997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Can You Add Sport Chrono Package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:20 PM
goncookoo is infamous around these parts
I could have sworn I read a post that someone said they added sport chrono ex-post using a Suncoast sport chrono package upgrade of some sort.

I can no longer find that post or find anything on Suncoast's site.

Maybe its one of those really vivid dreams again.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:45 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by goncookoo
I could have sworn I read a post that someone said they added sport chrono ex-post using a Suncoast sport chrono package upgrade of some sort.

I can no longer find that post or find anything on Suncoast's site.

Maybe its one of those really vivid dreams again.
It is still there.
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product..._Code=997TURBO

Old 11-04-2011, 04:15 PM
GCB
GCB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
+1, sport chrono is a must IMO. I didn't use it at all during the 1st year I had my 997S but once I started using it, I had it on all the time. Drive with it on for a few days and then go back to without. The car will feel like you are driving around with the parking brake on.
yea... I too thought it was useless...while I didn't have it.
BUT then I got an 07-S 911 and I love it... really have it off.

Mine is hooked up to the sport exhaust as well.... I'm surprised how much i notice the difference when the throttle mapping in "on".

regarding the initial thread question about adding this option... I would think it would be way overpriced to add, but?

Old 11-05-2011, 09:17 PM
jastx is infamous around these parts
I added the factory Sport Chrono retrofit to my Carrera S. I think it's great. It gives you the option to change the character of the car - how it reacts to your normal inputs. The most dramatic effect is the throttle responds to your normal input in a more aggressive manner - like applying half throttle when you input 1/4 with your foot. It makes the car feel very responsive in comparison to the normal setting.

It's a different feeling than pushing your foot down more as others (who probably don't have it) have mentioned. Who is to say what the correct reaction to your foot should be? Sport Chrono gives you a choice.

I asked if it was a must have before I bought my car and most of my answers were it wasn't. I don't think the dash timer is a must have but I do think the Sport Chrono function is. Better to buy it with the car and get the whole nine yards but the functionality except for the clock can be added later by your dealer. Personally, I wouldn't buy another 911 without it.

Last edited by jastx; 11-05-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:12 PM
seskiyapan is infamous around these parts
Have a question. i dont live in US and own a C2S w/o SC. Suncoast adds this to the car. How do they do it actually ? Do they add some wires from the sport button to i dont know DME, PSM control switch and etc. Or is it just a software ?
To summarize, what do they add so the throttle responses and other things change and how?

My tech says he installed the stopwatch only to a car not the sports button and programmed the PCM to SC to get the extra options with the SC. Since İ dont have a chance to get it installed by the dealer in Turkey bc they dont know how to do it, some valuable input about this would be greatly appreciated.