997 Vendor Classifieds
Sponsored by:

VF-Engineering SC build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 05:35 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blakt out
Delius has refrained from guessing on stuff like this the whole time. I'm glad, actually. If he were wrong, even once, his credibility could/would be gone.

I walked into a really awesome shop this weekend. I was so impressed. I saw a 350Z that looked like it had tens of thousands of dollars in mods on it. Really nice. The head mechanic told me it would do 210mph down the back straight at VIR. I turned around and walked out and will never trust them and their fancy place with my car. This is just how I feel and what I appreciate in shops/tuners... and so I have Delius' charger on my car.
How long is the back straight?

Old 08-11-2008, 11:07 PM
mfletch is infamous around these parts
Delius, thanks for your response. If you could post here and on Rennlist when you get CARB approval, I'm sure you will sell a few systems.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:53 PM
mark911997sC is infamous around these parts
Got my car back. What a difference the SC makes. The car is very fast. Vf's still not done with the final stage 2 tuning, but they were able to make 398hp to the wheels with their stage 1 pulley. When they tested the stage 2 pulley, there wasn't a great deal of increase due to the restriction from the factory exhaust. A boost gauge was hooked up to the stock mufflers and showed a reading of 9 PSI of back pressure. The 997S they were working on had a Full AWE setup and made almost 500 to the wheels with the stage 2 kit. I just installed a set of Cargraphic headers, mufflers and cats because full aftermarket exhaust will be required for the upgrade to stage 2. I recently dropped off my car to the body shop to install gt3 front,rear, wing, and center exit pipes, As soon as it is done the car will go back to Vf for the final tuning for stage 2. Ill keep you updated on its progress.

Last edited by mark911997sC; 08-13-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:52 PM
997seal is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mfletch
Delius, thanks for your response. If you could post here and on Rennlist when you get CARB approval, I'm sure you will sell a few systems.
I've been tossing around the idea of an SC for the 997 and I am here in California also. I talked with a friend that owns a smog shop and he said that the supercharger is a visual inspection with regard to passing and not passing. From what I read and have been told, the SC should not keep the car from passing a sniff test, it is just that the tech can or cannot pass the car based on the SC sitting on the engine. This was nice to know, I won't have any problems getting smogged at his shop. I'm sure there are friendly smog shops all over the place if you know someone that knows someone.

If this sounds wrong please correct me.

Ryan

Old 08-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Delius@VF-Engineering
Originally Posted by 997seal
I've been tossing around the idea of an SC for the 997 and I am here in California also. I talked with a friend that owns a smog shop and he said that the supercharger is a visual inspection with regard to passing and not passing. From what I read and have been told, the SC should not keep the car from passing a sniff test, it is just that the tech can or cannot pass the car based on the SC sitting on the engine. This was nice to know, I won't have any problems getting smogged at his shop. I'm sure there are friendly smog shops all over the place if you know someone that knows someone.

If this sounds wrong please correct me.

Ryan
Ryan,

I am going to look into this and give a very clear answer for perspective customers in California.

You are right about the visual inspection. What may come after CARB
approval I do not know?

Yet, there are many shops in CA that turn a blind eye because well, they are spirited drivers and P-car lovers themselves.

More to come..........

Old 08-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Delius@VF-Engineering
997 Dyno Plots with our Supercharger Installed!

1, 997S Stock Exhaust:

2, 997S with AWE Headers and Cats:

AWE Tuning - Porsche

3, 997 non S with Stock Exaust:

Old 08-14-2008, 03:51 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
thanks....

First thanks for all the data, posts, dyno posts, etc... great data and much appreciated. I always heard that SC on a none S vs S would yield the same end results in HP gains.....but looks like the S gains almost 30hp vs the none S. Was my data bad? Looks like stock S was 398 and the S was 426rwhp? thanks again

Old 08-14-2008, 03:58 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
maybe hard to explain

I know it maybe hard to explain fast...... but can you try? Some cars are on that theshold of being fast where an extra 50hp can make all the difference and bring the car to another league etc... what are people using for factor for driveline loss in calculating RWHP? if 15% thats 457Hp! Thats a lot of power up from 325 stock and can se ethe car feeling so much different.
Thanks for your note back and after stage 2 holy hell.... your car is going to be even more of a beast!

