997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

REVO Software Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 06:54 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
REVO Software Review

As a birthday present to myself I had REVO software loaded in to see if I would like it. I forget the actual settings, but we adjusted it to accommodate the headers, cats, and mufflers.

First impression was that the new throttle mapping was much nicer and smoother than stock. I always had this slight hesitation at say 2k and 3k RPM -- that's gone. It's crisper (quicker) than stock, but that only took a minute to get used to.

What I did not expect was the HP / TQ increase I received. I don't know if it's how the software always works, or if there's some multiplier (which the dealer suggested) with the AWE system. But wow, I just did not expect the boost. No dyno, but I know this car pretty intimately, and I know whether adjustments work or don't from years of tweaking the M3 and then the 997S. I thought of using the dyno, but couldn't justify $250 for curiosity's sake.

Off to Lime Rock Monday -- we'll see what TraqMate says...

Old 09-29-2007, 07:15 PM
carmos is infamous around these parts
hi ron CT,sounds like u are liking the software.i also have it in my c2 cab.i have the suncoast/ebay headers, agency mufflers and the red hose and k&N filter from fabspeed opps i mean cold air intake.when u find out what ur settings are can u post them,so i can compare them to mine to get some idea.my are 9 gas 2 timing and 7 throtle..thanks

Old 09-29-2007, 09:33 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
how much did the software cost?

Old 09-30-2007, 12:37 AM
carmos is infamous around these parts
hi ABDULLAH . it cost me 899.00 dollars.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:19 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carmos
hi ABDULLAH . it cost me 899.00 dollars.
raffi got one for really cheap and he's happy with it. do you know what is the differance between tuner and other ?

Old 09-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Old 09-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Ron good choice with the REVO, I also like the FVD software due to its customization. Very interested to hear more of your review on this software. Enjoy bud....

Dave

Old 09-30-2007, 02:39 PM
raffi is infamous around these parts
abdullah, if you wanna stick with a reputable tuner you should expect to pay over 800.
upsolute was pretty cheap too until they became more popular and increased there prices.
i got the flash for pretty cheap, much less than what they advertise.
wasnt expecting much, but the turnaround was 24h, they reply to any Q by email or phone in less than a minute.
i dont plan on dynoing my car, i am 99% i did get some gains, gas mileage seems better too so far.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
Very glad to hear that you are happy with the product.

If anyone is interested in REVO software, there is a trial version available. The trial is FREE and runs for 5 engine hours. The software typically takes only 20 min. to flash from a laptop and off you go.

-from your friendly SoCAL REVO dealership
PM me if interested

Old 10-03-2007, 05:01 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, the car was actually scary fast at Lime Rock with the REVO software. I'm always flat from the apex at the end of the Esses until the braking point for the uphill and with the software I actually had to ease off at the uneven pavement short of the braking point. I also ended up in a drag race with a 997 GT3 for a few laps when he thought he would pull away from me on the main and back straights and lose me, but that wasn't the case. I'd close in on the turns, and then be on his bumper on the straights. His 400 HP was probably an exact match for my 355 + AWE system + Revo software (that's all I've done). Lap times were in the 1:02s consistently once I started getting used to the speed easily a 1:01 car with a little more seat time (only my 3rd DE at LRP in a Porsche).

What a hoot!

Old 10-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RonCT
Wow, the car was actually scary fast at Lime Rock with the REVO software. I'm always flat from the apex at the end of the Esses until the braking point for the uphill and with the software I actually had to ease off at the uneven pavement short of the braking point. I also ended up in a drag race with a 997 GT3 for a few laps when he thought he would pull away from me on the main and back straights and lose me, but that wasn't the case. I'd close in on the turns, and then be on his bumper on the straights. His 400 HP was probably an exact match for my 355 + AWE system + Revo software (that's all I've done). Lap times were in the 1:02s consistently once I started getting used to the speed easily a 1:01 car with a little more seat time (only my 3rd DE at LRP in a Porsche).

What a hoot!
Ron can I ask you what were your settings..you can PM me if you like. Im glad you are enjoying it...

Dave

Old 10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Trying to nail down what the settings were -- I think timing 3, fuel 5? I asked my dealer for confirmation.

I was looking at some TraqMate files of before and after -- comparing a 1:03 (pre) and 1:02 (post Revo) and what was really interesting is watching as I out-accelerate with the software. Both dots are relative to each other, but on the straights you can clearly see the Revo car pulling away from the stock one. There's absolutely nothing else that would account for it.

Also, I crept up on a 997 GT3 over a couple of laps and was on his bumper entering the straights when he nailed it and I nailed it. He surely thought he'd walk away, but I maintained the exact same distance from his bumper.

Needless to say, I'm enjoying the Revo...

Old 10-04-2007, 04:37 PM
frafoss is infamous around these parts
Can you install the Revo at a dealer or can you do it yourself.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:03 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Dyno runs don't cost $250. Should be about $60-80. Go get it dyno'd. I'll put a beer up that the software alone doesn't make more than 10 rear wheel hp. Did you do the software and the exhaust mods all at the same time.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:15 PM
4thPorsche is infamous around these parts
I believe that RonCt did the AWE full exhaust setup long before the flash.

What I find interesting is that the air/fuel/timng settings are set depending on what you program. When I got my GIAC flash I was told that the software will optimize (automatically) the air/fuel and timing based on what is installed on the car. The installer, GIAC and EVO all told me the same thing. I am really curious how GIAC compares with REVO and which approach is optimal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: REVO Software Review