997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

REVO Software Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:58 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by George@Revo
Who are Vortex Motorsports? Who ever they are, they are NOT a Revo Technik dealer at any level. Reeves is the only dealer in the Tampa area.

Bob Brooks (viperbob) is not a Revo dealer? He owns Vortex MS and sells and promotes your products.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:48 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Who are Vortex Motorsports? Who ever they are, they are NOT a Revo Technik dealer at any level. Reeves is the only dealer in the Tampa area.
What Luis said. We both know him.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:44 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M32911S
I too have a difficult time believing a 996 GT3 would "walk" a 997 c2s. Next time we have a gtg here in Seattle I will run against another member's stock GT3. At that time I will have my headers, cats, and mufflers installed, so it should def answer some questions...

You could also go to a 1/4 mile track and run a faster time than a 12.4 at 115mph. That is what my car did when it was stock.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:49 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
All this debate over HP, quarter mile times, performance gain levels, etc. To what end? People here pay many thousands of dollars to change from one 19" wheel to another, or to bolt on aesthetic parts and pieces. If you don't want to try new software for $800 (what I paid), then don't. Or, if you want to experiment for yourself, take the free trial offer and use the software for 5 running hours. Drive it yourself on or off track (typical 1 day DE is 2 hours on the track), go to a dyno if you want before and after. But let's let this poor thread die already

Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Banned
George@Revo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Bob Brooks (viperbob) is not a Revo dealer? He owns Vortex MS and sells and promotes your products.
I know of Bob Brooks but didn't know he was associated with Vortex MS. In any case I don't know how nor why they would be purporting themselves as a Revo Technik dealer.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:26 AM
I know of Bob Brooks but didn't know he was associated with Vortex MS. In any case I don't know how nor why they would be purporting themselves as a Revo Technik dealer.
How is he able to sell/distribute your products then?

Old 10-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Banned
How is he able to sell/distribute your products then?
That depends on how you are defining 'able'. The only possible explanation is he is taking his customer's cars to Reeves.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:06 PM
That depends on how you are defining 'able'. The only possible explanation is he is taking his customer's cars to Reeves.

I stand corrected. I talked with Bob and he is no longer selling Revo stuff. Reeves is the only Tampa shop that does Revo.
Bob sells Evoms and Protomotive software for 997's at Vortex.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:30 PM
4thPorsche is infamous around these parts
I stand corrected. I talked with Bob and he is no longer selling Revo stuff. Reeves is the only Tampa shop that does Revo.
Did he say why he dropped REVO or offer any comparisons? Just curious...

Old 10-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Banned
'No longer selling' would imply that they were at one point selling. Why he would state it in those terms I couldn't say but for the record, Vortex was never a Revo Technik dealer. With that settled, lest we digress, back on topic....

Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
George, Bob Brooks and a few partners bought Dave White Racing on Hillsboro Ave in Tampa and are now calling it Vortex Motorsports. Was Dave White Racing a Revo dealer? Bob retained all the same mechanics and has added a few good guys plus has really upgraded some machines there plus the lobby. If they are not a dealer they should be because this a great place with great people.
Mike Carter

Old 10-13-2007, 08:27 PM
carmos is infamous around these parts
got Sps Select Porsche for revo thursday

hi all i just got Sps Select Porsche to monitor and change the revo settings.so far its a cool toy.but for 350.00 dollars...the highest setting i can get without major pull back aka setting off the knock sensor are are ,stock setting or a setting of 8 boost\egas 0 timing 9 fuel 6 or 6 boost\egas 1 timing 9 fuel...with the last one where i start to ad timing,i begin to get pull ball \ knock sensors in low rpms at 780 rpm and 1200 rpm,nowhere else in the range.i am doing 1st and 2nd gear pulls to redline and 3 to about 6000 rpm.i get a 6.8 at 780rpm and a 7.5% at 1200 rpm but nowhere else...so i guess thats ok ,if any knows for sure please let me know.once i change to 8boost \2 timing\9fuel.the it gets bad.between 5200 rpm and 5800 rpm i get 7.5 to 8.3% .thats wright in my powerband not to good.if anyone understands this stuff ,please give me any info.they say at revo site ,that it should never pass 6% on a non turbo car.so i will keep trying diifernt setting to see which is best.the temp here have been between 75 and 85 degrees so not to hot. the software is easy to use and switching setting could not be easier.so that my report guys .

Old 10-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by carmos
hi all i just got Sps Select Porsche to monitor and change the revo settings.so far its a cool toy.but for 350.00 dollars...the highest setting i can get without major pull back aka setting off the knock sensor are are ,stock setting or a setting of 8 boost\egas 0 timing 9 fuel 6 or 6 boost\egas 1 timing 9 fuel...with the last one where i start to ad timing,i begin to get pull ball \ knock sensors in low rpms at 780 rpm and 1200 rpm,nowhere else in the range.i am doing 1st and 2nd gear pulls to redline and 3 to about 6000 rpm.i get a 6.8 at 780rpm and a 7.5% at 1200 rpm but nowhere else...so i guess thats ok ,if any knows for sure please let me know.once i change to 8boost \2 timing\9fuel.the it gets bad.between 5200 rpm and 5800 rpm i get 7.5 to 8.3% .thats wright in my powerband not to good.if anyone understands this stuff ,please give me any info.they say at revo site ,that it should never pass 6% on a non turbo car.so i will keep trying diifernt setting to see which is best.the temp here have been between 75 and 85 degrees so not to hot. the software is easy to use and switching setting could not be easier.so that my report guys .
Hi Carmos. I'd be more than happy to assist you here. Firstly, what kind of car are you driving? I'm assuming you are using 91 Octane? Lets begin there and then I'll walk you through making adjustments and using the Select-Plus data acquisition feature to monitor and evaluate your adjustments.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by deputydog95
I thought the X51 had different heads, ECU, and PSE for $17K?
X51 includes an aluminum manifold, ported heads, larger bore exhaust manifold with sports exhaust, carbon fiber airbox with dual intake ducts and a revised ECU.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:52 AM
carmos is infamous around these parts
Hi Carmos. I'd be more than happy to assist you here. Firstly, what kind of car are you driving? I'm assuming you are using 91 Octane? Lets begin there and then I'll walk you through making adjustments and using the Select-Plus data acquisition feature to monitor and evaluate your adjustments.

hi george, i have a 2006 997 non s 3.6.it has headers ,agency muflers and drop in k&n filter.its a manual 6speed.yes i am using 91 octane.thanks for the reply.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: REVO Software Review