997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

C4S vs. E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Texas911
I had an E55 and a 997C2S and the E55 would take the C2S from any speed above 60mph. Probably pretty close from a standing start though.

Agree, I owned both cars too, The E55 would win hands down. The guy may have been in manual mode? Better to leave it in auto when dragging.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:12 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Dmoney, you may have "won" once (not sure what the MB driver was doing) but I find it interesting that you think your car is faster. There are people here (including myself) who have owned both cars (mine, a 997S - lighter than yours) and we're telling you your car is not faster.

It's fine that you'll "race anyone". But to continue thinking your car is faster than the MB or M car is just silly.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
.....then you woke up?

Old 10-17-2007, 06:51 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Dmoney, you may have "won" once (not sure what the MB driver was doing) but I find it interesting that you think your car is faster. There are people here (including myself) who have owned both cars (mine, a 997S - lighter than yours) and we're telling you your car is not faster.

It's fine that you'll "race anyone". But to continue thinking your car is faster than the MB or M car is just silly.
Notice how he stopped posting... interesting, maybe he finally raced a real E55 and not an E320 with a AMG badge on it

Old 10-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Fixed it for ya.

Originally Posted by 996TTDave
Notice how he stopped posting... interesting, maybe he finally raced a real E55 and not an E320 wagon with a AMG badge on it

Old 10-17-2007, 07:06 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Prob was an E350 w/ AMG Badging.....

Old 10-17-2007, 09:02 PM
dmoney is infamous around these parts
Mane some of you guyz are really hardcore...I really like that about this forum...It's great to see all you guys get heated up over just speed & spec's. I just told you a story about a race I had with a E55 and some cars that I'd like to take a stab at in the future. I didn't know it was a case of young and the restless with some of you. Look, when racing in the streets anything is possible, could be the driver, the road conditions, the wheather conditions, traffic, fake badges, your ***** itching I dont know anything could affect the outcome of a race in the streets, even a C4S beating up on a E55 or a M5. I don't really care about what's published, it's about what happens, and what happened here is that 55 got pimp slapped...thats it, mabye tommorrow the E55 may beat me, what I'm trying to say is, anything is possible, even for some of you to understand just that.

P.S. I was in overdrive....

Old 10-18-2007, 02:52 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dmoney
Mane some of you guyz are really hardcore...I really like that about this forum...It's great to see all you guys get heated up over just speed & spec's. I just told you a story about a race I had with a E55 and some cars that I'd like to take a stab at in the future. I didn't know it was a case of young and the restless with some of you. Look, when racing in the streets anything is possible, could be the driver, the road conditions, the wheather conditions, traffic, fake badges, your ***** itching I dont know anything could affect the outcome of a race in the streets, even a C4S beating up on a E55 or a M5. I don't really care about what's published, it's about what happens, and what happened here is that 55 got pimp slapped...thats it, mabye tommorrow the E55 may beat me, what I'm trying to say is, anything is possible, even for some of you to understand just that.

P.S. I was in overdrive....
are you saying your car is also tiptronic? and in the case of fake badges as you just stated, thats not a real race with a the car we are discussing...

ill just sum it up for you:

you thought you were racing an E55... he wasn't racing

TREAD CLOSED!

Just wanted to note I raced a E55 late last night coming home from Santa Monica and kicked it's *** all over... Was rolling 35 mph then took off to around 100+ with the AMG, (no one around) I pulled hard on him and left him in the dust, felt great to out run the AMG. I know these 2 cars are close in numbers but the P-car just kept on a-pullin. I want a AMG63 on the next one think it may be closer though...any thoughts on vs. AMG63 matchup
That sounds like a race to me... and no the numbers aren't close

-- Horsepower:
355hp vs. 469hp.... not close

-- Torque:
295lbs vs. 516lbs... thats a joke...

-- Weight:
3500lbs'ish vs. 3990lbs..... not enough to make up the HP and lbs/tq difference

You're just wrong here DMoney but nothing written will make you believe your 997 C4S is the most superior car out there... enjoy your imagination dude

im done with you dude...

Old 10-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
are you saying your car is also tiptronic? and in the case of fake badges as you just stated, thats not a real race with a the car we are discussing...

ill just sum it up for you:

you thought you were racing an E55... he wasn't racing

TREAD CLOSED!

That sounds like a race to me... and no the numbers aren't close

-- Horsepower:
355hp vs. 469hp.... not close

-- Torque:
295lbs vs. 516lbs... thats a joke...

-- Weight:
3500lbs'ish vs. 3990lbs..... not enough to make up the HP and lbs/tq difference

You're just wrong here DMoney but nothing written will make you believe your 997 C4S is the most superior car out there... enjoy your imagination dude

im done with you dude...
are you kidding, I'm dumping this piece of crap for a TT in 1 yr. Then I can write how I beat the **** out of a E65....later

Last edited by dmoney; 10-18-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
are you kidding, I'm dumping this piece of crap for a TT in 1 yr. Then I can write how I beat the **** out of a E65....later
u aint doin nothin but talkin. u gonna race DKriedel or what? hes bringing a M6 and a NOBLE!! win or lose ur gonna see a NOBLE!

Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
no p.m. yet from dk, Isle. but it will happen one day soon, I will do it, just for all the bro's at 6speed...what kinda odds are you giving me ?, remember its from a 35 mph roll to 135...

Old 10-18-2007, 07:31 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i so want to run u for a friendly match (trust me i'm not one of those hotheads here) but my bro's E55 has a K1 kit in it. too bad.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is infamous around these parts
no p.m. yet from dk, Isle. but it will happen one day soon, I will do it, just for all the bro's at 6speed...what kinda odds are you giving me ?, remember its from a 35 mph roll to 135...
i wouldnt race for pinks.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:46 AM
dkreidel is infamous around these parts
post #10

Old 10-19-2007, 08:47 AM
dkreidel is infamous around these parts
post #11

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C4S vs. E55