997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

C4S vs. E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:29 PM
laj_c4s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dmoney
Wilshire coming into bev.hills (at golf course) my car is dropped and stock, look I have beaten up on lots of higher h.p. cars, including, M5 new, ...

you beat the new M5 in your C4S? i need what you are smoking

Old 10-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
funny that he states people are mecedes bias when this is a PORCSHE FORUM>.. Dmoney..please realize most of the people talking own or have owned BOTH cars and they know what they are talking about. a C4S will not pull away from someone actually driving an E55.. sorry you feel your car is faster than all of the other cars on this forum. Along with your M5 kill.... please stop and admit the guy may have not been trying

Old 10-11-2007, 11:14 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
so what your saying is the E55 469 h.p. is faster than a 63AMG, wow I didn't know that. what kind of numbers from both of these cars, someone please chime in...
horsepower is not everything. quite frankly for street race as short as this the torque number is what u should be looking at. for a car like E55 although it handles like **** but once u hammer it it just pulls like no tomorrow. til u hit about 90mph then u'll hit a flat spot of that supercharger. for a car like M5 or E63 although the horsepower output is impressive but they don't shine until u hit triple digi speed at high RPM. not saying ur car is slow. but those cars are just faster.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
dmoney FTW!

It's not unfathomable for a C4S to beat a E60 M5.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
Wilshire coming into bev.hills (at golf course) my car is dropped and stock, look I have beaten up on lots of higher h.p. cars, including, M5 new, 650I, DB9, M3 last model, motorcycle on the 10 freeway, WRX, supra, older muscle car, 996 turbo s cab, everyone always wants to race me, all the time. I usally do if not to much traffic around, what the hell I've only lost to the 996 turbo s...so far...Some cars that I want to go up against soon, AMG 63, Corvette C6, F430, Lambo g., I know your all thinking I need a turbo by this point but....I will let it all out if the chance arises, fo sho... I dont care what car you have I will rise to occasion, as long as the coast-is-clear...I would put an S.C. on, prob. evo would be my choice, but I lease so Warranty issues at hand, soo I will just upgrade to TT CAB next year...
That M5 was not racing u. Dude ur smokin some good ones if u think u can beat a 63, F430 or a G.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:43 PM
dmoney is infamous around these parts
Look I raced a M5 (New) on the 101 going to santa barbara almost 2 years ago at the sea. There was actually a M5 and a 650I convertable driving together, they both had dealer plates and both were this weird blueish/purple color. They may have been being transfered to Santa Barbara Auto Group from Ventura would be my guess. They were driving about 70, I came from behind and passed them at about 75, the kid driving the M5 pulled up next to me and wanted to let me know he wanted to smash me, soo thats when it happened, we smashed and the f*cker never got in front of me all the way to 135+, don't get me wrong he was right there but did not inch in front of me, his nerves let out at about 135+ and I shortly thereafter let off and drove away with a big fat smile. Now it has been said on other fourms that this dealer kid may have not know about the sport button in the M5 that produces an extra 100 H.P. and most people on the fourm said that it would make sense that a C4S will take an M5 with no sport button pushed. So there you have it, thats my story, believe it or not. Now if a 63AMG is slower than a 55AMG you still dont think a C4S will take the 63AMG, anybody??? We still need video posts if someone has this matchup...

Old 10-12-2007, 03:06 PM
MODFIED is infamous around these parts
Even though LA probably has 60% of the E55s imported to the US, there are probably twice as many fake ones out there, done to varying degrees of cheesiness. It's awfully hard to believe the stock p-car could pull on it in any state - except maybe if the E55 autobox was holding a higher gear or the owner was getting nervous about the speed, or it was an E320 in drag - did you happen to see the brakes?

Funny, I drive around LA every day and no one ever wants to race, except for the occasional motorcycle. Maybe you should get a GT3 - I think the wing scares people away or something...

Old 10-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by MODFIED
Even though LA probably has 60% of the E55s imported to the US, there are probably twice as many fake ones out there, done to varying degrees of cheesiness. It's awfully hard to believe the stock p-car could pull on it in any state - except maybe if the E55 autobox was holding a higher gear or the owner was getting nervous about the speed, or it was an E320 in drag - did you happen to see the brakes?

Funny, I drive around LA every day and no one ever wants to race, except for the occasional motorcycle. Maybe you should get a GT3 - I think the wing scares people away or something...
No, wasn't even looking at brakes but he did have the quad exaust which I think is E55, don't like the wing on GT3 though...no offense just me...yeah motorcycles allways trying to race me too, I always offer too, but some of those bikers are just plain crazy stupid...I raced a guy on the 10 freeway east going towards downtown and he was on a rice rocket, WITH A CHICK ON THE BACK SEAT, racing me at upto speeds of 120+, he was a hell of a driver though, gotta give him that, he did back down @ 120.

Last edited by dmoney; 10-12-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:10 PM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribing!

Old 10-13-2007, 01:14 AM
acr-c is infamous around these parts
"Fo sho"!!!

Old 10-13-2007, 01:42 AM
lei
lei is infamous around these parts
yeah theres no way u beat a e55.. they haul ***... i've been in both and there just no way.. he was either a non amg or he was just toying with ya...

Old 10-13-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by Brucem
funny that he states people are mecedes bias when this is a PORCSHE FORUM>.. Dmoney..please realize most of the people talking own or have owned BOTH cars and they know what they are talking about. a C4S will not pull away from someone actually driving an E55.. sorry you feel your car is faster than all of the other cars on this forum. Along with your M5 kill.... please stop and admit the guy may have not been trying
Ok, now that you mention it I did own a 2001 E430sport that car was pretty quick but I remember it would hesitate, kind of hickup when pushing it hard, I cant wait to race another E55 I promise I will make sure it's authentic...

Old 10-13-2007, 08:03 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Ok, now that you mention it I did own a 2001 E430sport that car was pretty quick but I remember it would hesitate, kind of hickup when pushing it hard, I cant wait to race another E55 I promise I will make sure it's authentic...
There are a lot of "fake" AMG cars out there. Unless you know what you're looking for, it can be tough to tell. As I said earlier, I don't doubt what happened to you in that specific run. However, having owned an E55 as well as a C2S (lighter than yours) I find it very difficult to believe you will consistently outrun one of those cars.

If you're looking for a challenge go post in the E55 forum at MBworld.org - believe me, you'll have them lining up out of the woodwork to run you.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:00 AM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by IslandMD615
That M5 was not racing u. Dude ur smokin some good ones if u think u can beat a 63, F430 or a G.
i beat a new m5 from a rolling 40mph to about 130mph about 5 to 6 car lengths

Old 10-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nyseal
i beat a new m5 from a rolling 40mph to about 130mph about 5 to 6 car lengths
Get a stock C4S and a stock M5, in P500 mode, in a highway duel and the M5 is gonna win 10 out of 10 times. The M5's top end is brutally savage and when u get past 130mph its gonna get ugly for the all wheel drive C4S.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C4S vs. E55