997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Recaro Young Sport Toddler Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
Recaro Young Sport Toddler Seat

My daughter is about 30 lbs. and I've got to make a move to different car seat that will convert into a booster. I'm curious if anyone has the Recaro Young Sport Toddler Seat in the back seat of their Carrera. To those that do, I welcome any comments. Thanks.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:40 PM
LvnLrg213 is infamous around these partsLvnLrg213 is infamous around these parts
I use one sporadically in the 911, but I place it on the front seat, not too much space back there...

Old 10-15-2007, 09:27 AM
funcars is infamous around these parts
I have one. It fit ok in the back, but there wasn't a lot of room in the front seat once it was moved far enough ahead for important things like kids' legs.

So out it came, and in went the overpriced but extremely well fitting Porsche Junior. It fits pretty much flush into the rear seat area, giving lots of room for relatively small legs without pushing the front seat too far forward.

I was a little skeptical about the lack of 5 pt harness and the use of the impact table, but it looks like there are multiple models on the market like this now, and they pass the applicable tests. My daughter (almost 4) loves it since she sits high enough that the table doesn't bother her. My son (almost 2) sits lower, but he puts up with the table to ride in daddy's fast cars.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:08 PM
stom_m3 is infamous around these parts
I just got the Fisher Price Safe Voyage based on some peoples comments from either this forum or RL. It's actually made by Britax or at least that is where the registered card is sent to. It's sold through Target. It fits perfectly. I've tried the Graco and it didn't fit at all. The base is the hardest to fit. I removed the seatback and it gave me another 3" of leg room for the passenger. I have more room for my son, who's 35lbs, now than I ever did. Glad I bought it. Not to mention if you don't like it you can easily take it back to Target.

http://www.target.com/Fisher-Price-S...ank&rh=&page=1

Old 10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stom_m3
I just got the Fisher Price Safe Voyage based on some peoples comments from either this forum or RL. It's actually made by Britax or at least that is where the registered card is sent to. It's sold through Target. It fits perfectly. I've tried the Graco and it didn't fit at all. The base is the hardest to fit. I removed the seatback and it gave me another 3" of leg room for the passenger. I have more room for my son, who's 35lbs, now than I ever did. Glad I bought it. Not to mention if you don't like it you can easily take it back to Target.

http://www.target.com/Fisher-Price-S...ank&rh=&page=1
Thanks for the info! We are just about to need a new seat for the baby, but we need a convertible since he's just under 10 months and may be too small for the booster seats. Suggestions?

Old 10-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks, guys. The Fisher-Price one looks pretty good. I think I'm going to order it, although I'm going to be somewhat nervous with my daughter in my car w/o a five point harness. I wonder if any studies have been done comparing the efficacy of five versus three point belts during a crash.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
tsmithmdtx is infamous around these parts
I asked my wife who is a pediatrician and she says that under 30lbs there are studies that support a 5 pt being safer than a 3 point harness. Above 30lbs it seems that the 3 point should be fine. Hope that helps.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 PM
funcars is infamous around these parts
Did you notice that the Fisher Price is strictly a booster? The recaro and the porsche seats at convertibles: full forward facing child seats that convert to a booster.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:03 PM
MCLC26 is infamous around these parts
I have both of the car seats that Porsche makes - fit well in the car, but I would recommend getting one of those memory foam things that wraps around the belt. My kids complained about the belt rubbing against their shoulder area and these memory foam wraps have made it much more comfortable for them. You can usually find them at your local auto parts chain store or even at a local car wash...

Old 10-18-2007, 11:32 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
So who REALLY makes the Porsche Junior?

Old 10-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Mike R - When I use the FP Safe Voyage, I use the child seat belt ratchet feature. After I click my son in the seat, I pull the seat belt all of the way out so it ratchets in. I pull the seat belt tight so he has very little wiggle room. Of course it's not as good as a 5pt but at least he's belted in tight.

Gravedgr - I used to use a Graco comfortsport. The only problem is that when it's tightly mounted, the seat is cocked sideways a tad. When I mounted it be sure to use the top latch that is underneath the rear deck lid. I put the belt through the bottom of the convertible seat and not through the back. Make sure that you use the child ratchet when you snug the belt back up. This will make the seat very secure. Let me know if you have any questions,

steve

Old 10-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I just rec'd the FP Safe Voyage this evening.
Question: I clicked the backrest in and moved it upwards to allow it remain upright after hearing it click again. The backrest, however, wiggles back and forth while remaining upright. Is this supposed to happen?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Are you talking about putting the seat back to the seat bottom. It's okay that it fits loose. It's meant to accommodate various seat back angles. The seat back won't rotate up if you don't have it engaged all of the way in the seat bottom. Let me know if you have any other issues.

steve

Old 10-20-2007, 05:28 PM
chaud
In case anyone needs an oem Porsche Junior Seat, I have one for sale... PM me if you'd like any more info.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:48 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
did you sell it

see this is old post but figured I would ask...

Originally Posted by chaud
In case anyone needs an oem Porsche Junior Seat, I have one for sale... PM me if you'd like any more info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recaro Young Sport Toddler Seat