997 Vendor Classifieds
Sponsored by:

Vivid Racing Tuning Special for 997.1 and 997.2 Carrera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2011 | 03:20 PM
Gibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the rough
Hi there

I really want to do this, but I need 110% clarification on something.

My car is a 997.1 C2S 2006 model and I have fabspeed airbox mod, BMC Filter, X51 headers and PSE.

My car also has Porsche warranty as warranty is extremely important to myself just in case my cars IMS/Engine ever fails I like the fact my will be repaired by Porsche under warranty.

I've asked Porsche about remaps and they have strictly pointed out that if I remap my car my warranty will be void on the engine/powertrain so if the IMS/Engine did fail they WILL NOT cover it.

I've research/searched the forums and from what I can tell Porsche cannot detect softronic.

So I want you to assure me 110% that:-

1. Can Porsche detect if the ECU/DME has been flashed/changed by softronic if they decide to investigate the cars ECU/DME should an engine warranty claim ever be made?

Old 05-25-2011 | 03:26 PM
|
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
No, when you flash back your TRUE ORIGINAL file (not a stock map), it is your original with everything original.

We have several UK customers running with 996 and 997 flashes

Old 05-25-2011 | 03:43 PM
Gibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vividracing
No, when you flash back your TRUE ORIGINAL file (not a stock map), it is your original with everything original.

We have several UK customers running with 996 and 997 flashes

Right so as long as I flash back to MY TRUE ORIGINAL file then Porsche no matter how hard they look could ever know, is there not even a flash counter or register on the ECU, that records how many times is been flashed?

What about the vehicle analysis log will that show up anything, like a 01 instead of a 00 or will all remain at 00 if the TRUE ORIGINAL file is flashed back?

Sorry for such indepth questions but its really important Porsche can never detect this for me so that my warranty remains instact.

Old 05-25-2011 | 03:48 PM
|
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Correct.... If you flash back to your true original file, then nothing is changed or detectable since that is the true original file from the car that stores all the original information and nothing is changed.

Old 05-25-2011 | 03:52 PM
Correct.... If you flash back to your true original file, then nothing is changed or detectable since that is the true original file from the car that stores all the original information and nothing is changed.
OK so no counters to worry about. What about the vehicle analysis log that Porsche download from the car when they have it in at dealership? Will it show any register that logs a remap/flash to ECU as in something seperate or some kind of logging system thats not linked to the original file?

Also last thing promise, if engine dies and car can't be started can the car still have the true original file put back as in even on a broken car can you still flash the true original file back?

Sorry for all these questions, you must hate us UK guys, but blame our Porsche dealerships over here they are so tight, haha.

Old 05-25-2011 | 03:57 PM
|
Former Vendor
To load a stock or tuned file you need to have: your computer, internet, your cable. It only has to be in the ON position but not started. The car being "broke" has nothing to do with the ECU read and write.

Old 05-25-2011 | 03:58 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
When the rev limiter is raised 500rpm, I assume this means the DME will be recording significant amounts of overrevs for range 1 & 2 at the new limit or does the software eliminate this somehow?

Old 05-25-2011 | 03:59 PM
|
Former Vendor
Raising the rev limiter is done by default unless requested not to. However when you flash back to your TRUE ORIGINAL file, there is no overrevs recorded because that is your original file.

Old 05-25-2011 | 04:16 PM
h3nphlo is infamous around these parts
Is it possible to inactivate the fasten seatbelt sign via Softronic ecu?

Old 05-25-2011 | 04:17 PM
Raising the rev limiter is done by default unless requested not to. However when you flash back to your TRUE ORIGINAL file, there is no overrevs recorded because that is your original file.

Ah think I understand now, so when you backup the cars true original file its also taking all the overrevs recorded info as well? If so what about the operating hours?

I mention operating hours simply because if I say do 10,000 miles on the softronic map, then restore my original file does it go as far as restoring the operating hours from the true original file as well which would result in the DME's operating hours being substancially out compared to the cars odometer mileage?

Are you sure there is no checksum being changed and recording the remap that Porsche can see?

Old 05-25-2011 | 04:20 PM
|
Former Vendor
Wear your seat belt!

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2011 | 04:22 PM
|
Former Vendor
Gibbo - I understand your concerns. All of the information I have provided will sound the same. If you put miles on your cars, operating hours, etc, none of this is reset.

Old 05-25-2011 | 04:30 PM
Gibbo - I understand your concerns. All of the information I have provided will sound the same. If you put miles on your cars, operating hours, etc, none of this is reset.

I ask because when Porsche scan the DME for overrevs it shows operating hours along with the ignitions.

Your saying overrevs will not be recorded if you put back your original file as its your original file, which makes sense.

But the operating hours does concern me, is the operating hours something your flashes change/alter?

I ask because I thought the overrevs, ignitions and operating hours were all tied together, as such if by putting the original file back you go back to your original overevs/ignitions does it also mean your operating hours also go back to what they were at point where the software took the backup?

If its a no then all is good.

If its a yes then surely any dealer will put two and two together and see that the cars operating hours do not match the odometer readout?

So say if I flash my car now at 30,000 miles with softronic flash, so my Porsche original file will be made at 30,000 miles and is my true original file. If say at 40,000 miles I take my car to the dealership for some service/warranty work therefor I shall flash my car back to its TRUE ORIGINAL FILE will the operating hours also go back in time resulting in the odometer and DME not matching up?

Old 05-25-2011 | 04:31 PM
|
Former Vendor
Nothing like that will mismatch. Your over analyzing.

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2011 | 04:38 PM
Nothing like that will mismatch. Your over analyzing. There has never been one warranty issue with Softronic
I have to sorry because if I ever claim under warranty Porsche in the UK will look for a way out of it.

You know here in the UK we can't even fit none N-spec tyres without voiding our warranties which really sucks as I so want to try the Michelin Super Sports, really sucks.

So lastly are you sure there is no checksum being changed and recording the remap that Porsche can see?

Now as I am in UK can I just order online? If I order one at special price can I keep it aside and say do the flash in a month or so or does it expire if not used within a certain timeframe from ordering?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing Tuning Special for 997.1 and 997.2 Carrera