997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need help with Rusnak Porsche, Pasadena CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 12:28 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
There have been numerous threads on here dealing with Rusnak. I had to deal with them on a car earlier this year and my experience was not great... not horrible, just a lot more difficult than it should have been.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:56 PM
wizo is infamous around these parts
I understand almost anyone;s arguement in this situation. However, how angry would you be trying to fix a potential diasterous problem and you could not for lack of information with what you are dealing with.
I would be more inclined to sue if something stupid happens to me or the car because they will not allow information to me to correct a mishap.
Oh, and I understand also, sell it and get something different or new attitude, but when it took me this long to find and acquire my dream machine I want to remedy instead of toss to the curb.

By the way thank you for the pm CAP'SX51-Your help is appreciated and needed!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
Doesn't Porsche maintain a central records system for service? Usually these are based on the VIN and do not disclose any of the previous owners information. If so then your dealership should be able to pull all records without Rusnak getting involved. I have done this in the past on BMW's, but maybe Porsche is different.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:18 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Hope this helps:

*Do a carfax and sometimes will show the previouse owners name, then go from thier.
*If you bought the car from Rusnik and they are doing this I would hire a attorney and have him look into the car possably being into a car accident. But first I would document by a certified letter that you are requesting what work was done on the car (not the owners name) and have them not reply or send you a reply that says no. From that if the attorney finds out it has been into a accident you have thier *** and will own them like nobodys business. If he finds out it hasnt been into a accident you just waisted your money in attorney fees but its peace of mind.
*If its under warranty then get it in writing what is wrong with your car then go to another dealer and see if they will fix it. If not blast a letter off to PCNA to have them take care of it. If they dont hire a attorney to see what your rights are. I dont care if you bought this car from a 10th owner Porsche made 100,000 sale on this car and they put it in writing its in warranty and they need to honor it.
*Find out the state it was sold and contact a few insurance agencys to see if it has been reported in a accident.

Allot more **** you can just PM me if this doesnt work

Good luck man I had a simular issue with a BMW and won a lawsuit.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:29 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by globalm3
Hope this helps:

*Do a carfax and sometimes will show the previouse owners name, then go from thier.
*If you bought the car from Rusnik and they are doing this I would hire a attorney and have him look into the car possably being into a car accident. But first I would document by a certified letter that you are requesting what work was done on the car (not the owners name) and have them not reply or send you a reply that says no. From that if the attorney finds out it has been into a accident you have thier *** and will own them like nobodys business. If he finds out it hasnt been into a accident you just waisted your money in attorney fees but its peace of mind.
*If its under warranty then get it in writing what is wrong with your car then go to another dealer and see if they will fix it. If not blast a letter off to PCNA to have them take care of it. If they dont hire a attorney to see what your rights are. I dont care if you bought this car from a 10th owner Porsche made 100,000 sale on this car and they put it in writing its in warranty and they need to honor it.
*Find out the state it was sold and contact a few insurance agencys to see if it has been reported in a accident.

Allot more **** you can just PM me if this doesnt work

Good luck man I had a simular issue with a BMW and won a lawsuit.
+1 and ditto.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:06 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Something doesn't add up here. Like I said two days ago, this car should still be under warranty and that's where this dispute should have started. Why it didn't, I don't understand but all that notwithstanding, maintenance/repair records aren't secrets. If they were, Carfax would be out of business and wouldn't have been in business to begin with. When I bought my car 6 months ago I called the dealership that had serviced it. I gave them the VIN # and they gave me everything they had. Oil changes and whatever else they found including a minor issue that was fixed by a different shop. Judging by the way they responded it was a routine request and NO big deal.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cap'sx51
wizo, sent you pm...hope it helps
Service records have no privacy protection.

The records represent the car not its owner.

Rusnak has no basis to deny this owner those records especially since they may provide a trail to the problem at hand.

If I were you I'd look up on line the name of the District Attorney's office in Rusnak's area. I would write (get their fax # and send it asap) the DA stating you believe Rusnak may have defrauded you in the purchase of the car and that you are experiencing a problem about which they are unwilling to assist.

Briefly detail the problem and what you have so far experienced.

I would emphasize to the DA that Rusnak's refusal to provide prior service records may be an attempt on their part to conceal critical info about which they may know and which is why you state you are being defrauded.

I guaranty if the DA sends Rusnak a letter you'll get the info you want.

you can always file a complaint with the Bureau of Automotive Repair in Sacramento, CA.

