997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Street/Track set up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:51 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
It's really a fenomenal piece of machine...but...wouldn't have costed less to get a GT3 and have it slightly tuned?
Just a thought...if you went this way there's a reason.
Congratulations on one of the greatest 997s I'v ever seen

Old 10-05-2007, 06:11 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Very, very nice!!!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 08:29 PM
bullitt44 is infamous around these partsbullitt44 is infamous around these parts
I am in love! Great car and setup!

Old 10-10-2007, 09:32 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute

My cage, seats, and more suspension mods are happening right now. They said that they can't make the factory belts work too (I have a 6 point OMP harness set going in) because of where the GMG cage bolts in. OK. That's cool. I'd rather be able to use them occasionally. Did you find a way to have both options? Also, if not, how do you keep your car from alarming you constantly that the seatbelts aren't latched? Thanks for any help. Rock on.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 PM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blakt out

My cage, seats, and more suspension mods are happening right now. They said that they can't make the factory belts work too (I have a 6 point OMP harness set going in) because of where the GMG cage bolts in. OK. That's cool. I'd rather be able to use them occasionally. Did you find a way to have both options? Also, if not, how do you keep your car from alarming you constantly that the seatbelts aren't latched? Thanks for any help. Rock on.
I have both stock belt and a six point harness in the front. I'll try to get a photo of the seat belt take off points. Unless the OMP belts are different, I think most people using the GMG roll bar have kept their stock fronts in place.

You can turn the seat belt warning off and, in my case, turned off the side air bag all together with the PIWIS. Karl at Imagine Auto could give you the details.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:53 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by frafoss
My workshop says - 13' toe in at rear would make my car nervous. He recommend less toe inn to make the car more stable. Kip at Farnbacher Lol recommend me - 4 toe in. Other peoples in this forum recommend -18' .

What is best for a street/track setup? Can somone expalin the effects of these different # ??

in very simple and generalized terms.
depending on how loose you like your car to be?
more toe in will be easier to drive as these cars, under corning loads, have tendency to have toe out (which will spin you around), that's why you set static toe in.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Here is what made it possible. This was my 1958 Speedster, previously owned by Calvin Klein and appreciated in value while I owned it to the point where it paid for the new one. All things considered, it was the defintiely the "king of cool", but I couldn't afford a speed demon and a vintage car, so the rest is history. Thought the group would enjoy seeing it, and there are still many days when I wish it was still in my garage.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:12 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute

What a gorgeous car. Wow. Good call on the purchase, and I'm sure you're having more fun with the new one on the track! Well done. Thank you so much for your help with the belts. If we can't get it figured out tomorrow, I'll call Imagine. But if you can post a pic (hate to ask for more help) that would be so appreciated.

Mdrums,

We all are blessed to have 911s. That's the real thing. And there are many of these autumn eves that my wife and I both wish we had a cab!

And to mooty and all,

Seeing that a pure race team (they don't work on street cars... they keep *****ing about having to deal with my carpet!) is setting up my car, they're probably going to set me up pretty aggressively. We'll see. I can't wait for the Fall Fling here at VIR this weekend! Full course, baby!

Old 10-12-2007, 09:18 PM
90PSI is infamous around these parts
You officially have my favorite 997.........absolutely perfect!

Old 10-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Bimota is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 90PSI
You officially have my favorite 997.........absolutely perfect!
+1 Very Nice !!! Are those 9" and 12" widths ?

Old 10-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Bimota
+1 Very Nice !!! Are those 9" and 12" widths ?
8.5" and 12"

Old 10-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Bimota is infamous around these parts
One more question, did you have to roll the rear fender lips? My understanding is the RS98 in a 12" width, is for a GT3 and those fenders are rolled from the factory. Thanks for your response.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Bimota
One more question, did you have to roll the rear fender lips? My understanding is the RS98 in a 12" width, is for a GT3 and those fenders are rolled from the factory. Thanks for your response.
My rear fenders are not rolled. No clearance problems running -2 degrees of camber in the rear.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:00 PM
B-moreBroker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 58spdstr
My rear fenders are not rolled. No clearance problems running -2 degrees of camber in the rear.

Congrats 58 you have reached 997 perfection...

Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 PM
greg911 is infamous around these parts
Beautiful setup

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Street/Track set up