997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

REVO Software Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:32 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
Do you agree with me that 996tt can walk a 996gt3?
No, I don't agree that a stock K16 996TT can walk a stock 996 GT3. I have also beast stock 996 TT's when my car was stock. 996TT's are geared differently, redline is a lot lower, only have 15 hp more and weigh at least 500lbs more.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by George@Revo
FVD is certainly established as a manufacturer and importer of hard parts and mechanical components; however, they’re a relative newcomer in the performance software market. I'm certainly not taking anything away from them or their product but if the inference is they are more 'established' as a tuning provider, I would ask on what basis?
Because there have been lots of FVD tuned vehicles that have come across this board. FVD has a great reputation here with Porsche modifications. On the other hand, I've only seen two Revo tuned cars. The one in this thread and Tom Kerr's yellow 996 TT.

You don't really have a reputation here yet. I'm not saying you have a bad product, but it's certainly not "proven" on this board. Your company is a relative newb to the Porsche tuning game. Why not comp an established member with a stock car to test it somewhere that doesn't sell Revo software? If it performs you'll sell a ton of software upgrades. This is one of the largest water cooled porsche forums out there at this point. What better advertising than to take someone's car here and have the flash pick up some real HP without kicking a CEL? You can't buy advertising like that. I'm sure there would be hundreds of people here with stock 996/997's who would donate their car to try it out.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:46 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
No, I don't agree that a stock K16 996TT can walk a stock 996 GT3. I have also beast stock 996 TT's when my car was stock. 996TT's are geared differently, redline is a lot lower, only have 15 hp more and weigh at least 500lbs more.

I'll run you

Old 10-10-2007, 08:56 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Here's an old video I found showing 3 races between the 996TT and GT3:
Link

Its probably best to download and play. Thanks to coochas for keeping it on his site.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:59 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Dog,
Revo is kinda already offering what you say. it would just require some effort. One would go get a dyno, than go get the free 5 hour trial flash, than drive back to the dyno and get retested. I would almost want to do it myself, but their nearest dealer is over an hour and a half away. Than I would have to find a dyno in that area. Anyone in central or north Jersey up for it? Better yet don't tell the dyno guys of the change and don't tell the Revo guys you are going to dyno.

Last edited by neil.schneider; 10-10-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Dog,
Revo is kinda already offering what you say. it would just require some effort. One would go get a dyno, than go get the free 5 hour trial flash, than drive back to the dyno and get retested. I would almost want to do it myself, but their nearest dealer is over an hour and a half away. Than I would have to find a dyno in that area. Anyone in central or north Jersey up for it? Better yet don't tell the dyno guys of the change and don't tell the Revo guys you are going to dyno.
There you go. Finding dyno shops is easy. Just go to dynojet's website. The trick is to do this on a bone stock car and have the dyno done somewhere else besides the flash installer. Ideally since the hp is so minimal, you want to use one of the dyno's that measures at the wheel hubs to take out any variables with regards to tire pressure and tie down strap tension. A dynojet or mustang would be good enough though if you can't find a hub dyno. The big trick would be getting this all done in 5 hours so you don't get stuck with the flash if it doesn't work out

Old 10-10-2007, 10:04 AM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
I am 99% sure, it is not 5 straight hours of time, but 5 hours of driving time.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Here's an old video I found showing 3 races between the 996TT and GT3:
Link

Its probably best to download and play. Thanks to coochas for keeping it on his site.

lol. Great driving from the GT3 guy. Was he shifting at 5k?
The turbo had exhaust as well.
Here is a race between me and my car vs a 520hp Gallardo (Which would smoke a k16 TT). This dude knows how to drive his car as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT9x-A40wJQ

Old 10-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by dndodd
I am 99% sure, it is not 5 straight hours of time, but 5 hours of driving time.
I was kidding. You'd have plenty of time. If I understand if right, you get the flash for five hours for free anyway.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Here is a race between me and my car vs a 520hp Gallardo (Which would smoke a k16 TT). This dude knows how to drive his car as well.
Who knew Gallardos were that slow?

