Sponsored by:

VF-Engineering SC build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Nik@VF-Engineering is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2006997C4SCab
One of the biggest things I like about the VF Supercharger vs the TPC is how quiet the VF system is in operation. It is barely perceptible and offers the ability to sound pretty much stock. (Stealthy?) The TPC on the other hand sounds like a loud high pitched vacuum cleaner crating no doubt it is blown.
Although performance of the TPC is slightly better because it achieves a higher boost sooner there are some that question if that is harmful to the engine to have that spike. Not sure if that is a true worry or not. VF seems to believe the engine can handle more boost so only time will tell.
As for VF not spending time looking at the competition I would seriously doubt that.

Some good points there

However, I can confirm, we do not spend any time looking at others products. There are simply not enough hours in the day. VF were the first to release a production tuned supercharger system for the 996 in 2004 and 997 in 2005 and at the time, there was nothing else to look at anyway

Stay tuned for the dyno results and release information for our stg2 kits! The new Vortech (no oil lines) V3 simplifies the install further than it already is.

-Nik
Head of R&D.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nik@VF-Engineering
Some good points there

However, I can confirm, we do not spend any time looking at others products. There are simply not enough hours in the day. VF were the first to release a production tuned supercharger system for the 996 in 2004 and 997 in 2005 and at the time, there was nothing else to look at anyway

Stay tuned for the dyno results and release information for our stg2 kits! The new Vortech (no oil lines) V3 simplifies the install further than it already is.

-Nik
Head of R&D.
Do you think you will have trouble creating a kit for the facelift cars being that they are running a 12.5:1 compression ratio?

Old 06-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
Very nice protected answer The additional injector is no flaw in the system. I will agree that the piggyback is not as nice as the ECU flash, but hey, I dont build them. What I wanted to hear from you is a comparison. Because as a manufacturer, I want to know my competition.

Vortex supercharger spools up like a turbo, so low end you dont get all the boost like the roots style supercharger correct?

Both systems use an air to water intercooler featuring the GT3 center radiator as the cooler with ducting correct?

So besides the ECU flash, when it comes to driveability, power and performance, how would you compare the two? Have you driven a TPC kit?

I am not stepping on your toes. Vivid Racing could sell the **** out of your kits. Just want customers to understand the differences.
The best thing you could ever do is video a comparison between the TPC and VF supercharged cars going at it. If the TPC performs much better I would live with the whine no problem. Most manufacturers use roots blowers anyway, people with mustangs, jags, etc. don't seem to be bothered by it.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Skylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to beholdSkylar's Dad is a splendid one to behold
Some good points there

-Nik
Head of R&D.

I can vouch for Nik- I am am a neighbor (3 homes down) and he and his wife J have a beautiful family ( a newborn- a little girl like mine) and is a person of high integrity.

Congrats Nik on the birth of your little girl and one day I can see both our little girls driving Supercharged Porsches...hopefully after they are married off...

Cheers-

SD (Mike)

Old 06-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by CURI0
The best thing you could ever do is video a comparison between the TPC and VF supercharged cars going at it. If the TPC performs much better I would live with the whine no problem. Most manufacturers use roots blowers anyway, people with mustangs, jags, etc. don't seem to be bothered by it.

The sound that people talk about is typically attenuated by the design of the manifold that the roots unit is bolted to.

The performance of roots Vs centrifugal is not what this thread is about, however a comparison of VF Vs TPC is something we leave consumers to decide by themselves. We are not that aggressive in our nature that we feel the need to go head to head. We chose a centrifugal unit for its conservative power delivery characteristics relative to bolting a turbo or roots unit onto an NA motor.

Our products credentials speak for themselves in the just the sheer volume of product we have on the market and in the credentials of the businesses that install and support it.

We are continuing to support the product by further investing in R&D for an upgrade path and supporting new platforms as they arrive. 12.5:1 compresison ratio is something we will tackle within our stride using all the diagnostic and pro-active R&D techniques we employ.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Banned
The sound that people talk about is typically attenuated by the design of the manifold that the roots unit is bolted to.

The performance of roots Vs centrifugal is not what this thread is about, however a comparison of VF Vs TPC is something we leave consumers to decide by themselves. We are not that aggressive in our nature that we feel the need to go head to head. We chose a centrifugal unit for its conservative power delivery characteristics relative to bolting a turbo or roots unit onto an NA motor.

Our products credentials speak for themselves in the just the sheer volume of product we have on the market and in the credentials of the businesses that install and support it.

We are continuing to support the product by further investing in R&D for an upgrade path and supporting new platforms as they arrive. 12.5:1 compresison ratio is something we will tackle within our stride using all the diagnostic and pro-active R&D techniques we employ.
No one is questioning your expertise. You guys make a good system and we are all glad you do it. I like many others want to see who is faster, VF or TPC.

I am ordering a facelift S and I am in Anaheim Hills. I will be looking at VF-engineering closely to see what they come up with for the new cars. I will also be looking at TPC. Whenever supercharging is mentioned, I am sure people will want as much information to be presented as possible.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Skylar's Dad
I can vouch for Nik- I am am a neighbor (3 homes down) and he and his wife J have a beautiful family ( a newborn- a little girl like mine) and is a person of high integrity.

Congrats Nik on the birth of your little girl and one day I can see both our little girls driving Supercharged Porsches...hopefully after they are married off...

Cheers-

SD (Mike)
hey Mike, glad to see you on here now that you have graduated into a 997S. It suits you!

he he. married off in about 20 or so years from now! I wonder what the 911 will look like by then? cars will probably be powered by a small nuclear cell IMO.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:10 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !