997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

C4S vs. E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 06:47 PM
dmoney is infamous around these parts
man yur funny, must be the wowii maui noooo, we need it clean, for tha record...

Old 10-19-2007, 07:23 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Is this thing still going? Sheeesssh.....go race already! Dick, show him how it's played.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:04 PM
dkreidel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by atomic80
Is this thing still going? Sheeesssh.....go race already! Dick, show him how it's played.
I've made contact with dmoney and we are going to race later this week - I want to make sure my nephew is available to 1) video this for all to see and 2) bring his 450 HP 2,200# Noble GTO 3-R to show us both what quick really is! He's driven my C2S and thinks it's a slug and an "old mans car" He's 26; i'm 56 so maybe he's right

Dick

Old 10-20-2007, 07:22 AM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
Judgement day is a comin'.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:08 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Make sure we get some video of that AMG Killer.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
dmoney,

If you aren't posting about putting 21" wheels on your 911 "cause 20s look too small", or beating E55s and M5s with your lowered, but stock hp, 997C4S, you just aren't happy, are you?

I have driven a 997 C2S multiple times, and have owned 2 E55s. The first point of clarification is that MB rates the E55 at 469hp - which is simply wrong. All the 55s make 500hp, give or take. The E55 is the fastest stock 55 car because it is the lightest (spare the CLK DTM and SLR). Secondly, while anything is possible on the street, and hey there may be some reason that this race actually happened the way you said it, the point I think most people have issue with is you aren't giving much credibility to the fact that if it did happen, it was a complete and utter fluke. Your car cannot beat E55s or M5s given that things are equal and the race is legitimate. Period.

-m

Old 10-20-2007, 11:50 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
dmoney,

If you aren't posting about putting 21" wheels on your 911 "cause 20s look too small", or beating E55s and M5s with your lowered, but stock hp, 997C4S, you just aren't happy, are you?

I have driven a 997 C2S multiple times, and have owned 2 E55s. The first point of clarification is that MB rates the E55 at 469hp - which is simply wrong. All the 55s make 500hp, give or take. The E55 is the fastest stock 55 car because it is the lightest (spare the CLK DTM and SLR). Secondly, while anything is possible on the street, and hey there may be some reason that this race actually happened the way you said it, the point I think most people have issue with is you aren't giving much credibility to the fact that if it did happen, it was a complete and utter fluke. Your car cannot beat E55s or M5s given that things are equal and the race is legitimate. Period.

-m
Hey Marcus, didn't know you hang out here (i'm cte430 from MBworld). Yeah, we've all tried to talk sense into this guy but he won't listen. I saw the post about the wheels, too LOL

I remember when I posted at MBworld when I got my C2S and Rock posted "the hunter has now become the hunted" LOL!

Old 10-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
dmoney,

-m
exactly. because of marketing they only say its at 469hp but the AMG insiders know its exactly the same as the S55 and SL55 at 500hp.
what happened to ur supra? that thing was sooo clean.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Dmoney if somehow your car is not one hundred percent or you don't have the right gas octane at the time of the race I can understand a loss but at least post after the race. Good luck which I am guessing you don't need.

Aloha

Byron

Old 10-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Hey Marcus, didn't know you hang out here (i'm cte430 from MBworld). Yeah, we've all tried to talk sense into this guy but he won't listen. I saw the post about the wheels, too LOL

I remember when I posted at MBworld when I got my C2S and Rock posted "the hunter has now become the hunted" LOL!
Hey Chris, good to see you. I've been on the 6 for while but recently started getting really serious about a 997TT. Will be waiting out the winter and making the move come spring, if I actually decide on one.

-m

Old 10-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by IslandMD615
exactly. because of marketing they only say its at 469hp but the AMG insiders know its exactly the same as the S55 and SL55 at 500hp.
what happened to ur supra? that thing was sooo clean.
Hey thanks. I actually sold it a few years back, it is still around though. Last I heard it was in OH and now in AZ?

-m

Old 10-20-2007, 11:05 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Good to hear this race is going on - i WAS done with this thread, but i have a new reason to get back into it - i love when these sort of things finally get acted upon

Old 10-20-2007, 11:08 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dmoney
are you kidding, I'm dumping this piece of crap for a TT in 1 yr. Then I can write how I beat the **** out of a E65....later
by the way dmoney there is no E65... its an E63, which is actually slower then a E55 as proven in the videos i previously posted, which you said you watched... you dont comprehend things too well do you?

Its also funny how this post of your (along with MANY others) have been edited and although this one was edited you failed to edit your "E65" error...

Old 10-21-2007, 12:00 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
How about stop posting on here if you lose.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:12 AM
flightposite is infamous around these partsflightposite is infamous around these parts
$1000 on dkreidel 10:1 odds !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C4S vs. E55