Sponsored by:

Vivid Racing Tuning Special for 997.1 and 997.2 Carrera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2011 | 04:38 PM
h3nphlo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
Wear your seat belt!
That was not the answer I was looking for....
I just think its a really annoying sound when I´m reparking my car.

Old 05-25-2011 | 04:40 PM
|
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
No Checksums are changed with the original file.

Yes you can order online at the price, get your cable, and flash whenever is convenient.

Old 05-25-2011 | 04:48 PM
Gibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vividracing
No Checksums are changed with the original file.

Yes you can order online at the price, get your cable, and flash whenever is convenient.

Thank you for all your help, when does the discount offer expire?

Old 05-25-2011 | 04:52 PM
|
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
End of the month.

Old 05-25-2011 | 05:09 PM
lonewolfdj has a spectacular aura aboutlonewolfdj has a spectacular aura about
FYI, the price in the cart for http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...965bchgjqhi851 is $100 more when added to the cart than the price shown. Is that b/c of currency conversion or something or is it a bug?

Old 05-25-2011 | 05:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello,

The Hours are incremented in a separate chip and not the 29F800 for the 7.8 DME or 29F400 that is in the 7.2 DME. The original file restores these chips back to 100% of the factory file. This is like cloning a computer as the binary is the same as the original and the hardware is the same in this case since it is the produced DME.

The hours should always increase with mileage and other control units depending on the year and Softronic does not alter these. Basically everything matches as it should.

The Over Rev's are also in a different area and not in the 29F800 or 29F400.

There is apparently much false information again popping up as to how these items are logged and or programmed.

Just keep in mind that ALL tuned files are detectable and can void the warranty yet not in general with a VAL (Vehicle Analysis Log) to the Dealer. They could check the CVN to a known correct one yet it was taken out with version 18 in the PIWIS a couple years ago.

So A tuned File is detectable as altered yet an Original restored file is only detectable as being correct. Lets say you look at it as a red for stop and green for go then tuned file is a red while the original is a green for go .

I'm currently off to a Porsche race to check about 200 cars for this exact issue. Do they have an altered Tune or not.... They are pulled in at random so that I can look at the coding. I check them on an absolute as I will pull the binary and look at it to make sure that they are in fact a green and not a red.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 05-25-2011 | 05:12 PM
|
Former Vendor
scroll to the bottom of the description and under the video. It adds $100 for the FLASH cable that works with Durametric.

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-25-2011 | 05:26 PM
Gibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,

The Hours are incremented in a separate chip and not the 29F800 for the 7.8 DME or 29F400 that is in the 7.2 DME. The original file restores these chips back to 100% of the factory file. This is like cloning a computer as the binary is the same as the original and the hardware is the same in this case since it is the produced DME.

The hours should always increase with mileage and other control units depending on the year and Softronic does not alter these. Basically everything matches as it should.

The Over Rev's are also in a different area and not in the 29F800 or 29F400.

There is apparently much false information again popping up as to how these items are logged and or programmed.

Just keep in mind that ALL tuned files are detectable and can void the warranty yet not in general with a VAL (Vehicle Analysis Log) to the Dealer. They could check the CVN to a known correct one yet it was taken out with version 18 in the PIWIS a couple years ago.

So A tuned File is detectable as altered yet an Original restored file is only detectable as being correct. Lets say you look at it as a red for stop and green for go then tuned file is a red while the original is a green for go .

I'm currently off to a Porsche race to check about 200 cars for this exact issue. Do they have an altered Tune or not.... They are pulled in at random so that I can look at the coding. I check them on an absolute as I will pull the binary and look at it to make sure that they are in fact a green and not a red.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Scott you are the man.

So in short the operating hours and mileage on the odometer will always match, irrelevent of what maps are run, restored, flashed etc.

Porsche can detect a tuned file and at which point they would void warranty.