Old 10-10-2007, 12:15 PM
frafoss is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by johnsosn
Currently the price for the sps in the U.K is more than £1100(with tax) which equates to at least $2200 dollars.
I will not pay this.
I would, however buy the software at the U.S price today.
I feel put off purchasing the product in my country simply because I feel I'm being ripped off.
In the end Revo and myself both miss out.If we could download this ourselves, this could be different.
Regards
Simon
+1, the $2000 price for my 997 in Norway, was acutally a special price. Standard prices are from $2000 - $6500 and thats to expensive.

No matter how you turn things, the currency can't explain the differences in price. It's quite strange actually, because this is similar to a computer game. The development is very expensive, but when the job is done, each copy costs close to nothing. In this, case where the job is done, I can't understand why REVO turns their back to a huge number of customers when they operate like this. Understand that prices can are not the same, because of taxes, wages etc. but not this difference.

I can't no matter how much I try convince my self, justify (no matter how good it is) paying $2000 when the average Joe can get the same for less than half.

As one Deputydog95 said, this is maybe the biggest Porsche forum available, where 90% looks each week to find a way improving their cars. Why not offer members of this forum for a very short limited time, access to their products for special price. If the product is as good as it says, it would be the best and cheapest way to advertise (This is not ment peticular to REVO, all companies). The companies would had to hire more people to handle all the inquires I can't belive that in 2007 companies can't understand this buying power, people are sitting at this forum waiting for some new products to spend their money on. For example, RSS offered thes members a nice price for the Plenum, by the week he had received orders for almost 30K, doing close to nothing.

Anyway, with US prices I would jump on straight away, since I can't get that, I most probably will go the FVD way. Not a bad substitute anyway.

Sombody out there who has done the FVD flash? Feedback please!

Last edited by frafoss; 10-10-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:01 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
I ran a gallardo with my c5Z06 and took it, and the c5 Z06's arent that much faster then 996tt's. So considering that your GT3 was modded when you raced the gallardo that race looked about right. I also recently ran my friends M6 and the amount he took me by was just about this much
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mKCDlQJBZ...related&search=

Old 10-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
I ran a gallardo with my c5Z06 and took it, and the c5 Z06's arent that much faster then 996tt's. So considering that your GT3 was modded when you raced the gallardo that race looked about right. I also recently ran my friends M6 and the amount he took me by was just about this much
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mKCDlQJBZ...elated&search=
We can go back and forth untill the cows come home. We rented out a drag strip on 11/3, you are more than welcome to come run your car. Ill let you know next time I will be in SoCal with mine and we can go play. I beat 2 different C5Z06's (stock) when my car was stock as well as a couple of TT's.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:07 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
There you go. Finding dyno shops is easy. Just go to dynojet's website. The trick is to do this on a bone stock car and have the dyno done somewhere else besides the flash installer. Ideally since the hp is so minimal, you want to use one of the dyno's that measures at the wheel hubs to take out any variables with regards to tire pressure and tie down strap tension. A dynojet or mustang would be good enough though if you can't find a hub dyno. The big trick would be getting this all done in 5 hours so you don't get stuck with the flash if it doesn't work out
Dog, I have a bone stock 997S except for Fabspeed mufflers. We should work this Revo/dyno comparo out here in Tampa with my car.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by mdrums
Dog, I have a bone stock 997S except for Fabspeed mufflers. We should work this Revo/dyno comparo out here in Tampa with my car.
Okay, let's do it. You can get your flash at Reeves or over at Vortex motorsports. I would suggest Vortex to support Viper Bob. He took over Bob White motorsports.

The next thing you need to decide is where to dyno it. I've used three different locations in the Tampa area. We'll obviously need to do before and afters. Preferably almost back to back to get similar weather conditions. If you want fast, I have a place in Drew part that will hook it up and have your runs done in about 40 mins. It will cost around $50 for two runs. The place in Largo is more expensive, takes longer, but uses the dyno that hooks directly up to your wheel hubs. I find it to be more of a precision instrument.

However, for the sake of simplicity and geography, I would suggest Vortex for the flash and Zfever(dynojet) for the dyno. They are within 5 mins of each other and the whole process could be done within two hours.

Then afterwards we can race and I can show you how useless flashes are for NA cars

PM if you want to hook it up. I can call Bob and Zfever and get the whole thing setup.

There is another dynojet shop in Drew park that I've used, but I'm not as much of fan of their facility.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: REVO Software Review