997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Return of the Ugly Blacked out 997s Need wheel help! :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2007 | 09:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
PLEASE don't go with Iforged!

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 10-26-2007 | 09:17 PM
euroaaron12 is infamous around these parts
why would you smoke the tail lights when there already red to match the color of the car????

Old 10-27-2007 | 01:00 AM
997SFighter is infamous around these parts
globalm3- your car is an extension of you, if you love it thats all that matters. You cant go around trying to please everyone. Lucky for you the mods you did were cheap and if you dont like it after a while its not much of a loss. By the way i did have the tail lights blacked out but left the clear exposed...I ended up taking them off because it gave the car a cheap look. You have a really nice car just the way you bought it, the way i see it why spend $$ on a body kit, and crazy mods that will cost around $10,000 when i could have put that ten grand on my purchase price to get a GT3 that comes with a Kit and added HP

Old 10-27-2007 | 01:12 AM
lsbe36 is infamous around these parts
Just go w/ DPE:

Old 10-27-2007 | 07:41 AM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by globalm3
To be honest I have this car for another 6-8 months and a Turbo will be here. ... I go threw cars like my underwear :/
When I saw this thread I thought, "Dritan changes cars like I change underwear."

Well, maybe he changes more often but one of these days I will get that coveted third pair!

Another beauty of a car Dritan.

Old 10-27-2007 | 09:34 AM
|
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lee2375
PLEASE don't go with Iforged!
The price is so damn competitive... I actually dont think I will put wheels since I "think" I got a 08 spot for a GT3

globalm3- your car is an extension of you, if you love it thats all that matters. You cant go around trying to please everyone. Lucky for you the mods you did were cheap and if you dont like it after a while its not much of a loss. By the way i did have the tail lights blacked out but left the clear exposed...I ended up taking them off because it gave the car a cheap look. You have a really nice car just the way you bought it, the way i see it why spend $$ on a body kit, and crazy mods that will cost around $10,000 when i could have put that ten grand on my purchase price to get a GT3 that comes with a Kit and added HP
very well said, thanks!

When I saw this thread I thought, "Dritan changes cars like I change underwear."

Well, maybe he changes more often but one of these days I will get that coveted third pair!

Another beauty of a car Dritan.
I hope you change them more often you going to the rally?

[quote]

Old 10-27-2007 | 10:18 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lsbe36
Just go w/ DPE:

That's one of the most gorgeous cars I've ever seen.

Old 10-27-2007 | 11:22 AM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by globalm3
I hope you change them more often you going to the rally?
No, I'm committed to some business travel.

Old 10-27-2007 | 11:28 AM
neuro is infamous around these parts
Just go w/ DPE:

Does anyone have these on their car. And do you guys think these are 20" or bigger. They look bigger than most 20's to me

Old 10-27-2007 | 12:34 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I cant take looking at these tinted lights anymore. I think it is the cheesiest thing you can do to a car, especially a Porsche.

It 10000% INMO (and yes opinions are well ya know like.....) rice-a-roni

Old 10-27-2007 | 12:35 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Just go w/ DPE:

great pshop BTW! You have skills!

Old 10-27-2007 | 12:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blakt out
That's one of the most gorgeous cars I've ever seen.
the wheels are photoshopped...it is originally a TechArt photo, and this car has 20s....i think the size of the wheel was artificially "enhanced"

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TECHART_Turbo_Front.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	52141  

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 10-27-2007 | 12:48 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
LOL don't be so hard on yourself, some people just suck at modding just messin with ya!

IMO dark tints look horrible, having such a bright color car and so many blacked out features just makes a lot more pronounced, doesn't flow as well and gives the too much aftermarket type look, at least to me!

Go with some champion wheels, or some sick one piece wheels with an aggressive offset, HRE just came out with a set that would be stunning on your car in all black.

If you want some contrasts go for some gf bits, mirrors/wing and rear diffuser (I believe its a diffuser and not full bumper)? I'll post pics when I get home but car is nice man!

Old 10-27-2007 | 04:11 PM
|
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLM3
LOL don't be so hard on yourself, some people just suck at modding just messin with ya!

IMO dark tints look horrible, having such a bright color car and so many blacked out features just makes a lot more pronounced, doesn't flow as well and gives the too much aftermarket type look, at least to me!

Go with some champion wheels, or some sick one piece wheels with an aggressive offset, HRE just came out with a set that would be stunning on your car in all black.

If you want some contrasts go for some gf bits, mirrors/wing and rear diffuser (I believe its a diffuser and not full bumper)? I'll post pics when I get home but car is nice man!
thanks for all the input

Old 10-27-2007 | 04:16 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, you get beat up around here and keep coming back for more! And you're a nice guy about it! I applaud you. Thankfully, they've been really kind to me!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Return of the Ugly Blacked out 997s Need wheel help! :)