If the TRUE ORIGINAL FILE is loaded back to the car before Porsche see the car then no matter what system they use all they see is the original file and no evidence of their ever been anything else or a remap and as such any warranty claims would be approved, is that right?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-25-2011 | 08:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Scott you are the man.

So in short the operating hours and mileage on the odometer will always match, irrelevent of what maps are run, restored, flashed etc.

Porsche can detect a tuned file and at which point they would void warranty.

If the TRUE ORIGINAL FILE is loaded back to the car before Porsche see the car then no matter what system they use all they see is the original file and no evidence of their ever been anything else or a remap and as such any warranty claims would be approved, is that right?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

The point would be if I or any other individual checking if the DME had been flashed would not find it to be so.

Warranty claims can be denied for many other reasons such as : Altered suspension, body changes , Intake or exhaust to the engine, racing or cut down tires on the car or basically any other mod to the car that would alter its characteristics from what the manufacturer sold it as.

Claims have been denied for:
1:Having magnetic numbers in the car in which implied you track the car.
2: Changing suspension in which causes undo strain on all other parts of such.
3: Changing the Intake or exhaust in which may be considered as adding incorrect changes to the performance of the car without manufactures testing.
4: Race tires in either cut down street or slicks.
5: Flashing the car with a tuned file.
6: Flashing the TIP or any other control unit other than number 5.
7: Changing the original engine size (3.6 to a 3.8)
8: Swapping or altering transmissions.
9: Some claims are denied simply because the failure matches to others that had abused the car so there for you must have....

Basically altering or changing the body, suspension or drive train from the produced warrantied car as stated can void the warranty.

Many may say this is not true or my Dealer says I can change this etc. Perhaps certain laws protect us.... Well I can offer facts that Porsche has the final word on all warranty claims and I have seen all of these used for denial many, many, many times.

If the DME was flashed as a given from the factory it shows a 1 for programming. Now lets say it was tuned by any person it may and may not show a 2 on this. The next point is that then it was flashed by a Dealer and it would naturally increment to a 2 by the design of the system. What shows is 100% all true and correct at this time so while it may have had a tune it, it is all good to the Dealer now. The original file is the same as this in that it when flashed to the car it is as true and correct.

Best Regards,
Scott

Old 05-26-2011 | 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,

The point would be if I or any other individual checking if the DME had been flashed would not find it to be so.

Warranty claims can be denied for many other reasons such as : Altered suspension, body changes , Intake or exhaust to the engine, racing or cut down tires on the car or basically any other mod to the car that would alter its characteristics from what the manufacturer sold it as.

Claims have been denied for:
1:Having magnetic numbers in the car in which implied you track the car.
2: Changing suspension in which causes undo strain on all other parts of such.
3: Changing the Intake or exhaust in which may be considered as adding incorrect changes to the performance of the car without manufactures testing.
4: Race tires in either cut down street or slicks.
5: Flashing the car with a tuned file.
6: Flashing the TIP or any other control unit other than number 5.
7: Changing the original engine size (3.6 to a 3.8)
8: Swapping or altering transmissions.
9: Some claims are denied simply because the failure matches to others that had abused the car so there for you must have....

Basically altering or changing the body, suspension or drive train from the produced warrantied car as stated can void the warranty.

Many may say this is not true or my Dealer says I can change this etc. Perhaps certain laws protect us.... Well I can offer facts that Porsche has the final word on all warranty claims and I have seen all of these used for denial many, many, many times.

If the DME was flashed as a given from the factory it shows a 1 for programming. Now lets say it was tuned by any person it may and may not show a 2 on this. The next point is that then it was flashed by a Dealer and it would naturally increment to a 2 by the design of the system. What shows is 100% all true and correct at this time so while it may have had a tune it, it is all good to the Dealer now. The original file is the same as this in that it when flashed to the car it is as true and correct.

Best Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott

So what you are saying is that as long as the TRUE ORIGINAL file is restored that not even yourself could detect if the DME had been flashed let alone Porsche?

