997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Turbo Wheels with 305/30-19 tires on C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:19 PM
elh0102 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan Baylis
997 Narrow bodied cars equiped with 19" wheels have 295/30 19 tires in the rear except when you order the car with Carrera Sport wheels (8.5x19 front and 11.5x19 rear). With Carrera Sport wheels installed narrow body 997 cars have 305/30 19 tires.
Correct. My C2S came with Sport wheels and 305/30 tires.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Vegasguy is infamous around these parts

997 Narrow bodied cars equiped with 19" wheels have 295/30 19 tires in the rear except when you order the car with Carrera Sport wheels (8.5x19 front and 11.5x19 rear). With Carrera Sport wheels installed narrow body 997 cars have 305/30 19 tires.
Thanks for your response. Perhaps you can also look into the Turbo wheel situation. Both the Carrera Sport and the Turbo wheel options, according to the Porsche web-site, are suppose to come with the 305 tire. I'm still trying to find out why I didn't get the 305's on my '08 C2S with the Turbo wheel. The dealer said the 305 tire is not put on the C2S with either wheel option, which as you pointed out, is wrong. At least regarding the Carrera Sport wheel. No-one seems to know for sure about the Turbo wheel. I've contacted PCNA. They haven't responded as of yet.
I was just curious at first, but now I'm becoming quite concerned that something's wrong here!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:40 PM
elh0102 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vegasguy
Thanks for your response. Perhaps you can also look into the Turbo wheel situation. Both the Carrera Sport and the Turbo wheel options, according to the Porsche web-site, are suppose to come with the 305 tire. I'm still trying to find out why I didn't get the 305's on my '08 C2S with the Turbo wheel. The dealer said the 305 tire is not put on the C2S with either wheel option, which as you pointed out, is wrong. At least regarding the Carrera Sport wheel. No-one seems to know for sure about the Turbo wheel. I've contacted PCNA. They haven't responded as of yet.
I was just curious at first, but now I'm becoming quite concerned that something's wrong here!
I think you might be a bit too concerned about a 10 mm difference. I know Michelin PS2's in 305/30 have been in short supply in the replacement market, and maybe that has caused some interruption in OE supply too. But you'll never feel the difference from less than one-half inch in tire width.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by elh0102
I think you might be a bit too concerned about a 10 mm difference. I know Michelin PS2's in 305/30 have been in short supply in the replacement market, and maybe that has caused some interruption in OE supply too. But you'll never feel the difference from less than one-half inch in tire width.
Thanks for your response. Actually, my concern has more to do with what you pointed out about the Michelin 305/30 being in short supply. Just suppose, again just suppose, my C2S left the factory with 305's on it as per the Turbo wheel option, but when the car is delivered to me, it only has 295's???.
That's why I've become quite concerned. Can you imagine if Porsche says C2S's with Carrera Sport and Turbo wheels are being shipped from the factory with 305's, but people are only getting 295's when their P-car is delivered to them.
Or, there's such a shortage of the 305's that Porsche stopped putting them on some cars, even after people have paid for the wheel option. Again just a supposition (but I'd like to know for sure).
I'll post what the Porsche company says when I hear from them.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:52 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Just for people to know, you can put a turbo widebody wheel(51mm offset) with 305 on a narrowbody car. I have aftermarket wheels with a 50mm offset and 305 on a narrow body and it is at the edge off the fender( does not stick out from fender). No issue with rubbing and the car is lowered... I know your question was more about what tire size come from the factory but just wanted to put this out there.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:22 PM
ApexHunter is infamous around these parts
My 07 S came with the turbo wheel option and 295's from the factory. It also has the spacer option, which really makes the fit perfect.

Also, if you got PSE, pull the orange plug. AMAZING......

