997 Vendor Classifieds
Sponsored by:

VF-Engineering SC build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:05 AM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Just open the resevoir cap on the intercooler system and look at the coolant flow. Probe the coolant with a thermometer and you will know EXACTLY what your coolant temp is. It is never very hot. Flow should be continuous and air free. You DO NOT want to draw air upwards and out of the lid vents.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
the coolant hoses are a real problem with the install. Some of the bends are to sharp and crimps very easily thus reducing circulation... Ive had to redo mines several times to get it right. Now my temp is right at "0" at the 180 mark during track events.... very happy with this kit.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:28 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Nik,

I may have missed it in the few pages, but is there easy access to drain the supercharger for an oil change, or will the blower unit have to be pulled to gain access?

The self contained blower is a big step forward for this already great kit!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Delius@VF-Engineering
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
Nik,

I may have missed it in the few pages, but is there easy access to drain the supercharger for an oil change, or will the blower unit have to be pulled to gain access?

The self contained blower is a big step forward for this already great kit!
Yes, it is very easy to drain. The V3 comes with a breather, braided steel line for draining, and it is all accessible with out pulling the blower.

Please look at the two brass screws in the picture above, this is where one will perform the yearly oil change and maintenance.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Turbo S is infamous around these parts
Hello Nik,

I am from Singapore and does the SC have any different btw RHD and LHD as we do RHD back here.And finally the,what does the SC consists of and also what price am i expected to pay for a 997 C2?Many tks!!

Albert

Old 07-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Delius@VF-Engineering
Originally Posted by Turbo S
Hello Nik,

I am from Singapore and does the SC have any different btw RHD and LHD as we do RHD back here.And finally the,what does the SC consists of and also what price am i expected to pay for a 997 C2?Many tks!!

Albert

Albert,

VF-Engineering kits are spanning all major continents, cities, and countryside’s.
We have sold supercharger kits successfully across the Globe.
There is no difference between RHD and LHD.
That is one of the many great selling points of our product.

You ask: “what does the SC consists of?”

• Vortech V2 SQ supercharger.
• Vortech Chargecooler.
• Bosch high flow water circulation system.
• Porsche OEM water radiator kit.
• GIAC chip tuned with larger Bosch injectors.
• Top speed governor removed.
• Bosch pressure relief bypass system.
• High temp molded polymer pipework
• K&N induction filter.
• 1 year unlimited mileage warranty on supercharger kit parts.
• Made in California, USA

Your options:

Unlimited miles, 3 year product warranty: STD
Polished Finish Supercharger: STD
Aluminum race bypass valve to replace Bosch bypass: $150

Our specifications:

• Bolt-on and reversible conversion
• All hardware must fit under factory engine compartment lid
• Non-invasive installation OEM quality
• 6 psi with air-water intercooling
• Hp target in the 996/997TT range with stock reliability and drivability

One’s benefit of the purchase of our kit:

Supercharger is directed through the chargecooler core before entering the throttle body. The cooler core contains isolated channels circulating with water from a separate self contained system cooled by its own radiator. VF-Engineering integrated a Porsche OEM front radiator and front bumper vents into the kit. Water is circulated by means of an added OEM Bosch water pump through OEM Good Year water lines. Intake air temperatures in the manifold were measured to be approx 140 deg F even with 'spirited' driving at 118 deg F ambient temperatures in Arizona desert conditions mid-Summer. This dramatic drop in charge temperature helps the 997 create consistent power. For added safety the chargecooler is designed to perform continuously whilst the ignition is on.
Specifications
Stock 997
997 Supercharged

Engine
Cylinders

Displacement
3.6 L
3.6 L

Engine layout
Rear engine
Rear engine

Horsepower (SAE)
325 hp
470 hp

Torque (SAE)
273 lb-ft
365 lb-ft

Compression ratio
11.3 : 1
11.3 : 1
Performance
Top track speed
177 mph
180+mph

0-60 mph
4.8 sec
4.2 sec (est.)

0-99 mph
11 sec
8.9 sec

1/4 Mile
13.30 @ 107 MPH
11.58 @ 123.24 MPH

Prices are listed on our web site with out shipping included.

Thanks All,
Delius

Last edited by Delius@VF-Engineering; 07-09-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:39 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
Question

Hi Nick, REALLY appreciating this info ...even if I am not really in the market today, I may very well be one day soon. Some questions that you may or may not be able to answer...

1) aftermarket exhaust systems ...a benefit or is a stock system more than adequate? (without wanting to start an exhaust upgrade = hp argument ...I would assume there is some benefit but your the voice of experience here)

2) installing on higher mileage cars? (noting that RUF recommends a new engine if over 50K miles) ...where do you guys stand on this?

3) actual installation ...how long could/should I expect it to take an experienced Porsche mechanic to install?

4) Warranties ..be it the factory or a 3rd party provider? Any experience here? (might be a question for those already installed) I would expect PCNA to balk when something blows and point to the SC and [try to] attribute blame but perhaps, if disclosed, some 3rd party providers may cover any "issues".

Thanks again for providing such great info to the forum

Matthew

Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Air23h20 is infamous around these parts
With the US dollar being so weak & making the Euro for example,
almost a full half are your sales focused outside the US at this present time?

Who would not want VF's supercharger for half price?

Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Car_Collector is infamous around these parts
Updates?

Old 07-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned
1carnut is infamous around these parts
I have had the VF SC on my 997S for about 4 months, I could not be more pleased with the results, and the people I have dealt with at VF are top notch. I can not wait till the upgrade is done.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:44 AM
72guy is infamous around these parts
Are there any issues when having engine work or diagnostics performed by a Porsche dealer?

Thanks

Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 AM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 1carnut
I have had the VF SC on my 997S for about 4 months, I could not be more pleased with the results, and the people I have dealt with at VF are top notch. I can not wait till the upgrade is done.
Ditto ... except 16 months

Old 07-10-2008, 01:54 PM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
Also extremely pleased with my supercharged 997S and eager to know the details about the upgrade.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Banned
1carnut is infamous around these parts
Most Posrche dealers will not touch the car after the SC is in it. I would not let my dealer anywhere near my car.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:50 AM
CarreraSpective is infamous around these parts
1carnut, who was your dealer? I am in Lower Gwynedd PA and have been using Don Rosen. Just had a VF SC installed by AWE Tuning. Who do you use now? Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VF-Engineering SC build