997 Vendor Classifieds
Sponsored by:

Vivid Racing ECU Flashes ON SPECIAL Save 20% - Read Here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:20 PM
wdgreene is a jewel in the roughwdgreene is a jewel in the roughwdgreene is a jewel in the roughwdgreene is a jewel in the rough
PM me I'm interested.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
PM coming...

Old 07-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Stockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really nice
So Dan hooked me (and everyone else) up with this ridiculous low price on the ST flash AND free cable offer. He also went extra mile to set it up so I could do the 90 days same as cash with Bill Me Later. He also made sure I got the necessary instructions and a tracking number ASAP. Bottom line, excellent customer service.

Ok, got my cable yesterday. Hooked up to car and... didn't work! Quick call to Softronic and they had someone call me back in about 10 minutes. It was just that they didn't activate the cable when shipped and had it done now. Did the read and about 20 minutes later, I had my files! Bottom line, EXCELLENT customer service!

Now, for the review... biggest differences are the was really pulls hard 5k+ and it does it all the way to 7,500! Only POSSIBLE issue I might have is that that I requested Sport Mode on, but when I start car... Sport Mode is not on! Anyone else request this feature and, if so, does your car start with Sport mode on?

At the same time, I put on a K&N series 63 CAI. I think combo is good, but verdict is out on CAI. At 5K+ it SCREAMS! In fact, I am thinking a pit too much. I might try going back to the stock box with Fabspeed CAI. Anyone out there try the Fabspeed. It so, you like it?

Old 07-18-2009, 12:27 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
If the K&N CAI is too loud for you, I would go back to the stock box with a BMI Filter that Fabspeed use. Most of the HP comes from the BMI Filter, IMO. I noticed that the car revs more easily from 5K+. The growl is slightly more noticeable at that range compared to stock, but not howling like a CAI.

Originally Posted by Stockton
At the same time, I put on a K&N series 63 CAI. I think combo is good, but verdict is out on CAI. At 5K+ it SCREAMS! In fact, I am thinking a pit too much. I might try going back to the stock box with Fabspeed CAI. Anyone out there try the Fabspeed. It so, you like it?

Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Stockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really niceStockton is just really nice
Yeah, that's what I am thinking, but eliminating the Helmholtz resonator and using a smooth silicone tube into the throttle body makes sense to me. I don't know if a silicone tube and a 2" cap is worth $225, though! I saw this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...Q5fAccessories
I bet it would work the same. Talk amongst yourselves...

Old 07-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Great review. I spoke to Softronic and he said he did activate Sport Mode. That is done via the ECU so the light will not come on like when you manually press the button.

As far as the intake goes, that intake really does make good power. I think the noise of the Fabspeed/BMC filter will be pretty close. You might want to hear someone elses first.

Thank you for the business!

Old 07-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Dan,

I think its 50% sound, 50% doesn't look factory. I figure a BMC+Fabspeed style CAI could tame some of the sound, look more factory, and be close on HP gains. What do you think? How close do you think that setup could be on HP?

Old 07-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Former Vendor
K&N is the highest HP producing intake on the market guaranteed and independently tested. Whatever you like is more important. Give it some more time

Old 07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
How close in HP would BMC + Fabspeed be you think?

Old 07-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor
I think you will see about a 8HP difference with the K&N from my previous tests with flat panel filters on the 996.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Former Vendor
I am out of town Wed till Sun so to take advantage of this, Paypal Dan@vividracing.com $796 and I will have it shipped. If you are outside the continental 48 states, add $50 for shipping.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor
This offer expires tomorrow so call and GET YOUR ORDER IN!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:14 PM
wdgreene is a jewel in the roughwdgreene is a jewel in the roughwdgreene is a jewel in the roughwdgreene is a jewel in the rough
I grabbed this deal and it's been totally worth it to me ... I know it's incremental small gains, but the fun factor is pretty high for this trivial amount of $. Dan is really responsive and so was Vivid while he was out.

Thanks Dan for hooking me up!

Old 07-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor
Last Day Call me! 4809663040 x222

Old 07-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Former Vendor
30 more minutes and this special is over. Contact me if interested...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing ECU Flashes ON SPECIAL Save 20% - Read Here