997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My new tow machine and trailering setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Great choice in white. I will only buy a dually in WHITE or SILVER. And my plans would be to black out the rims, windows, and two-tone (black) it from above the door handles (on the body line).

Old 10-21-2007, 08:04 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Great choice in white. I will only buy a dually in WHITE or SILVER. And my plans would be to black out the rims, windows, and two-tone (black) it from above the door handles (on the body line).
I agree, I have a set of Alcoa 22.5's waiting to be installed but I'm worried about the tranny and really screwing up the ride. My buddy wants to do the same paint scheme your talking about on his silver mega cab, I think it's a great idea. I'm in the trucking business and have the 22.5's laying around, all I need are the adapters.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TonyNJ
I agree, I have a set of Alcoa 22.5's waiting to be installed but I'm worried about the tranny and really screwing up the ride. My buddy wants to do the same paint scheme your talking about on his silver mega cab, I think it's a great idea. I'm in the trucking business and have the 22.5's laying around, all I need are the adapters.
The Alcoas are INSANE. I have pictures on my old RAZR of a black 06 3500 Cummins on them... sex on wheels.

The adapters aren't too expensive, but are a pretty penny. I wouldn't be too concerned about the tranny at this point.

-Once your buddy has that done to his truck, take some pictures, I haven't seen it before, thus the idea.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jimbo
The Alcoas are INSANE. I have pictures on my old RAZR of a black 06 3500 Cummins on them... sex on wheels.

The adapters aren't too expensive, but are a pretty penny. I wouldn't be too concerned about the tranny at this point.

-Once your buddy has that done to his truck, take some pictures, I haven't seen it before, thus the idea.

Will do man, if I slap on the 22.5's this week I'll send you some pics.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by TonyNJ
Will do man, if I slap on the 22.5's this week I'll send you some pics.
10-4 ....................

Old 10-21-2007, 11:32 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Tony,

That's such a sweet looking rig. Rock on. Did the checkerboard tiling come inside the trailer, or did you do that yourself? Curious. I like the feel of it.

Jared

Old 10-22-2007, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by blakt out
Tony,

That's such a sweet looking rig. Rock on. Did the checkerboard tiling come inside the trailer, or did you do that yourself? Curious. I like the feel of it.

Jared
Thanks Jared, you have the sweetest rig all blacked out like that with the trailer. I bought the trailer like that but I had it redone with a 1 piece floor. It had the stick tiles and were getting loose in some area's.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:51 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the props... AND the info. Rock on.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm swapping out the tires tomorrow for 37s (these are 35s)... probably Nitto Mud Grapplers, which are just mean looking. I'll possibly be switching out the wheels to some black and chrome ones, mainly black. If I end up having it to do it tomorrow, I'll snap some pics and post. Sorry to have this stuff on here, but I'm going crazy with my 911 in the bodyshop now. I've got a good amount of planning and work done on my 240Z too that I'm building with a highly boosted Silvia motor.

Rock on.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Tony, dammit, is that your garage in your avatar too? Man, you're a pimp.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
OK. My 911 is STILL in the bodyshop, so I did all this to my truck and am putting a pic on here like I said I would (but much later). Got the wheels and 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers like I said. Also just put an aFe intake on it and a PPE programmer, which essentially puts me at 700HP and 950lb/ft, give or take. It's pretty crazy how this thing feels like a train when the boost is pushing hard and whistling.

Here's how it looks now. Can't wait to haul that Porsche around behind it now!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
That is so sweet! Sorry to hear about your p-car still being in the shop. Out of curiousity, did you get track insurance or are you paying out-of-pocket for the 997S repairs?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Out of pocket. It's about $5k. Not too bad (considering how bad it COULD have been). I don't even know if my insurance would have covered it, but I don't want to **** them off on such a low amount. I'd rather wait until I fold it to pop that one on them! (I hope that never happens, but I'm not superstitious either).

Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 PM
AP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really nice
Awesome rig and trailer set up.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks man. SWEEEET S2000! Mugen roof?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new tow machine and trailering setup