997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Stock 997 C2S vrs F430 (no video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 04:18 PM
vtecsti is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gravedgr
I respect anyone who paid for it themselves, with money they made themselves. I'm also curious what you do for a living - I sure didn't have $90k to blow on a car @ 22. As someone else mentioned, I have no respect for anyone who was given the car - these are the people who grow up with "entitlement" mentalities, and usually the ones who wrap it around a pole because they have no respect for it.
I work for this company Alutiiq Security and Technology. We install security systems in Nation Guard Amory vaults and ASP's. I have worked in KS for 8 months(****ing hated it besides KC), TX for over a year(loved it), and now i'm in Hattiesburg MS about to installed a security system to protect the ammo and weapons in 23 bunkers at Camp Shelby. I just recently got my Secret Security Clearance. I've been with the company for 2 years.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:36 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Nice. I think maybe I could have done a job where I lived in different places when I was younger, but not any more.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Nice. I think maybe I could have done a job where I lived in different places when I was younger, but not any more.
Yeah it kind of sucks sometimes. The food perdiem, paycheck, free insurance, and a free place to live makes it all worth while. Not to mention how much fun i have at work and the short days. The g/f is 9 hours from here and my house is 9 hours from here...or parents. I'm saving for a house, but i'm not sure where i want to live so i don't want to make any commitments just yet. I would love to go back to school though, and get a four year degree. I can't live on the road forever.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:09 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by globalm3
Im 24 whats age have to do with anything?
Yep. 29 here. Had the car for a year and a half too. Self made too. Nobody bought it for me. Just had to say. I'm a little sensitive to the young guy comments. However, guys who just live in the OC and their daddy bought them whatever they wanted... that pisses me off too. I build, market and sell resort communities.

Last edited by blakt out; 11-08-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:47 AM
MODFIED is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mass
I'm not sure what is more annoying: the fact that a dumbass 22 yr old is "allowed" to buy a porsche, or the fact that some dumbass company is "allowed" to pay an idiot with a 2 year degree enough money to buy a porsche. Only in sales and loan brokerage would you ever have someone who is 22 making more than 50k a year. I hope in 10 yrs you're back living at home bragging about how in one year you "made" 200k selling ****. (**** can be replaced with any other noun".
Oh boy.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:57 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's more annoying to hear guys that took too long to get where they want to be, only to finally buy the car that they wanted 'way back when' during their midlife crisis years and then find some way through their regrets to ***** at the guys who did it right the first go 'round. Are all 22 year olds dumbasses? What makes HIM a dumbass? His initial post? Hey, maybe the F430 WAS in snow and ice mode. Who knows. Why bve a *****? But here's a clue into the sales world. Over 90% of people fail. They can't do it. It's extremely hard on those that don't have the 'right stuff'. But that rare person that can continually connect with his audience enough to get them to shell out money on a regular basis (instead of shelling it to a competitor... and the sales person is a HUGE factor in that), SHOULD make that kind of money. It isn't that a company is 'allowed' to pay them that much (what a dumb comment too... like a company wants to pay more than they have to), but that rare person is so valuable on a ground level to a company's success that, if they don't pay them that money their competitors will. Sales people are the fingers of a company. They have a huge hand in making products better, as they get the direct feedback of their buying public. I don't mean this next point in any way to demean another profession, but as a defense of our special profession that you obviously don't understand. But anyone that makes good grades through school can go to law school or med school or whatever. They continue to do well there and come out a lawyer or doctor. They will likely make good money and be successful to a certain degree. This doesn't have a TON to do with genetics. Yes, they have to be smart. But other factors can be learned, like discipline, and the path to success has road signs all over it. Sales isn't like that. You either have that DNA or you don't... the DNA required to be hugely successful. Then, you have to add discipline to that, as well as make sure you have a good mentor group to help you understand how to succeed in down markets, through bad times such as a divorce, etc. In the end, yes, sales people are the largest piece of the 'elite earners' pie. But they are special. Anyone can explain the facts of a product. But to be able to reach in and, through urgency, isolation of their benefits offered, and some emotional touch, and get the money time and again in a very competitive market... that's special, especially in a capitalistic society. So, ***** all you want. Truth is, I'm assuming you just went to school too long and took the long way to life because you didn't have that rare DNA. If you did, you wouldn't have made this idiotic post.

