997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

REVO Software Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 06:50 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
george:

anyone in the dallas area do the trial for the ECU upgrade would love to try it out before I bought it.

thanks

Old 10-14-2007, 08:11 PM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by globalm3
george:

anyone in the dallas area do the trial for the ECU upgrade would love to try it out before I bought it.

thanks
Interesting you have bought and sold two TT's but keep your S. I am curious.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Banned
George@Revo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by carmos
hi george, i have a 2006 997 non s 3.6.it has headers ,agency muflers and drop in k&n filter.its a manual 6speed.yes i am using 91 octane.thanks for the reply.

Ok. Keep in mind that these fields display the amount of timing in degrees that is being taken out in each cylinder. In most cases, the numbers will not be consistent. So if you say you are seeing 6.8 – 7.5, that is actual degrees of timing. Now, the reason you’re seeing higher numbers at low RPM is because there is more advance for better response and acceleration. As RPM increases, total advance decreases and you’ll see less timing being taken out. Now the high numbers you are seeing between 5200 – 5800 aren’t horrible. We do recommend 6.0 as a threshold overall but that figure is geared more towards the turbo models. Without actually seeing your logs, I really can’t comment. Feel free to send them to me and I can review them with you. In any case, you can reduce those numbers by richening the fuel by setting it to ‘8’. The biggest factor you have to consider is fuel quality. Being relegated to 91 octane will limit what settings you’ll ultimately be able to use but, that is the point. The adjustability in the software combined with the data acquisition feature will ensure what ever settings you use, will be optimal.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Banned
George@Revo is infamous around these parts
george:

thanks

Yes. Istook's Motorsport Services in Ft Worth. 2729 Tillar St. 817-332-6547. Ask to speak to Don.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:43 AM
carmos is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by George@Revo
Ok. Keep in mind that these fields display the amount of timing in degrees that is being taken out in each cylinder. In most cases, the numbers will not be consistent. So if you say you are seeing 6.8 – 7.5, that is actual degrees of timing. Now, the reason you’re seeing higher numbers at low RPM is because there is more advance for better response and acceleration. As RPM increases, total advance decreases and you’ll see less timing being taken out. Now the high numbers you are seeing between 5200 – 5800 aren’t horrible. We do recommend 6.0 as a threshold overall but that figure is geared more towards the turbo models. Without actually seeing your logs, I really can’t comment. Feel free to send them to me and I can review them with you. In any case, you can reduce those numbers by richening the fuel by setting it to ‘8’. The biggest factor you have to consider is fuel quality. Being relegated to 91 octane will limit what settings you’ll ultimately be able to use but, that is the point. The adjustability in the software combined with the data acquisition feature will ensure what ever settings you use, will be optimal.

hi george,thanks for the info.you suggest to set the fuel to 8..it seems to defualt to 9 that is where i always leave it at.so do u what me to bring it down to 8 ? i will e-mail u the logs that i have.thanks again.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:55 AM
carmos is infamous around these parts
hey george,i sent u the logs and the come back saying its a bad email address.the link from 6speed is this address
geroge.osmun@revotechnik.com .is that correct or is it differnt.thanks

Old 10-15-2007, 11:34 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by George@Revo
on a NA 3.6 or 3.8 liter porsche, what are the HP differences between 91 and 93, and what are the HP differences between varying the timing?

it would seem that the custom tune would be a little challenging for the average user. wouldn't the only way to tell if you're making positive changes to the tuning would be to do this on a dyno?

also, how many rear wheel hp should the average 996/997 owner expect from your chip upgrade?

Old 10-15-2007, 03:18 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dndodd
Interesting you have bought and sold two TT's but keep your S. I am curious.
curiouse about?

Old 10-15-2007, 05:25 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
curiouse about?
it's pretty obvious. he's asking why you had two brand new porsches that clearly out perform the "S" model, yet you've sold them both and kept the lesser model.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
it's pretty obvious. he's asking why you had two brand new porsches that clearly out perform the "S" model, yet you've sold them both and kept the lesser model.
The coupe was first and I didnt care for the color combo the cab just didnt handle like the coupe and thats way to much power in a drop top to not grip.. and the other reason, cus I honestly can and this red one I got dirt cheap and will just keep it around as my first porsche

Old 10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
to much power in a drop top to not grip..
Please elaborate.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Please elaborate.
with the coupe I could go into a turn at say 40-50 and the car was glued and would not slide. I tried this in my cab and was about 1 inch from nailing the curb after I almost turned the car 180 degrees, felt that my c2s was a better weighted and centered car then the 4wd turbo...

does that make sense?

Old 12-27-2007, 08:07 PM
unclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really nice
Tried the Revo 5 hr demo.....

........and it exceeded my expectations:
  • Crisper running in general
  • Improved acceleration
  • Torque surfing enhanced, less "flat" spot type lag, brings the motor on the "pipe" or on the "cam" in a way that the stock ECU/motor does not.....
  • Overall more fun, truly hard to keep foot off the go-pedal - bad for mileage, good for smiles
  • I would like to compare the GIAC. REVO definately has the marketing advantage here with the try before you buy.........

Old 12-28-2007, 06:30 AM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by unclejosh
........and it exceeded my expectations:
  • Crisper running in general
  • Improved acceleration
  • Torque surfing enhanced, less "flat" spot type lag, brings the motor on the "pipe" or on the "cam" in a way that the stock ECU/motor does not.....
  • Overall more fun, truly hard to keep foot off the go-pedal - bad for mileage, good for smiles
  • I would like to compare the GIAC. REVO definately has the marketing advantage here with the try before you buy.........
The APR does the same thing but they claim better mileage. I have the APR and haven't measured the mileage yet, having to much fun to care. These ECU upgrades really change the dynamics of the car.

I think (but I am in no way sure) that some how these mods stiffen up PASM but not to the sport setting somewhere in between Sport and Comfort which is not bad at all. It may be the Torque or Powerband coming on much sooner than 4-5K causes this effect.

I am completely happy with the APR. It would be interesting to see a shootout between the various ECU tuners.