997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rear child seat for the 997...any new experiences?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant future
Rear seat anchors with Bose

I know this is an old thread but I'm trying to figure out how to cut the carpet to get to the rear anchors but the box for the Bose is in the way. I can only get to the top of the perforations but not those on the front of the shelf. Anybody know how to remove this Bose box/shelf? I tried just pulling on it at different angles but no luck. '08 997S

Old 06-23-2010, 12:48 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HRE_Alan
I know this is an old thread but I'm trying to figure out how to cut the carpet to get to the rear anchors but the box for the Bose is in the way. I can only get to the top of the perforations but not those on the front of the shelf. Anybody know how to remove this Bose box/shelf? I tried just pulling on it at different angles but no luck. '08 997S
i'm not sure you have to take out the bose
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ferrerid=62162

Old 06-23-2010, 01:08 AM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
can i ask what seat you are using?

after much research, i have (tentatively) discovered that the Graco Snugride should fit well in my 06 C2S (searching for a rear facing seat)... I am about to embark on my mission to fit this in the car in prep for our upcoming baby girl.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:30 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
I use the porsche seats - my kids are 6 and 3. for the back....

for rear facing, you'll need the airbag deactivation kit for the front seat and any rear facing seat will do.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant futureHRE_Alan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by brendo
i'm not sure you have to take out the bose
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ferrerid=62162
I saw this thread. In the picture posted, the car was already modified. On it you can see how the bose box is flush against the shelf but the carpet flap wraps around the front of the shelf (before it is cut and pulled up). I can't get between the the bose box and the shelf to cut the carpet.

Am I just being a moron? The back of a 911 isn't exactly the biggest work space so maybe I'm just missing something simple.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:16 PM
I saw this thread. In the picture posted, the car was already modified. On it you can see how the bose box is flush against the shelf but the carpet flap wraps around the front of the shelf (before it is cut and pulled up). I can't get between the the bose box and the shelf to cut the carpet.

Am I just being a moron? The back of a 911 isn't exactly the biggest work space so maybe I'm just missing something simple.
my understanding is that the connections are under the carpet, which is scored, and you have to feel where they are and cut down to them. i didn't do it because i have booster seats in teh back with no top tether.

i could feel where they were though.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks. I can see where they're scored. I can only get to half of the scored area. Half of it is between the Bose box and the shelf.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:21 PM
AC911 is infamous around these parts
Here is how

No worries. This is super easy. I just removed the Bose box recently.
1) Remove the covers on the two holes that says "Bose" by pulling them out.
2) There is a screw you need to remove (using star wrench). It's located underside of the hole in the Bose box. You should be able to see it at this point inside the hole with the covers taken off.
3) Again, using a star wrench, remove the two latches that the back of the back seats latch in when they are on "up" position.
4)The box should slide out.

I should let you know I have an '05 and there are no anchors there. It seems like yours have them.

Let me know if it doesn't work. I can walk you through.

Cheers!

Last edited by AC911; 06-23-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks!

Thanks! I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:36 PM
elzemeyer is infamous around these parts
This thread and pictures, were the foundation for my latest push for approval for the re-introduction of a 911 into our house as a DD.

This was a successful campaign and I wish to thank you! No really im really grateful to have found this post

Old 08-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
Yep, kids and babies love 911's.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Former Vendor
Recaro

So after worrying about the anchor for the Britax, the Britax was just too big. Had to go buy the Recaro which works fine. I pulled the bottom and back of the seat out and filled the bottom with a towel to make it sit snugly. The Recaro is only $85 compared to the $230 for Britax, one of which is now sitting in the grandparents' Cayenne. Recaro is fine. Not for long trips though. My daughter sits a little too upright to sleep well in it.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 AM
mmmatrix is infamous around these parts
Graco Nautilus

We have less selection of car seats in Canada, after trying Britax, Eddie Bauer, Radian, i was able to find a "Graco Nautilus" that fit in the back of a 07 Targa4. I removed the bottom seat cushion and used a lap belt instead of the sholder/lap belt, make installation and removal a lot easier. My son loves riding in the Targa4 and looking thru the targa top.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:32 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.amazon.com/Recaro-Vivo-Bo...797961&sr=1-11

recaro vivo.
i use it with rear back non removed but with lower part of seat removed, my son was using it since he was 3 years old, now he is 4.5 and rides it as a booster without vertical part.
it fits acceptably well.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 PM
joee76 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mmmatrix
Graco Nautilus

We have less selection of car seats in Canada, after trying Britax, Eddie Bauer, Radian, i was able to find a "Graco Nautilus" that fit in the back of a 07 Targa4. I removed the bottom seat cushion and used a lap belt instead of the sholder/lap belt, make installation and removal a lot easier. My son loves riding in the Targa4 and looking thru the targa top.
Hey, just caught your post last week on the car seat of choice for your 997. Now, I went to buy a Graco Nautilus a few days ago and could not, for the life of me, get it to it in the rear. Did you remove or modify anything ?

Any pics or advice ? I'm dying to get my two boys in the back

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear child seat for the 997...any new experiences?