Word.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:59 AM
666666 is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure what is more annoying: the fact that a dumbass 22 yr old is "allowed" to buy a porsche, or the fact that some dumbass company is "allowed" to pay an idiot with a 2 year degree enough money to buy a porsche. Only in sales and loan brokerage would you ever have someone who is 22 making more than 50k a year. I hope in 10 yrs you're back living at home bragging about how in one year you "made" 200k selling ****. (**** can be replaced with any other noun".
Stop drinking that haterade. The way i see it if im such a dumbass why did i see the opportunity to make money before you. When you were my age this opportunity was around, but you missed it. Yes im 23 and have the same car as you, and i probably can afford it more than you could too. I have my masters degree, my own business, three properties in california, A P-997S 103k dollars (paid off). Look im glad your wife "allowed" you to live beyond your means during your midlife crisis, But the lease is almost up and youll be having to come back down to earth soon. By the way lets talk about you for a change, What is it that you do? what part of california are you from? And how are you not a dumbass?

Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 AM
This post speaks for its self. $70k+ a year, free place to live, and no bills. Whats not to love at 22 years old? Stop hating. Don't be all butt-hurt to the fact that a 22 year old could buy his own house, or a $100k car. Just be proud he's not spending it on drugs and hookers

Old 11-08-2007, 12:05 PM
1. I'm not a kid, I don't use words like "hating".
2. See point 1 in regards to "butt-hurt"
3. Is there anyone under age 30 who speaks normal f'in english anymore or is it just some urban mix of ****.

I'd rather he spent it on drugs and hookers.

Urban mix of **** . Where? "Don't be angry with the fact that a 22 year old can make and manage his own money"? Is that better than "hating"? Also i've heard plenty of people say "butt-hurt". What should i have said in its place? "angry? Perhaps pissed off? And one more thing...why are u so angry? I don't understand. Did you just turn 40 and finally have the disposable income to "lease" a Porsche? I don't understand

Old 11-08-2007, 12:11 PM
The DNA I seem to be missing is brains? Funny. Actually, I'm a card carrying Mensan. 181. No ****.
OK. I don't get the 342324342 thing. Anybody else? But I don't sell mortgages. Again, I've already posted what I do. I don't know why you're angry, or cut on this guy. I don't know why you're angry, or what happened to you that makes you so angry at guys that figured it out quicker. And to make the comment that a 22 year old CANNOT be worth more than $50k? Good grief, man. My question is, how did YOU get a Porsche? Dumbass obviously isn't age-dependent. Read my post. Maybe it will take you a while, but it's worth it. And no, it's not from a college that I speak, but thanks. I get paid TWO COMMAS for recruiting and training expert sales people. How about this for an idea... let's assume three things: Person A is really smart. He can do whatever he wants. He wants to make money as quickly as possible and control his own schedule. Given those three things, he's going to go into sales, assuming it's not a crazy niche like being a basketball player (or rapper, right?). Although it's feast or famine, although it's dog eat dog, although you ONLY make money if you are successful... it's the most rewarding for the best and you can come straight into it and kick ***. No climbing a corporate ladder. So, I know I'm right here. Question is, which of these three things didn't YOU qualify for? Obviously the third one you qualify for, because your love for money is making you so angry at a young guy with some. You took this good forum totally off topic and into a hateful atmosphere. So is it simply the lack of intelligence, or the lack of ability/personality, or both?

And I'll end on another simple word for you.

Boom.