Originally Posted by mark911997sC
Got my car back. What a difference the SC makes. The car is very fast. Vf's still not done with the final stage 2 tuning, but they were able to make 398hp to the wheels with their stage 1 pulley. When they tested the stage 2 pulley, there wasn't a great deal of increase due to the restriction from the factory exhaust. A boost gauge was hooked up to the stock mufflers and showed a reading of 9 PSI of back pressure. The 997S they were working on had a Full AWE setup and made almost 500 to the wheels with the stage 2 kit. I just installed a set of Cargraphic headers, mufflers and cats because full aftermarket exhaust will be required for the upgrade to stage 2. I recently dropped off my car to the body shop to install gt3 front,rear, wing, and center exit pipes, As soon as it is done the car will go back to Vf for the final tuning for stage 2. Ill keep you updated on its progress.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Delius@VF-Engineering
As noted above:

Please take the power measured at the wheels. Divide by 0.82 to derive at the flywheel numbers. The blue and the red boxes are separate runs.

EXAMPLE
1, 997S Stock Exhaust

RunFile_005.drf Max Power 317.51 / (divide) .82 = 387.20

Old 08-15-2008, 08:42 PM
jellybone is infamous around these parts
it's going to be stage 2 for me too! 500rwhp is my friend....

Love my 997S, but 355hp is nice but not "exciting"...

Old 08-18-2008, 07:05 PM
User 082322 is infamous around these parts
Yes, I'm also looking forward to Stage 2 for the VF-E kit. Delius, Nik and gang are keen on making sure they get a few cars under their collective belts before marketing any specific power claims.

Cars and dynos are fickle mistresses, and I appreciate a vendor that takes its time testing a few cars before making claims on one-off wonder cars. The future is so bright I gotta wear shades.

Darren

Old 08-20-2008, 04:57 PM
adam89911 is infamous around these parts
VF Supercharger Kit is Very Solid!

I recently bought an 05 Carrera S with the VF S/C Kit on it. The Kit was installed by the PO and it had 21 K miles on the car but I have not received the records from the Porsche dealership that serviced it so I don't know when the S/C Kit was installed. The car also came with a set of Headers and also High flow Cats. There were no mufflers on the car and it sounds a bit loud at first but has a nice ring to it when it gets going.

I dynoed the car today and it made a VERY SOLID (448 Hp) at the wheels. Which according to VF calculates to (546 Hp) at the crank.

I did notice that my air filter was not as clean as it should be so I figure that it may give me an extra 2-3 hp when clean.

I love the performance of the car! The linear power curve is awesome!

I did get a reading that the car was running a little lean? I wondered if the car had programing for stock exhaust and then the PO added an exhaust which causes it to run lean. I will have a call into GIAC tomorrow to try and find an answer. Unless Delius can answer it for me?

I will post the dynoed printout when someone offers to load it for me!!!

Great Kit and reliable results! I have had another S/C kit and this is by far the better of the two kits. Great Job VF!!!

Adam

Old 08-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Delius@VF-Engineering
Originally Posted by adam89911
I recently bought an 05 Carrera S with the VF S/C Kit on it. The Kit was installed by the PO and it had 21 K miles on the car but I have not received the records from the Porsche dealership that serviced it so I don't know when the S/C Kit was installed. The car also came with a set of Headers and also High flow Cats. There were no mufflers on the car and it sounds a bit loud at first but has a nice ring to it when it gets going.

I dynoed the car today and it made a VERY SOLID (448 Hp) at the wheels. Which according to VF calculates to (546 Hp) at the crank.

I did notice that my air filter was not as clean as it should be so I figure that it may give me an extra 2-3 hp when clean.

I love the performance of the car! The linear power curve is awesome!

I did get a reading that the car was running a little lean? I wondered if the car had programing for stock exhaust and then the PO added an exhaust which causes it to run lean. I will have a call into GIAC tomorrow to try and find an answer. Unless Delius can answer it for me?

I will post the dynoed printout when someone offers to load it for me!!!

Great Kit and reliable results! I have had another S/C kit and this is by far the better of the two kits. Great Job VF!!!

Adam
Adam,

Thank you for your kind words.

I would be happy to answer all your questions.

PM has been sent.

Best Regards,

Delius

Old 08-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Delius, where does VF stand on the vent return line to the intake... there seems to be oil that is getting blown in the intake tract. Does VF have a catch can solution for this or do they feel that this is a no issue? TIA

Old 08-29-2008, 09:01 AM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts
Delius, any status on the next stage .... how about updating the porsche section your web site ... also, sent you a PM three weeks ago never received an answer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VF-Engineering SC build