997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

C4S vs. E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 03:26 PM
dkreidel is infamous around these parts
Okay, enough of this nonsense. I'm in the OC; let's meet and run your C4S against my dead stock 2005 E55 with 40,000 miles on the clock. I'm an old guy (56) and I'm sure my reactions aren't a good as yours, and I'll even keep the trans in "D" and not use the manual shift steering wheel paddles. I'll have my nephew bring his Noble and you can see how your C4S stacks up against a V-6 Ford too.

My E55 has the top speed limiter disabled and a new set of PS2's, so we can go as fast as you care to go. If you really want to make this interesting, bring cash.
dk

Old 10-13-2007, 03:48 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nyseal
i beat a new m5 from a rolling 40mph to about 130mph about 5 to 6 car lengths
in P400 the car is slower than a stock 550. in P500 i can run a 997 easy. in P500S bye bye. that's all i have to say.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Madan
Hey guyz this is my first post as a "member" here and im a real car nut... to clear all misconceptions going on here i would like to give my view as i owned a C2S and currenly own a turbo so i know the diff. between the two and have had considerable time done with an M5 and M6 as my close friend and racing rival used to own both and was very fond of them and as much as i would hate to admit it the M5 would smoke the C2S easily from a rolling start anyday this i have tried many times, from a rolling start however the M5 tends to burn alot of rubber due to his SMG gear and RWD however with the launch control on the C2S would be of no match i can post you how the car moves with launch control if interested ? ... I can tell u from my own experience that a C2S would beat an E55 with the N/A engine as i tried on a rolling start with a N/A SL55 ... however there is no way you would beat the supercharged one. M5s just barely beat it on a rolling start. 997TT however is a different story :P so i recomend u upgrade like i did.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:56 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Michael Zheng
dont know how fast the C4S go, but have owned a cls55 before and race with a Carrera S ........ kinda belive u on this
Although i think you could be sarcastic on this... the E55 is a few hundreds pounds lighter then a CLS55...

Originally Posted by Madan
... I can tell u from my own experience that a C2S would beat an E55 with the N/A engine as i tried on a rolling start with a N/A SL55 ... however there is no way you would beat the supercharged one.
The SL55 never came as a N/A... first year of the SL55 was a 2003 and came with the supercharger with 493hp and 516 lbs/tq... old body style came as high as the SL600... but was a slow car by todays standards...

Originally Posted by dmoney
so what your saying is the E55 469 h.p. is faster than a 63AMG, wow I didn't know that. what kind of numbers from both of these cars, someone please chime in...
Both cars run almost exact numbers, but videos show the E55 taking it in the situations from the videos: AND the camera car both times is the E55 AND the E55 has a passenger.... both times

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5YaHyBnf7P8[/media]

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=KLLsK4TiBpU[/media]

Look I raced a M5 (New) on the 101 going to santa barbara almost 2 years ago at the sea. There was actually a M5 and a 650I convertable driving together, they both had dealer plates and both were this weird blueish/purple color. They may have been being transfered to Santa Barbara Auto Group from Ventura would be my guess. They were driving about 70, I came from behind and passed them at about 75, the kid driving the M5 pulled up next to me and wanted to let me know he wanted to smash me, soo thats when it happened, we smashed and the f*cker never got in front of me all the way to 135+
M5 was in its 400hp mode without the M power button pushed... simple as that...

Old 10-13-2007, 06:09 PM
dmoney is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dkreidel
Okay, enough of this nonsense. I'm in the OC; let's meet and run your C4S against my dead stock 2005 E55 with 40,000 miles on the clock. I'm an old guy (56) and I'm sure my reactions aren't a good as yours, and I'll even keep the trans in "D" and not use the manual shift steering wheel paddles. I'll have my nephew bring his Noble and you can see how your C4S stacks up against a V-6 Ford too.

My E55 has the top speed limiter disabled and a new set of PS2's, so we can go as fast as you care to go. If you really want to make this interesting, bring cash.
dk
you talkin track of freeway sh*t...

Old 10-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Madan
You must know more about SL55 as you have owned one than i do so then i guess the one that raced me must have been a fake badged one bcoz it was really laggin behind and couldnt keep up. however regarding supercharged AMGs C2S would never stand a chance against them nor would the AMGs against an M5. and all the ones mentioned would not stand a chance against a 997TT .

Old 10-13-2007, 08:47 PM
How do you feel about an E55 vs. M5????

Old 10-14-2007, 12:49 AM
dkreidel is infamous around these parts
dmoney - freeway is fine with me. We just need a pretty big chunk of straight real estate as I need to be pointed where we wanna' go when I hit the hammer on the E55. I'll have my nephew in his Noble video it from in front of us, 'cuz neither of us are going to be in front of him!

If you are talking e60 M5 I don't know - but my E39 M5 wouldn't keep up with your ride, much less my Merc.

dk

Old 10-14-2007, 01:40 AM
who's got a e60 M5 to run with us, stock of course???

Old 10-14-2007, 01:57 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Madan
You must know more about SL55 as you have owned one than i do so then i guess the one that raced me must have been a fake badged one bcoz it was really laggin behind and couldnt keep up. however regarding supercharged AMGs C2S would never stand a chance against them nor would the AMGs against an M5. and all the ones mentioned would not stand a chance against a 997TT .
actually i believe the E55 AMG is faster then the M5

Other faster AMG's are SL65 AMG, and S65 AMG (both do the 1/4 in the 11's) and maybe 1 or 2 other AMG cars, so an M5 against an AMG car is not superior in terms of acceleration and speed ...

When it comes to the E55 losing against an M5 i have never heard otherwise... here is a video to prove my point

E55 vs. M5

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=R_zV0Ahkw5Y[/media]
gotta fast forward to about 50 seconds to watch the race part...

again dmoney is full of it - he raced a E500 with a fake AMG badge and quad exhausts.... thats all it was, if he thinks otherwise i cant wait till a real E55 will shut him up and a video would be more then wonderful

Old 10-14-2007, 01:57 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Dmoney you should probably look for sponsors because you might have some skills that should be on the track instead of on the street. You should get paid for your racing instead of wasting your gas money on these street kills.

Aloha

Byron

Old 10-14-2007, 02:08 AM
why is this even posted here, you have a C4S997 theres a 997 forum for you...

dmoney thinks he has a turbo i believe... dmoney did you slap a turbo badge on your car therefore giving you turbo speed allowing you to "walk" an E55 which does a traps near 120 and does it in the low 12's... is that how this was done and how you "walked" and M5 and how you think you can "walk" a F430 and a gallardo... is this how dmoney... is this how?

Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 PM
who's got a e60 M5 to run with us, stock of course???
cause you would soo beat it... stock of course... destroy it by bus lengths right?

Old 10-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Look I only said I'm not afraid of and will race any car out there, I will loose to a F430 com'mon, and lambo com'mon, I'm just saying that I will race it that's it mann... But I'm spectical of a E55 and M5 ya see...

Old 10-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Look I only said I'm not afraid of and will race any car out there, I will loose to a F430 com'mon, and lambo com'mon, I'm just saying that I will race it that's it mann... But I'm spectical of a E55 and M5 ya see...
I think everybody else is spectical of your story.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C4S vs. E55