AMS/ALPHA Performance Porsche 997.1 Intercooler kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
AMS/ALPHA Performance Porsche 997.1 Intercooler kit NEW LOWER PRICE!

EDIT: PRICE DROP TO $4499.95 Thanks to new more refined manufacturing process' here at AMS!

On the heels of our newly released ALPHA 9 performance package https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...l-release.html we are proud to announce our new 997.1 Intercooler kit.

The Alpha 997 Intercooler System utilizes a pair of 5.5” thick, high volume cores giving you the most power producing option on the market. Each core provides twice the fin density (24 fins per inch) for unmatched cooling.

The kit also retains full use of the intercooler inlets (located in front of each rear wheel) forcing cool air into our larger, carbon fiber shrouds. Not only is this option more aesthetically pleasing, each rigid, OEM-quality, carbon fiber piece is made to seamlessly mate to the Alpha Intercoolers feeding them cooler ambient air more efficiently. Not to mention eliminating the need to remove or butcher your intercooler ducting like the competition.

Another key component to the intercooler system is our computer designed intercooler piping. This features a cast aluminum y-pipe offering 40% more flow. The larger 2.5” diameter is significantly wider than stock (1.79”) and its cast aluminum construction allowed our Engineers to provide the best flow while conforming to the tight surroundings of the engine bay. In addition, our computer designed, precisely molded, custom silicone couplers provide perfect fitment and optimized geometry for improved airflow volume and velocity. All of this careful planning and design equates to unmatched power and response helping you stay ahead of your competition!

Alpha Performance 997.1TT Intercooler Kit Key Features:
  • Painless installation and completely reversible back to stock
  • 5.5" deep intercoolers with smooth flowing cast end tanks
  • OEM quality, retains OE routing and fits exactly like the stock system
  • No loss in boost response
  • High flow/strength 4-ply reinforced silicone intercooler tubing
  • 100% carbon fiber intercooler ducting, not glass with carbon fiber overlay

The Alpha Performance 997.1TT Intercooler kit offers you a complete solution with nothing left to buy. What makes this kit even more appealing is that it offers exact tolerances and fitment within the tight confines of the 997 engine bay. Not only does it improve the size and effectiveness of the intercooler system, it's is all done without deviation from the stock routing!

All this for $4499.95!!

For more info or to order please click here: http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/p...391&page=1

Attached Images        

Last edited by AMS; 04-02-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:30 AM
ATL_GT-R is infamous around these parts
Only first class products from these guys.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:30 AM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
where do you put the BOV's? In the silicone hoses that connect to the Y Pipe?

can you share a pic of the engine bay?

Old 05-13-2013, 03:42 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL_GT-R
Only first class products from these guys.
Thanks

Originally Posted by w00zy

Yes you are correct

We'll get an engine shot up tomorrow.

Larry

Old 05-14-2013, 10:05 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by w00zy

Originally Posted by AMS
Thanks

Yes you are correct

We'll get an engine shot up tomorrow.

Larry

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpha_9_Porsche_997_Engine_Bay_1200px.jpg
Views:	1827
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	242416  
Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
Here is the Alpha Core vs the stock core!

Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2013, 05:18 PM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Would these intercoolers on a stock turbo car create more lag?

Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kpt6
Would these intercoolers on a stock turbo car create more lag?
In theory yes, in practice no.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 PM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rix
In theory yes, in practice no.
When I installed bigger aftermarket intercoolers on stock turbo Evos, they did get laggier. I was just curious if AMS noticed the same with these on stock turbo TTs.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:03 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kpt6
When I installed bigger aftermarket intercoolers on stock turbo Evos, they did get laggier. I was just curious if AMS noticed the same with these on stock turbo TTs.
Awesome! A fellow former EVO owner! Sorry for the cheeky response, I ***-umed too much. AMS is pretty legendary in the 4G63 world, I used to run against Martin in the NOPI import drags with my Eclipse.

When you say laggier are you talking boost threshold RPM, or slower spool/recovery time? From my somewhat extensive datalogging I'm seeing 53C/130F in 70 degree ambient temps at the top of third with the stock 997.1 intercoolers. I'm running roughly 1.3 bar (although it tapers with RPM) with a flash from Protomotive.

In the same conditions I wouldn't be surprised at all if the AMS intercoolers stayed below 100F, which would be good for 20-30hp. That is roughly what Protomotive claims IAT wise for theirs. I imagine the cores perform similarly, what is really attractive to me about the AMS setup is the ducting which does not require taking a hacksaw to $600 intercooler ducts in the fenders. The fit ment looks to be the best of any 997 intercooler setup on the market. It might lose 100-200rpm of boost threshold, but the lower temps as well as the ability to run at full power in hotter temps sort of makes it a no brainer to me.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:10 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
There would be no lag associated with our Alpha IC kit. The engineers here at AMS/Alpha Performance worked very hard to bring the most complete efficient kit to the market.

I posted some IAT info here. We are looking forward to some independent testing that will be done soon by MegioN.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3854881

Larry

Old 05-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by rix

When you say laggier are you talking boost threshold RPM, or slower spool/recovery time?
Boost threshold RPM is what I meant. With massive FMICs, I've noticed 300-400+ rpm difference in the past. This was quite noticeable when there weren't many other upgrades to the car. Since these intercoolers are so big, I figured the possibility may be there.

Thank you for the reply.

Thanks for your reply as well Larry.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:02 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Will this intercooler kit work with modified VTG Turbos? As far as fitment to the VTG with the tubing?

Old 06-05-2013, 12:19 PM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
Good work.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:52 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Will this intercooler kit work with modified VTG Turbos? As far as fitment to the VTG with the tubing?
Originally Posted by 997John
Good work.

Yes this kit is OEM Turbo compatible and we will have a 997.2 option available soon.

I have great news for everyone. Thanks to refining some of our manufacturing process' we are able to lower the retail price on this kit to $4499.95! Thats a great price for one of the best performing, most complete and well thought out intercooler systems on the market!

Eric

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMS/ALPHA Performance Porsche 997.1 Intercooler kit