately evident that 615 hp and not 580 hp is what is really achievable

best
Art

Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
No offensiveness was meant in the post sir.

I know you have the flash I was the one that sold it to you.

I really just wish I had more graphs to represent.

But just to be 100% clear.
The 615 crank is based on 93 octane and a free flowing exhaust.

I will try and clearly reflect that above.

Im more than happy to answer any other questions you may have on it as well.

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Scott should be able to help with this, IIRC, his crank numbers are from an engine dyno.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor
These flashes have been engine dynoed in the past to back up the numbers. However using what I have here.

Mustang dynos typically see an 18% loss.

Stock 93 oct - 387 Wheel HP
Flash w/ muffler and 93 - 494 Wheel HP

18% loss would bring it to 472 crank horse power stock
18% loss would bring it to 603 crank horse power flashed

Based off that the car is running a bit low on power since we know the car makes 480 to the crank. This could be heat related, dyno related, the fact the dyno charts were ran on different days, etc...

There are several graphs on this forum that show 500-510 to the wheels from middle eastern cars.

Finally the biggest thing... this is a flash from 2008. The flash has been revamped several times over the years to extract every bit of power.

Ill do my best the next time we get a local car in here to get an updated dyno run, back to back, and rereflect everything.

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:32 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Finally the biggest thing... this is a flash from 2008. The flash has been revamped several times over the years to extract every bit of power.

.[/QUOTE]

Interesting I contacted Softronic directly regarind my tune which was purchased in 2010. SW minor releases occur often and I was under the impression my -10 tune was obsolete. Can you validate this, I can't imagine that there have not been improvements over the last 3 years.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Check out our clearance on 997TT front lips here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-program.html

Old 03-19-2013, 10:31 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
What a sloppy looking piece of garbage, at least start offering your products in recyclable material so they stop ending up in the landfill.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Check out our clearance on 997TT front lips here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-program.html

Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Apprectiate some feedback on my post above #12

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing - March Special - Vivid Racing Exclusive!!! - LOOK