997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

REVO Software Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:23 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
We can go back and forth untill the cows come home. We rented out a drag strip on 11/3, you are more than welcome to come run your car. Ill let you know next time I will be in SoCal with mine and we can go play. I beat 2 different C5Z06's (stock) when my car was stock as well as a couple of TT's.
What have you done to your car? Have you dynoed before and after?

Old 10-10-2007, 06:28 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Okay, let's do it. You can get your flash at Reeves or over at Vortex motorsports. I would suggest Vortex to support Viper Bob. He took over Bob White motorsports.

The next thing you need to decide is where to dyno it. I've used three different locations in the Tampa area. We'll obviously need to do before and afters. Preferably almost back to back to get similar weather conditions. If you want fast, I have a place in Drew part that will hook it up and have your runs done in about 40 mins. It will cost around $50 for two runs. The place in Largo is more expensive, takes longer, but uses the dyno that hooks directly up to your wheel hubs. I find it to be more of a precision instrument.

However, for the sake of simplicity and geography, I would suggest Vortex for the flash and Zfever(dynojet) for the dyno. They are within 5 mins of each other and the whole process could be done within two hours.

Then afterwards we can race and I can show you how useless flashes are for NA cars

PM if you want to hook it up. I can call Bob and Zfever and get the whole thing setup.

There is another dynojet shop in Drew park that I've used, but I'm not as much of fan of their facility.
Looking forward to the results to see if you are indeed right about flashes being useless for NA cars. So are you implying that adding headers, high flow cats, and mufflers does not warrant any change to the software? That the stock software will automatically adjust to the increased flow and thus provide optimal fuel, timing, etc to make the most of the mods?

Old 10-10-2007, 06:28 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
Here you go:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...light=372+rwhp

Old 10-10-2007, 06:30 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
I too have a difficult time believing a 996 GT3 would "walk" a 997 c2s. Next time we have a gtg here in Seattle I will run against another member's stock GT3. At that time I will have my headers, cats, and mufflers installed, so it should def answer some questions...

Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M32911S
I too have a difficult time believing a 996 GT3 would "walk" a 997 c2s. Next time we have a gtg here in Seattle I will run against another member's stock GT3. At that time I will have my headers, cats, and mufflers installed, so it should def answer some questions...
So I am lying now?

Old 10-10-2007, 07:41 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
lol. Great driving from the GT3 guy. Was he shifting at 5k?
The turbo had exhaust as well.
Here is a race between me and my car vs a 520hp Gallardo (Which would smoke a k16 TT). This dude knows how to drive his car as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT9x-A40wJQ
^^^ Damn impressive! No wonder they say the 996GT3 is a better buy than the 997GT3! It was wayyy underrated in power.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:49 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
The comparisons show that the 997GT3's 1st and 2nd gears are taller than the 997S. For this reason alone, there have been similar times from a dig to 60 (which is a pointless measurement). One thing that has been consistent though is that the GT3 has been definitely faster to 100 and in the 1/4.

The way I look at it is that I'm happy that my wet sump M97 cheapo block engine is not too far behind the 50K GT1 block race engine. Its hell of a lot cheaper to replace, not to mention supercharge and tune!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 08:16 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Looking forward to the results to see if you are indeed right about flashes being useless for NA cars. So are you implying that adding headers, high flow cats, and mufflers does not warrant any change to the software? That the stock software will automatically adjust to the increased flow and thus provide optimal fuel, timing, etc to make the most of the mods?

Pretty much. The software can't hurt, but don't expect miracles out of it. The motronic ECU is very smart and will adapt to most of these minor mods. Again, you're pretty much just changing airflow here with the exhaust/intake mods. And not tons of it. When you start changing injectors, etc... then software is a must as in the case of the superchargers. Personally I would do headers and the plenum as must haves. They're dyno proven. I don't think I have seen a single forum member every dyno their NA car before and after a flash. All you hear about are "butt dynos". I'm not saying not to flash your car if it's NA. Mods are fun. Just be realistic. Do you really think you can feel 10hp on a 350hp car? Probably not. The 0-60 and quarter mile changes would be negligible. I would love to setup two cars (one flashed and one stock) and do a Pepsi challenge

Old 10-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Pretty much. The software can't hurt, but don't expect miracles out of it. ---. Just be realistic. Do you really think you can feel 10hp on a 350hp car? Probably not.
I would say this is absolutely true and this same conflict exists on the Ferrari sites.

I believe the most noticeable improvement of ECU software is a more even burn of the specific octane fuel in an area. There must be other benefits but how does one really know? AND is the investment really worth it?

I also doubt one would feel 10 additional HP on a 300 or 400 HP engine.

Do headers and good exhaust for best gains.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:18 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Yes I support Bob at Vortex too. Where is Drew? Is that a part of Tampa? I am not thinking the flash will do much of anything but I am game to make some people believers or not...me included. Lets do this...could be fun!
Mike

Okay, let's do it. You can get your flash at Reeves or over at Vortex motorsports. I would suggest Vortex to support Viper Bob. He took over Bob White motorsports.

The next thing you need to decide is where to dyno it. I've used three different locations in the Tampa area. We'll obviously need to do before and afters. Preferably almost back to back to get similar weather conditions. If you want fast, I have a place in Drew part that will hook it up and have your runs done in about 40 mins. It will cost around $50 for two runs. The place in Largo is more expensive, takes longer, but uses the dyno that hooks directly up to your wheel hubs. I find it to be more of a precision instrument.

However, for the sake of simplicity and geography, I would suggest Vortex for the flash and Zfever(dynojet) for the dyno. They are within 5 mins of each other and the whole process could be done within two hours.

Then afterwards we can race and I can show you how useless flashes are for NA cars

PM if you want to hook it up. I can call Bob and Zfever and get the whole thing setup.

There is another dynojet shop in Drew park that I've used, but I'm not as much of fan of their facility.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Sweet.. Im sure your car would be noticeably faster then an average stock gt3.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Make sure to get some vids

Old 10-11-2007, 08:23 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
Yes I support Bob at Vortex too. Where is Drew? Is that a part of Tampa? I am not thinking the flash will do much of anything but I am game to make some people believers or not...me included. Lets do this...could be fun!
Mike
Drew Park is the area around Lois and Hillsborough where all the peep shows are.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:10 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Can't wait to see these results...

Old 10-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Banned
George@Revo is infamous around these parts

Who are Vortex Motorsports? Who ever they are, they are NOT a Revo Technik dealer at any level. Reeves is the only dealer in the Tampa area.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: REVO Software Review