Do it promptly. It will work to your benefit.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:58 AM
PORSCHEAUDIOLUV is infamous around these parts
Maybe the car was bought back by Porsche as a lemon w/ faulty suspension and Porsche sold the car at Auction to the slimy SELLER that sold you the car.I am sure RUSNAK can reprint service records but those invoices will ahve the name and adress of the previous owner .Sorry you are no entitled to that.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:32 AM
C2S4ME is infamous around these parts
wizo, I’m not going to get into a pissing contest with a bunch of bad advice and misinformation but California has some of the toughest consumer privacy protection laws in the country and automobile service records fall under those laws. Even the District Attorney in Rusnack’s jurisdiction would need a court issued subpoena to legally see those service records. Just because some on this board have had dealerships hand over service records doesn’t mean that it was done so legally.

I have run hundreds of Carfax’s, mainly as a sales tool to show the prospective buyer and as a way to help limit my liability. Vehicle registration information was most always accurate but unless collision repairs were covered by insurance that information would generally not show up.

Chances are even if you got the service records from Rusnack they would not shed any light on what the problem is with your car. A bent undercarriage bolt normally would not fall under a warranty claim but is indicative of bottoming out or hitting something on (or off) the road. I would take the car to a body shop and have the car put on a frame alignment rack. There are precise measuring points under the car and any good body shop should be able to “adjust” things (using hydraulic force) back to factory specs. Then take the car and have it aligned.

Most well managed dealerships and dealership groups run what are called privacy security audits. That is where they hire a company that sends in a person posing as a regular customer into the dealership to try and get customer information, either by asking for it out right or by looking on desk tops or computer monitors or snooping around copy machines. They can not go inside employees desks or behind posted limited access doors.

Last edited by C2S4ME; 10-13-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:16 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
I’m not going to get into a pissing contest with a bunch bad advice and misinformation

No pissing contest needed. What I'm trying to figure out is why this isn't treated as a warranty issue. Take the car to a dealership and tell them the car is crooked and needs to be fixed. One of three things should happen:

1. It's a manufacturing flaw and they fix the car.

2. They refuse to fix the car because this or that happened to it in which case they would have to be specific in order to escape warranty liability. Not a great outcome perhaps but at least the owner would know what the problem is.

3. They somehow prove that the car is within acceptable perimeters.

Last edited by sandwedge; 10-13-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PORSCHEAUDIO
Maybe the car was bought back by Porsche as a lemon w/ faulty suspension and Porsche sold the car at Auction to the slimy SELLER that sold you the car.
Under CA lemon law, a buy-back car MUST have a very visible sticker on the driver's door sill indicating it is a lemon buy back. So, I doubt this is the case.

I would suspect that there was some damage to the vehicle either by the prior owner or through poor dealer service, and Rusnak does not want to admit to liability.

In addition, I would think that by now this thread has done substantial damage to Rusnak's reputation. Who would buy from them now? They are an M-B dealer as well.

You can get the service records you need and Rusnak can exclude any reference to a prior owner's identity. Who cares about the prior owner! The privity here is between this buyer and Rusnak.

Go after Rusnak. I gave you a suggestion. Follow it.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:10 PM
z2die4 is infamous around these parts
#1. Forget Rusnak exists. I cant begin to tell you how bad my experiences have been.
#2. Call another Porsche dealer. Most are much more helpful, and much eaiser to work with. Call the other local dealers. You will probably find much more helpful service advisors.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:09 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Under CA lemon law, a buy-back car MUST have a very visible sticker on the driver's door sill indicating it is a lemon buy back. So, I doubt this is the case.

I would suspect that there was some damage to the vehicle either by the prior owner or through poor dealer service, and Rusnak does not want to admit to liability.

In addition, I would think that by now this thread has done substantial damage to Rusnak's reputation. Who would buy from them now? They are an M-B dealer as well.

You can get the service records you need and Rusnak can exclude any reference to a prior owner's identity. Who cares about the prior owner! The privity here is between this buyer and Rusnak.

Go after Rusnak. I gave you a suggestion. Follow it.
Wizo,

I'm feelin' this guy on this one. Just a hunch.

Jared

Old 10-15-2007, 09:30 PM
I did some of your homework:

Pasadena District Attorney
300 E Walnut St # 103
Pasadena, CA 91101

(626) 356-5620

You can call for the fax #.

Bureau Of Automotive Repair
10220 Systems Parkway #D
Sacramento, CA 95827
(916) 255-4200
http://www.autorepair.ca.gov/stdhome.asp

Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 AM
C2S4ME is infamous around these parts
wizo, what ever happened with those elusive service records from Rusnack? Did you ever get your car squared away?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help with Rusnak Porsche, Pasadena CA