997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

C4S vs. E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 03:15 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Blakt out: at what speeds?

We went out to play last week:
E55, 996TT stage 4, 996TT mine, GT2 S/G 650+, 2007 Z06, SuperCharged Viper.
E55 from 40-90 is dead even (or damn close drivers/gear/rpm race with the new Z06!
I watched this same E55 (stock 100%) run a 12.2 quarter mile.
This is a wonderful, comfortable, FAST sedan.
Blakt Out, forget it, I just noticed your car is S/C so it makes sense to me
that the E55 is similar from a roll.
The other guy with the C4S is in La-La land...

MK
Marty is right - from 40-90 the E55 was close to my Z06. I slowly pull away up to 90 MPH then I pulled hard on the Merc at higher speeds. That car is a lot faster than it looks. From a dig - they will give a lot of cars fits - I witnessed the car run a 12.2 1/4 mile.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:31 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Marty is right - from 40-90 the E55 was close to my Z06. I slowly pull away up to 90 MPH then I pulled hard on the Merc at higher speeds. That car is a lot faster than it looks. From a dig - they will give a lot of cars fits - I witnessed the car run a 12.2 1/4 mile.
i had no idea the E55 is that fast - thought a Z06 would take it down at any speeds - one thing it never feels short of power, is your Z stock as well?

Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
i had no idea the E55 is that fast - thought a Z06 would take it down at any speeds - one thing it never feels short of power, is your Z stock as well?
My Z is bone stock. From a roll with traction out of the equation - the Z is quicker from all speeds. The slower the start - the closer the E is able to stay. At higher speeds the Z pulls pretty hard on the E. The E has tons of torque and it shows briefly at the beginning of each roll on. If I was to race it in a 1/4 mile from a dig - it would be a close race. I have to have a new perfect launch out of the hole. He can run consistent 12.2 times. I have not run very many quarters and do not have the launch down on my car yet. I can run anywhere from an 12.1 to a 12.6 quarter depending on the launch. I do know of stock Z's running as low as 11.15 in the quarter. They are the exception to the rule and they put a lot of passes on their cars to get to that number.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
And as a comparison, there are quite a few Z06s (new ones) that I run with on my track days (which are pretty often). One place to really look is coming out of the Oak Tree at VIR, where you are in 2nd gear and hammer it out of a hairpen all the way up to around 157 (in my car). I've come out of there behind or in front of new Z06s so many, many laps... and I've never pulled on one, and I've never had one pull on me. One had Michellin Cups, another Hoosiers. One had a big wing, another stock body. One had intake and exhaust, another nothing. I know it doesn't make sense, but I haven't seen any difference. Three of their owners have come up to me and asked what I had, as they haven't even had new 997Turbos stick with them like that. I know the numbers manufacturers claim, and what magazines get from tests. I'm just reporting, as is the dude that started this thread, that which I experience. But so that there isn't any confusion any more, my car really is a street legal race car with a great suspension tune and probably around 450HP at the wheels.

Rock on.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:34 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blakt out
But so that there isn't any confusion any more, my car really is a street legal race car with a great suspension tune and probably around 450HP at the wheels.
Where do you get the 450 number from? I don't see it from the mods you list, and don't say its the S/C. I wouldn't be surprised to see it add 100-125 crank hp (maybe a little more), but I have a relatively strong motor and I only put out 315-318 at the wheels. To say you're getting a gain of 125-150+ whp seems unlikely.

I'm not criticizing, just curious what other bolt-ons you have and where you got that estimate from. As I'm sure you know, beyond major mods like the S/C, most bolt-ons are often redundant and not cumulative gains. I'd like to see you throw it on a dyno, because that seems overly optimistic to me.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:12 PM
flat6 is infamous around these parts
I really thought this kind of useless posting was only limited to Honda forums and such... So much for buying a nice car and meeting grownups...

Old 11-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Responsible user
Bronto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by flat6
I really thought this kind of useless posting was only limited to Honda forums and such... So much for buying a nice car and meeting grownups...
you have a great collection of cars one for all occasions

this thread has gone quite a bit off topic now, were we discussing a c4s race form the beginning? hey dmoney, is it still going to happen?

Old 11-01-2007, 09:54 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Where do you get the 450 number from? I don't see it from the mods you list, and don't say its the S/C. I wouldn't be surprised to see it add 100-125 crank hp (maybe a little more), but I have a relatively strong motor and I only put out 315-318 at the wheels. To say you're getting a gain of 125-150+ whp seems unlikely.

I'm not criticizing, just curious what other bolt-ons you have and where you got that estimate from. As I'm sure you know, beyond major mods like the S/C, most bolt-ons are often redundant and not cumulative gains. I'd like to see you throw it on a dyno, because that seems overly optimistic to me.
I agree with us being off topic. Sorry for my effect on that.

However, I hope you'll all permit me to answer gravedigger's question. I appreciate what you say, and fully agree. Check my signature though. I DO have the Evo Supercharger, the full Fabspeed exhaust and header setup, aggressive GIAC tuning, and the IPD plenum. I know that the HP numbers of mods don't actually add to each other, per se. The car should go on the dyno in the next month, but I've driven it like this (other than the plenum, which is more recent) for 20k miles and know an idea about what its power SHOULD be because of the relative speed to other cars which have better known power figures.

Hope this helps... and sorry for the diversion again.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all

IF you search the threads I have seen a number of people getting over 500HP at the crank with that setup.

and what is wrong with having some fun?

Old 11-01-2007, 09:59 AM
flat6 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bronto
you have a great collection of cars one for all occasions

this thread has gone quite a bit off topic now, were we discussing a c4s race form the beginning? hey dmoney, is it still going to happen?
Thanks for the comment...

S65 is mine no longer. I have wheel remnants only...
Looking at my list, funny enough the Spur is gone too... I only have the top 4 vehicles now.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:00 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by flat6
...oh no another one of you huh?

Well...

You thought WRONG sucka!

Bring this thread back - Dmoney you racing Dick yet?

Old 11-05-2007, 07:31 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Dmoney ain't racin dick

Old 11-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Responsible user
Bronto is infamous around these parts
none of these kinds of threads are being realized... I want to see a race, come on dmoney!

Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brucem
IF you search the threads I have seen a number of people getting over 500HP at the crank with that setup.
That, specifically, was the reason for my question. If you look at the Evo owners registry thread, you'll notice most dyno'd cars are making far LESS than 500. You say "a number of people" and of course 1 is "a number". I'm just curious as to the reality of typical s/c gains.

Sorry for the derailment - my last comment outside the core topic.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
That, specifically, was the reason for my question. If you look at the Evo owners registry thread, you'll notice most dyno'd cars are making far LESS than 500. You say "a number of people" and of course 1 is "a number". I'm just curious as to the reality of typical s/c gains.

Sorry for the derailment - my last comment outside the core topic.
I will derail again

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight=EVO+s%2Fc

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight=EVO+s%2Fc

this is all I have time to find for ya. Talk to Alex (sharky) and get more info. 500 CRANK I have seen time and time again on an S model (on 997's) heck look at Deputy Dog.. his 996 is upwards of 475 on a 996

NOW WHERE IS DMONEY? ha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C4S vs. E55