Last edited by blakt out; 11-08-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:48 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blakt out
The DNA I seem to be missing is brains? Funny. Actually, I'm a card carrying Mensan. 181. No ****.
OK. I don't get the 342324342 thing. Anybody else? But I don't sell mortgages. Again, I've already posted what I do. I don't know why you're angry, or cut on this guy. I don't know why you're angry, or what happened to you that makes you so angry at guys that figured it out quicker. And to make the comment that a 22 year old CANNOT be worth more than $50k? Good grief, man. My question is, how did YOU get a Porsche? Dumbass obviously isn't age-dependent. Read my post. Maybe it will take you a while, but it's worth it. And no, it's not from a college that I speak, but thanks. I get paid TWO COMMAS for recruiting and training expert sales people. How about this for an idea... let's assume three things: Person A is really smart. He can do whatever he wants. He wants to make money as quickly as possible and control his own schedule. Given those three things, he's going to go into sales, assuming it's not a crazy niche like being a basketball player (or rapper, right?). Although it's feast or famine, although it's dog eat dog, although you ONLY make money if you are successful... it's the most rewarding for the best and you can come straight into it and kick ***. No climbing a corporate ladder. So, I know I'm right here. Question is, which of these three things didn't YOU qualify for? Obviously the third one you qualify for, because your love for money is making you so angry at a young guy with some. You took this good forum totally off topic and into a hateful atmosphere. So is it simply the lack of intelligence, or the lack of ability/personality, or both?

And I'll end on another simple word for you.

Boom.

It only took me a year to teach people how to invest, get in RE and take avantage of teh declining market..
I'm 7 yrs older than you but Kudos to you for figuring it out early in life..
Right now just working on my retirement and expanding my real estate portfolio.. my friend is a builder in Colorado, and were starting a retirement highrise in asia, after that no more worky for me..

So funny these people think real estate/investments is peanuts..
Here where I live $50K is just one client ,a refi and one rental investment purchase.... and i do those at least 2, sometimes 4 in one month.
and that;s part time.. I'm still in my IT job slacking...hahaha

This is what convinced me to get into Real Estate and invest at the same time.. Einstein's Rule of 72..

72/ interest of money = no of years your money will double....

so at 4% interest your money saved will double in 18 years

Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Kudos to you, man. That's great. This stuff is hard, and I have immediate respect for anyone, regardless of age, that is figuring it out. I have investment property all around, but mainly make mine from my company that I started which serves as a complete one-stop-shop for developers. We offer everything from market studies to amenity design consultation to road engineering advisement to HUD filings and club documentation, as well as a pure and thoroughbred sales force that only works on that one project and a very in depth system that responds immediately to market changes and trends. In addition, we also do all of the marketing for these developments in house, both creation and media buying with a very effective accuracy and success tracking program that we developed ourselves.

Not peanuts, that is for sure. And I started this, (how funny) when I was 22.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
LaCayenne59 is infamous around these parts
OK, I got this out of my system. No more mean comments.
You're the one calling a 22 year old a "dumbass" for being able to afford a p-car at his age, and you want us to belive that he is the idiot?

And to the other guys wasting time writing replies to this guy, dont even bother his head is already too far up his behind.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:21 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blakt out
Kudos to you, man. That's great. This stuff is hard, and I have immediate respect for anyone, regardless of age, that is figuring it out. I have investment property all around, but mainly make mine from my company that I started which serves as a complete one-stop-shop for developers. We offer everything from market studies to amenity design consultation to road engineering advisement to HUD filings and club documentation, as well as a pure and thoroughbred sales force that only works on that one project and a very in depth system that responds immediately to market changes and trends. In addition, we also do all of the marketing for these developments in house, both creation and media buying with a very effective accuracy and success tracking program that we developed ourselves.

Not peanuts, that is for sure. And I started this, (how funny) when I was 22.

When I was 22, i was slacking big time.. i just started in IT as tech support, i thought that was the ****!! hahaha
It's true, its very hard especially if youre surrounded by negativity,
people are dropping off the biz left and right, they dont realize that surviving
this market were in now, will make them very strong and they will shine when the market picks up... the only mistake you will make in RE is quit..

Old 11-08-2007, 02:20 PM
666666 is infamous around these parts
Yeah Mass i dont deal in real estate either my businesses are homes for the care industry. if you want pm me ill give you a tour of my homes, and if your good ill offer you a higher paying job. I cant wait to meet you at an OC meet, then you can enlighten me with what it is you do? you've been hiding that from us why don't you explain. Let me guess you are a rocket scientist from JPL? Tell your wife im at Sutra in Newport tonight i love Hot moms. She probably wants a man thats not intimidated by others with money. Cougars at Sutra are redic. who knows maybe i met her already.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stock 997 C2S vrs F430 (no video)