997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Street/Track set up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:04 PM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
Street/Track set up

Here are a few photos of my current set up. This has been a project in evolution over a couple of years. I'm pretty close to where I want to be, save a few additional interior bits. I have more $ invested at this point than I had planned for, but I love this power train and wanted GT3 handling, so here you go. The major mods are:

500hp 3.8l supercharged motor with full Fabspeed exhaust system and IPD plenum
GMG chasis mods including cup control arms, bushings/bearings, dogbones and GT3 sway bars
Bilstein PSS coilovers
Brembo 6 piston front/380mm rotors, rears are in route (4 piston/380)
Goodridge steel braided brake lines
GMG roll bar and simpson six point harness
Euro GT3RS carbon fiber seats
GT3 cup nose and GT3 rear deck/spoiler with carbon wing and gurney flap
carbon fiber mirrors
Street: champion RG5's/Michelin pilot sports
Track: champion RS98's/Pirelli P-zero Corsas, Ti lugs
EVO pedals, rennline track mats, short shift kit, Techart steering wheel, other carbon bits and pieces

Old 10-04-2007, 05:18 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely stunning, brother.

Incredible. I know you have an amazing time in it. There's so many things that you and I independently chose but chose alike that it can't do anything but make me feel good that someone else wanting the same things out of their car did nearly the exact same mods. I love your car. It's so mean looking. I haven't done the tow hook or the steering wheel. We chose different carbon seats. We chose different track and street wheels and different colors of cars and such. But the same suspension (coilovers, dog bones, control arms, etc), the same supercharger, the same exhaust, the same roll bar even. Plenums. Same Brembos. Wow. That's just all downright crazy.

Some of my stuff gets installed Wednesday and Thursday of next week. I do want to ask you about the GMG roll bar. Does it allow the passenger seat to scoot back or does it put the passenger's knees in the glove box? I have mine, but it's not in yet and am just mentally installing it if you will.

You're the man. Totally badass.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:31 PM
passenger seat has enough fore and aft with the GMG rollbar for most. You won't have a problem. Its very well made and I had mine powder coated to match the car. My fire extinguisher was also painted Seal Grey and goes in this week. Thanks for your kind words, we did get very close to the same end point on separate journeys, neat to think about.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Wow Thats Hot!!!

Glad You Like The Parts!!!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
What a fabulously modded car!! It must be amazing around the track.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:39 PM
wizo is infamous around these parts
Freakin LOVE IT!!

Wooow great job and attention to detail. I also really enjoy the wheels.
One of my favorite seal gray's I have eva seen!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:00 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Great looking car! Even better mods! Thanx for sharing.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:44 AM
PORSCHEAUDIOLUV is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 58spdstr
Here are a few photos of my current set up. This has been a project in evolution over a couple of years. I'm pretty close to where I want to be, save a few additional interior bits. I have more $ invested at this point than I had planned for, but I love this power train and wanted GT3 handling, so here you go. The major mods are:

500hp 3.8l supercharged motor with full Fabspeed exhaust system and IPD plenum
GMG chasis mods including cup control arms, bushings/bearings, dogbones and GT3 sway bars
Bilstein PSS coilovers
Brembo 6 piston front/380mm rotors, rears are in route (4 piston/380)
Goodridge steel braided brake lines
GMG roll bar and simpson six point harness
Euro GT3RS carbon fiber seats
GT3 cup nose and GT3 rear deck/spoiler with carbon wing and gurney flap
carbon fiber mirrors
Street: champion RG5's/Michelin pilot sports
Track: champion RS98's/Pirelli P-zero Corsas, Ti lugs
EVO pedals, rennline track mats, short shift kit, Techart steering wheel, other carbon bits and pieces

WOW,
Your car looks amazing .Can someone please explain what dog bones are and what do they do ?
What are GMG chassis mods ?
I am sure it is absolutely sick on the track but what about for street use ?
Are the GT3 sway bars the best you can get for a 997 ?
Who did the front mesh for you ? and are the rear seats usable at all w/ the rollbar ?
Thanks.
If you decide to sell your car I got first dibs .