Regards
Gibbo205

Old 05-26-2011 | 06:26 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Hi Scott

So what you are saying is that as long as the TRUE ORIGINAL file is restored that not even yourself could detect if the DME had been flashed let alone Porsche?

Regards
Gibbo205
That is correct.

Old 05-26-2011 | 06:29 AM
Hi Scott

I've got a friend internal at Porsche who has told me to direct this question to you, I shall type out exactly what it says:-

9X7 Engine Over Rev - Additional Information - 25.10.10

When carrying out the 111 point check for a used car Warranty, we have been advised by Porsche AG of a particular section under DME which can denote if the vehicle DME has had the mapping tampered with. The section is the last in DME which is info 1 and info 2.

The following is an example of an untampered DME:-

Info 1 rueckrificktion3 00000000000000000000000000000000000
rueckrificktion4 00000000000000000000000000000000000
Info 2 Flag byte 0

Below is an example of a DME which has been tampered with, note the additional numbers in place of the zero's.

Info 1 rueckrificktion3 00000000000000854543489348384398332
rueckrificktion4 00000000000000443284343289453284092

Info 2 Flag byte 0

Any vehicle with the numbers tampered with as in the above picture would not be allowed a Pre-Owned Warranty on the vehicle.

This information can also be found under Technical Support/2 - Petrol, Engine Electrics against the relevent model.

Should you have any concerns with the above information please do not hesitate to contact a member of the technical department.

Scott what are your thoughts on the above, is the softronic still undectable as long as the original file is restored, even if Porsche use the above method for checking? My guess is you will say yes as Porsche say "if the vehicle DME has had the mapping tampered with" and my guess is with the original file restored there shall be no signs of tampering but I would like to have your re-assurance and thoughts on this please.

Old 05-26-2011 | 04:07 PM
drvik is a jewel in the roughdrvik is a jewel in the roughdrvik is a jewel in the rough
I've asked my Porsche dealer about this also and he clearly stated that all flashes can be seen... I understand that if the exact binary is restored then that covers up the flash but other forum threads talk about a counter that is incremented outside of the 29F800 chip that will not be rewritten when you flash back to the stock programme.

Could Softtronic please explain how they get around the "flash counter" issue? In another thread somewhere on here, Softronic suggested that additional steps, such as having a second ECU which is cloned was required in place of the tuned unit when going back to the dealer for a REAL undetectable flash...

Softronic, if you can present good technical reasons, and "proof" that a flashed ECU cannot be detected by Porsche using their PIWIS system then I think you would get more business.... I for one am waiting for this before pulling the trigger!!!

Cheers,

drvik

PS: Can't get the links to the other threads now, I'm running late for work!

Old 05-28-2011 | 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by drvik
I've asked my Porsche dealer about this also and he clearly stated that all flashes can be seen... I understand that if the exact binary is restored then that covers up the flash but other forum threads talk about a counter that is incremented outside of the 29F800 chip that will not be rewritten when you flash back to the stock programme.

Could Softtronic please explain how they get around the "flash counter" issue? In another thread somewhere on here, Softronic suggested that additional steps, such as having a second ECU which is cloned was required in place of the tuned unit when going back to the dealer for a REAL undetectable flash...

Softronic, if you can present good technical reasons, and "proof" that a flashed ECU cannot be detected by Porsche using their PIWIS system then I think you would get more business.... I for one am waiting for this before pulling the trigger!!!

Cheers,

drvik

PS: Can't get the links to the other threads now, I'm running late for work!

Pretty much what I need, but the post I made above is what the Porsche techs actually check for evidence of past remaps and as such would appreciates Scotts input on my post as that is what Porsche Techs in the UK are actually checking for to make sure the binary is all 0000000000's etc. So would like to hear Scotts input on that.

Old 05-31-2011 | 11:56 AM
|
Former Vendor
Last Day for the SPECIAL PRICE!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing Tuning Special for 997.1 and 997.2 Carrera