997 Vendor Classifieds
Sponsored by:

VF-Engineering SC build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
There is no need for vacuum to the intake. Maybe people are experiencing excess foam because they are running an inferior oil. Mine has worked for the last 40,000 miles. No Porsche, expecially a blown porsche should be running Mobil 0W40.

which oil do you use? and how much boost are you running?

Old 10-09-2008, 12:42 PM
kdubb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Oink911
Is this supercharger able to have a BOV?

Old 10-09-2008, 12:48 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
It would be illegal to sell a system that DOES NOT collect blowby back into the intake system. I have to assume this is the reason the system is designed with the return.

For many of us, it is not the oil in the intake that is toublesome, but the heat. Many of us don't have a probem with excessive liquid blowby, so oil is not a factor. Maybe those who experience the Porsche approved 9 gallons of oil consumption every 15,000 miles should figure out how to stop the buirning before being concerned about an intake line. Stopping the use of Mobil Water might be a good place to start.
are we not suppose to be running 0W40 mobile 1 syn? what do you recommend running on our cars?

Old 10-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
are we not suppose to be running 0W40 mobile 1 syn? what do you recommend running on our cars?
oh no you didnt.... ask that question to 1999Porsche911.... search is your friend

Old 10-09-2008, 01:33 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Oink911
Is this supercharger able to have a BOV?
It has a diverter valve, which is a bit different. Do you ask because you like the sound? They have two different diverter valves (or they used to). The aluminum upgrade one makes a sweet whistle. However (correct me if I'm wrong guys) you don't overboost a supercharger because it's spooling exactly with the engine. If you're at full throttle (full boost) and push the clutch in, the engine speed immediately drops and so the extra boost isn't crazy like on a high psi turbo. The boost leftover is just diverted back into the intake for the next go 'round. This is a very low boost system (in relation to high psi turbos) because of the high compression of the engine. You don't get a huge psssssshhhh! at a red light like you do in a turbo running at 20psi with a huge BOV. Make sense? The sound is nice though, especially on a cool morning.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by blakt out
It has a diverter valve, which is a bit different. Do you ask because you like the sound? They have two different diverter valves (or they used to). The aluminum upgrade one makes a sweet whistle. However (correct me if I'm wrong guys) you don't overboost a supercharger because it's spooling exactly with the engine. If you're at full throttle (full boost) and push the clutch in, the engine speed immediately drops and so the extra boost isn't crazy like on a high psi turbo. The boost leftover is just diverted back into the intake for the next go 'round. This is a very low boost system (in relation to high psi turbos) because of the high compression of the engine. You don't get a huge psssssshhhh! at a red light like you do in a turbo running at 20psi with a huge BOV. Make sense? The sound is nice though, especially on a cool morning.
any sound clips ???

please say yes please say yes

i loved the sound of my Tial BOV's on my TT C5, would love to hear it on the 997

Old 10-09-2008, 01:46 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry bro. My exhaust is a racing exhaust (currently... something special in the works) and it's so loud in my sound clips that people in the flag stations hold their earphones on tighter when I go by. But honestly, you'd only hear it decently loudly for the first 15 minutes in the morning, and that's also true with the supercharger itself, not just the valve. It's a cool sounding whistle, but not at all what you're probably expecting.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:35 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
i have the alum bypass value on my 996 SC and you can DEFINITELY hear it. it's like a high pitched whistle. but then again, that whistle is nothing compared to how my tubi exhaust sounds when the SC is on boost, sounds like a freight train

Old 10-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
youll hear it when your at WOT and then lift.... thats when the valve opens... like a roman candle whistle.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:14 PM
do keep in mind, the way the system works like redridge ways is it's WOT and then lift.. then the value opens... so when you hear the whistle, you exhaust is going to be pretty loud and your engine will be at pretty high rpms!

it won't be like a blow-off valve on a supra where you can get that whistle sound at low rpms when shifting

i am not sure how much of you guys have driven or sat in a VF supercharged pcar but these cars are NOT silent in anyways imagineable. the supercharger itself even at idle is LOUD. you car doesn't sound anything close to stock... it's a very mechanical sound and i love it

Old 10-09-2008, 08:15 PM
do keep in mind, the way the system works like redridge ways is it's WOT and then lift.. then the value opens... so when you hear the whistle, you exhaust is going to be pretty loud and your engine will be at pretty high rpms!

it won't be like a blow-off valve on a supra where you can get that whistle sound at low rpms when shifting

i am not sure how much of you guys have driven or sat in a VF supercharged pcar but these cars are NOT silent in anyways imagineable. the supercharger itself even at idle is LOUD. you car doesn't sound anything close to stock... it's a very mechanical sound and i love it
all the youtube vids of the SC cars kinda suck

Old 10-10-2008, 03:00 AM
Oink911 is infamous around these parts
Hmm... Perhaps comparable to this Sound?? sure looks like a vortech supercharger. I like the sound of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tiTZgyy2UM

Old 10-10-2008, 05:48 AM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future

Mobil 0W40 is fine for keeping your door hinges from sqeaking but I wouldn't even put it in my lawn mower. Mobil EXTENDED PERFORMANCE 15W50 is my choice and SYNTEC 5W50 is ok too.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Mobil 0W40 is fine for keeping your door hinges from sqeaking but I wouldn't even put it in my lawn mower. Mobil EXTENDED PERFORMANCE 15W50 is my choice and SYNTEC 5W50 is ok too.
i don't know much about switching oil and compatability, can our SC cars run 15W50? my engine won't blow up right?

Old 10-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Delius@VF-Engineering
Originally Posted by kdubb

Q: Can I use a blow off valve with a VF supercharger sysem ?

A: No. Cars fitted with Mass Air Flow sensors do not run well when you release air charge into the atmosphere because you are dumping "metered air" with a BOV. This is why most FI systems including all VF kits, recirculate the air charge off throttle with a "bypass vavle".

Have a great weekend!

-Delius

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VF-Engineering SC build