997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Return of the Ugly Blacked out 997s Need wheel help! :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2007 | 12:08 AM
ModHog is infamous around these parts
Already said but dont go iForged go HRE. And Antz 997 looks incredible! Enjoy.

Old 10-24-2007 | 12:30 AM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
sorry but I'm thinking honda when i look at your car. Why don't you get a diiferent car for blackout mania? Different mods look good for different cars.

Old 10-24-2007 | 12:07 PM
|
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sandwedge
sorry but I'm thinking honda when i look at your car. Why don't you get a diiferent car for blackout mania? Different mods look good for different cars.
To be honest I have this car for another 6-8 months and a Turbo will be here. So I dont want to put money in that I will regret or anything I can do to put back to stock easy. I will mod the Turbo since I will keep that forever... or so I think. I go threw cars like my underwear :/

Old 10-24-2007 | 01:45 PM
drop997stop is infamous around these parts
Iforged

In Iforged's defense, the quality if the wheels has gotten a whole lot better from the days the stories came out. Every company has problems with wheels just like HRE. The price you pay for Iforged is worth taking another look at them

Old 10-24-2007 | 01:56 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drop997stop
In Iforged's defense, the quality if the wheels has gotten a whole lot better from the days the stories came out. Every company has problems with wheels just like HRE. The price you pay for Iforged is worth taking another look at them
If they only had problems with the wheels I would agree with you but the stories I've read are just as much about atrocious customer service or total lack thereof. Kinda sucks to buy defective wheels for $5K and then having to deal with ****** trying to get things right. If you could even find a ***** to deal with. Some just got recorded messages for weeks.

Old 10-24-2007 | 05:19 PM
Pepper Brooks is infamous around these parts
I am always amazed at the lengths to which someone will to eff up a 100k car that is prefection as is from the factory.

Old 10-24-2007 | 05:50 PM
Antz_997s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by globalm3
Ok so everyone flamed me for having my headlights tinted so I took them off. It does look better this way and I will be putting carbon fiber rings around them to see how that looks. I added fabspeed bypass mufflers and BMW intake and the car sounds nuts!

So I am ordering IForged wheels and need some advice please.

I will put a red polished lip on it with mat black or black center.
Should I do this or just go chrome or straight black etc..?
Which IForged wheel should I go with?
Should I get blacked out mirrors carbon fiber or just the carbon fiber inlits?

What you guys think of the non blacked out headlights?
globalm3, your car looks much better now without the tinted headlights. Whats BMW intake that you installed on your car? Did you retrofit it to your car?

Regarding the wheels, Iforged not only has a bad reputation for its quality but also their customer service. My friend's iforged has some problems of its finishes when he first received it and it took him more than 3 months to resolve the matter with Vince (the owner) at Iforged.

My buddy just installed a set of VIP modulare wheels on his Cayman S and he is very pleased with the quality and finishes of the wheels. And i heard it took him only 2-3 wks to custom build the wheels! Gd luck in your decision! Let us know when your 997tt has arrived.

Old 10-24-2007 | 06:03 PM
|
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Antz_997s
globalm3, your car looks much better now without the tinted headlights. Whats BMW intake that you installed on your car? Did you retrofit it to your car?

Regarding the wheels, Iforged not only has a bad reputation for its quality but also their customer service. My friend's iforged has some problems of its finishes when he first received it and it took him more than 3 months to resolve the matter with Vince (the owner) at Iforged.

My buddy just installed a set of VIP modulare wheels on his Cayman S and he is very pleased with the quality and finishes of the wheels. And i heard it took him only 2-3 wks to custom build the wheels! Gd luck in your decision! Let us know when your 997tt has arrived.
lol I meant BMI air filter im an idiot... im like how did he know I had a M3 but then it says it in my sig

Old 10-24-2007 | 06:04 PM
|
Originally Posted by Pepper Brooks
I am always amazed at the lengths to which someone will to eff up a 100k car that is prefection as is from the factory.
You must not know the joy of moding a car.... why are you on this forum anyway?

Old 10-25-2007 | 09:43 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Antz_997s

Antz,

I think Stewy kicks ***, just like the next guy... but with a car like yours... throw it in the avatar, for cryin out loud!

Jared

And, (this isn't to Antz at all), are any other of you college grads amazed at how many misspellings their are on this forum, a forum that should contain intelligent, well-educated people? How funny. I am also on a 240Z (Datsun) forum, and it is so crazy. They can spell better than the 997 guys.

Old 10-25-2007 | 09:56 PM
TripleInboard is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blakt out
Antz,

I think Stewy kicks ***, just like the next guy... but with a car like yours... throw it in the avatar, for cryin out loud!

Jared

And, (this isn't to Antz at all), are any other of you college grads amazed at how many misspellings their are on this forum, a forum that should contain intelligent, well-educated people? How funny. I am also on a 240Z (Datsun) forum, and it is so crazy. They can spell better than the 997 guys.
Blakt_out,

That is an interesting observation. In my opinion we live in an era where more emphasis is put on our verbal skills. This not only includes our ability to be articulate and eloquent with the spoken word, but also the ability to interpret and speak a variety of different languages. Personally I would prefer to have a great speaking ability over spelling. This is probably further supported by the fact that almost everything has a spell checker built into it these days. ;-)

BTW, your ride is sick!

Old 10-25-2007 | 11:04 PM
are any other of you college grads amazed at how many misspellings their are on this forum
LOL......

Old 10-26-2007 | 12:07 AM
WTRacing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wizo
My 2 cents'

I would probably lighten the tint on those items if you really want to keep it that way or at least lighten the tint on the rear ones. My personal opinion would be just to buy the all red lights from Suncoast that would match your red quite nicely. Then I would buy the carbon mirror housing which look great on a red car...DO NOT BUY IFORGED WHEELS!!...They have a nasty reputation of not being round of having imperfections in them that translate miserably back to the steering and feel of the car. Go HRE or work or maybe Modulare...There are plenty of other wheel companies out there that produce better wheels. IFordged are know for their huge lips and they have nice designs but lately for some reason people have had problems with customer service and quality.
Like to see a blacked out wheels with crome lip to emphasis your calipers. Probably can sell those turbo wheels to someone, those are really nice wheels to begin with.
If you like your exhaust and intake, I would reccomend the sport cats. They woke up my exhaust and it sounds a lot better.

Red porsches to me have a certain prestige to them. They make a statement much llike white or yellow. Tinted lights do offer a muscle car feel to it and since you have a $100K+ car it does really suite it too well. However, to each their own and if you like your current project and what you are doing to it, you dont need us to tell you what the norm is. Might be an incredible final product once all the pieces are glued together.

By the way one of my favorite red porsches eva! - This is Antz 997s's car and I hope he does not mind me showing everyone--he posted this pics before...

WooooW, beautiful

Old 10-26-2007 | 07:50 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Old 10-26-2007 | 03:27 PM
|
Originally Posted by sandwedge
LOL......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Return of the Ugly Blacked out 997s Need wheel help! :)