Last edited by PORSCHEAUDIOLUV; 10-05-2007 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by PORSCHEAUDIO
WOW,
Your car looks amazing .Can someone please explain what dog bones are and what do they do ?
What are GMG chassis mods ?
I am sure it is absolutely sick on the track but what about for street use ?
Are the GT3 sway bars the best you can get for a 997 ?
Who did the front mesh for you ? and are the rear seats usable at all w/ the rollbar ?
Thanks.
If you decide to sell your car I got first dibs .
In the suspension photo, the rear upper dogbones are the anodized blue parts. They provide a greater degree of camber adjustability and suspenision control during compression and rebound. The other GMG mods include thrust arm bushings, a toe steer kit, inner A arm bearing kit, GT3 cup front control arms and the GT3 sway bars. The complete kit has been assembled and tested by GMG and works very well as a package. The GT3 sways offer plenty of adjustability front and rear and are more than adequate.

The overall ride quality on the street isn't degraded at all. Turn in is quite a bit crisper as I have the allignment spec'ed pretty agresively. With the track wheels on, the Pirelli's tend to hunt a bit on freeways and aren't my favorites, so will likely be replaced after the next couple of track days. Tire wear may also be a little different, we'll see. The mesh comes installed from the factory on the cup bumper since this is an OEM part. I took out the rear seats and the subwoofer when the roll bar went in for the weight savings primarily. You definitely can't use the rear for anything large with the bar in place.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:32 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance you have your alignment settings around there and can share? Mine's going on a corner balancer/alignment race at a race shop, and I'd love to just have your settings as a benchmark/reference point. And also, and this may or may not be applicable, but it'd be good to know where you have each item set. In other words, the sways, the control arms, the PSS... all that. After we set mine up, we're taking it out to VIR for a day to fine tune everything. It might be good if we can and do share what we find back and forth. Just a thought.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by blakt out

Any chance you have your alignment settings around there and can share? Mine's going on a corner balancer/alignment race at a race shop, and I'd love to just have your settings as a benchmark/reference point. And also, and this may or may not be applicable, but it'd be good to know where you have each item set. In other words, the sways, the control arms, the PSS... all that. After we set mine up, we're taking it out to VIR for a day to fine tune everything. It might be good if we can and do share what we find back and forth. Just a thought.
Here you go:

front: -3 degrees camber, 0' toe, 7degrees 32' caster
rear: -2 degrees camber, 13' toe each side, 0 thrust angle
sways in middle position front and back currently

let me know where you land and how your track time works out.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:05 PM
frafoss is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 58spdstr
Here you go:

front: -3 degrees camber, 0' toe, 7degrees 32' caster
rear: -2 degrees camber, 13' toe each side, 0 thrust angle
sways in middle position front and back currently

let me know where you land and how your track time works out.
My workshop says - 13' toe in at rear would make my car nervous. He recommend less toe inn to make the car more stable. Kip at Farnbacher Lol recommend me - 4 toe in. Other peoples in this forum recommend -18' .

What is best for a street/track setup? Can somone expalin the effects of these different # ??

Old 10-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Daamnnn!!!!! you have a SICK 997s!!!!!!
congrats bro!!!!! its a beast!!!!!!!!

mines is ready I have to upload some pics too.....

Old 10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Well done! That has got to be crazy fun.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:34 PM
PORSCHEAUDIOLUV is infamous around these parts
58spdstr and blakt out should become best friends .Your cars are so similar . I have to say 58 spdstr has the nicest c2s on this forum as of right now .I would also like to niminate Blakt out and ABdullah'S car.

A little on the gt3 side though so with all the money spent why not just start w/ a gt3 or gtr3rs ?
I have to say i would like my c4s to have evrything your car has and that will be the perfect car . 4WD and 500 hp . maybe someday i will break down and either do the supercharger kit or the twin turbo kit ?
i sure do like the look of the ruf kit .and it is smog legal in ca .that is a big + .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Street/Track set up