997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My fast lap at Carolina Motorsports Park - VIDEO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 08:57 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
My fast lap at Carolina Motorsports Park - VIDEO

Hey guys,

I've never used YouTube before, so I started playing with it today. I put up my fastest time that I've gotten on video at CMP, which is a 1:53. However, the lap's messier than normal. Weird. Anyway, I'm trying all this new technology out. I'm not proud of the line I took here, but I didn't get a ton of video and this is the best I got.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYtiznxtxto

Old 10-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
I enjoyed your video. Other than the 2nd turn, your lines appear good.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Tom(Atl) is infamous around these parts
Cool vid, and surprisingly great quality. What kind of camera was it? How did you mount it?

Old 10-17-2007, 11:21 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah. Actually the first turn and the last. This was before a good amount of work (seats and harnesses, suspension tuning, IPD plenum, etc). I hope I'd be good for a 1:49 on another open lap like this one that I ran clean now.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 AM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
sweet

Nice video, car seems very quick.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Tom(Atl)
Cool vid, and surprisingly great quality. What kind of camera was it? How did you mount it?
It was a Canon HD MiniDV of my buddy's filmed with the lens that sticks to your windshield. I don't know too much. Sorry. It did turn out well though.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:27 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Nice Lap! Now, what was the expletive that you uttered as you came around turn 14?

BTW, the camera system was by Hoyt Tech and the Camera was a high def Canon HV20.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Tom(Atl) is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blakt out
... with the lens that sticks to your windshield...
?!??!?!
I would love to use a lens that sticks to your windshield. It sounds like it would fly off over the first bump though, I'm amazed the marshals allowed it.

Can you please find out more about this and tell us?! I'd greatly appreciate it.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks Dan. you're the man. Tom, Dan is actually the owner of the camera. So he can tell you everything about. It's great. That's all I know.