>>>Apex.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:24 PM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I believe there are actually two versions of the Turbo wheels - if you order them as an option on a C2 they should come with the correct narrowbody offsets. His question was whether or not the wheels should have come with 305's mounted and not 295's - again I think the option for the C2 includes 295's not 305's. As already stated the 305's will fit as long as you have the narrow body offset.
You are correct.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:09 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Thanks for your response. Actually, my concern has more to do with what you pointed out about the Michelin 305/30 being in short supply. Just suppose, again just suppose, my C2S left the factory with 305's on it as per the Turbo wheel option, but when the car is delivered to me, it only has 295's???.
That's why I've become quite concerned. Can you imagine if Porsche says C2S's with Carrera Sport and Turbo wheels are being shipped from the factory with 305's, but people are only getting 295's when their P-car is delivered to them.
Or, there's such a shortage of the 305's that Porsche stopped putting them on some cars, even after people have paid for the wheel option. Again just a supposition (but I'd like to know for sure).
I'll post what the Porsche company says when I hear from them.
I'll be curious about the response also - what you'll probably hear is that the configurator is wrong and that the turbo wheel option on the C2 comes with 295's as standard. As far as the conspiracy theory, I don't think dealers would go to the time and expense of dismounting and mounting tires just to acquire some 305's.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
I do see what you are talking about on the configurator. Option 404 does show a 305/30 19 tire with the Turbo wheel. If this is not a typo then it is new for 2008. I agree that it is probably an error on the web site. I believe that all of the wheel/tire options are listed in your owners manual.
The Carrera Sport wheel for the 997 is 11.5" wide in the rear versus all of the other designs which are 11" wide. The 305/30 19 tire is always supplied when the Carrera Sport wheel option is chosen.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:28 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
again just suppose, my C2S left the factory with 305's on it as per the Turbo wheel option, but when the car is delivered to me, it only has 295's???..
i am sure the web page is mistaken. i would doubt any dealer would go out of their way to change your tires. as many stated, maybe better off with 295 anyway. don't worry too much, they will all be gone when the car arrives!!

Old 10-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
I am now convinced that it is a typo on the configurator. I spec'd the Turbo wheel on a Cayman S and it shows the same information, 11x19 with 305/30 19 which is incorrect. The Turbo wheel for the Cayman is 9.5x19 with 265/35 19.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:01 AM

I am now convinced that it is a typo on the configurator. I spec'd the Turbo wheel on a Cayman S and it shows the same information, 11x19 with 305/30 19 which is incorrect. The Turbo wheel for the Cayman is 9.5x19 with 265/35 19.
Thanks for your time and effort. I'm sure you're right, now that I've read your info, and looked at the situation rationally. I feel a lot better now, and happy again. (My 1st P-car!!)
I'll still post the response from the Company, just so everyone will know the official response.
Speaking of rational, that was rather goofy thinking on my part about the Dealers. Sincere apologies for any offense to anyone.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:02 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Thanks for your time and effort. I'm sure you're right, now that I've read your info, and looked at the situation rationally. I feel a lot better now, and happy again. (My 1st P-car!!)
I'll still post the response from the Company, just so everyone will know the official response.
Speaking of rational, that was rather goofy thinking on my part about the Dealers. Sincere apologies for any offense to anyone.
Enjoy it - drive hard and fast and you'll be looking for 305 replacement tires before you know it.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:36 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
On a C2S (ie not 4S) the only way to get the 305 tire from Porsceh is with the Carrera Sport wheels. However the 305 will fit the 2S Turbo wheels no problem.

I have the 11.5x19 Carrera Sport which came with 305's are there is plenty of room for these size tires.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned
Edgy01 is infamous around these parts
When I ordered my Carrera S I changed the order to the XRR Carrera Sports in order to get the wider wheels (8.5 F, 11.5 rear). The rears are actually wider then the turbo wheels as supplied on the 997TT (which are 11 in). Of course, the Carrera Sports came with 305 tires. I have yet to have a supply problem when it was time to replace them.

Dan

Attached Images  

Last edited by Edgy01; 10-22-2007 at 09:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo Wheels with 305/30-19 tires on C2S