997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rear child seat for the 997...any new experiences?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:58 AM
D-squared is infamous around these partsD-squared is infamous around these parts
I don't know why there's any debate on this. The Recaro Vivos fit perfectly, look super cool, and are very inexpensive. I do recommend getting a seatbelt extender, no matter which brand you choose; it'll make getting the kids in and out a breeze.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:31 AM
frontside720 is infamous around these partsfrontside720 is infamous around these parts
Sounds great. I looked at the suncoast last night an it might work. I will wait to see the pics first.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:51 PM
D-squared is infamous around these partsD-squared is infamous around these parts
pics of the recaros

The second pic shows the seat pads removed and the seatbelt extensions in place.

Attached Images   
Old 09-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
Agree w Recaro vivo for the older crowd. Once my boy is big enough, I'll be putting that in. The roundabout is good for the one thru three year old kids

Old 09-10-2011, 05:44 PM
frontside720 is infamous around these partsfrontside720 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for pictures!!! Much appreciated!! That will work for my daughter. For the roundabout... remove all cushions and use a towel? Remove base as well?

Old 09-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
Remove bottom cushion and replace w towel. Take base off roundabout. Rear seat cushion on or off, see what fits

Old 09-11-2011, 11:41 AM
thank you!!

Old 09-23-2011, 11:17 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Little one is approaching the 1st b-day. We'd like to get her into a forward facing seat mostly because she doesn't seem to like facing rearwards for any extended period of time. Also, this way, I can potentially get her into the back of the turbo
Most of the recent talk here seems to be regarding fitment in cabriolets. Anyone know of an issues fitting the Britax Roundabout forward facing in the back of a coupe?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:43 PM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook
I bought this Recaro ProSport for my 23 month old son. HE STILL MUST BE IN A FIVE POINT HARNESS, so the booster's were out of the question. I did NOT remove the back rest NOR the pad seat below. I used the anchor clamp in the rear dash and tucked a couple of BLACK TOWELS (matches the black interior of the car and the seat) and this thing is SNUG. He sits comfortably and loves riding in daddy's car. My wife (she's 5'5'') fits just fine in the front seat as well. I will snap a pick and show everyone. I cannot be happier and was surprised no one really did any write-ups as of late on these.....

here you go..... http://www.amazon.com/RECARO-ProSPORT-Combination-Harness-Booster/dp/B003S8750Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311725846&sr=8-1

To keep this thread going, my daughter just turned one on Saturday. Took her to the doc and she's listed at 21 lbs and 29 inches. She's getting big for her infant seat. I've done a lot of browsing in various threads and many people seem to go for the "modified" Britax roundabout method. I was inclined to do this, but thought, "Why even bother with convertible?" She ain't ever going to go rear facing in the 997. Plus the specs on the above say that its a pretty narrow seat at 19". It seems that the biggest challenge with our cars are how narrow the seats are. Honorable mentions on the forums are cheaper cosco searts and a maxi-cosi, but I've went ahead and have ordered the REcaro from Amazon ($230) and will get some pics and details up on my experience.

When I researched the seat, minimum requirements on front facing is 20 lbs and 27 in which works for me. This also doesn't have a bulky base that needs to be removed allowing for its narrow width. All in all, it seems like it can be a very nice solution for the p-car parent!

Old 11-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Khyron is infamous around these parts
I'm in Canada and actively searching for a 06-08 997 coupe. I need to buy a seat NOW for my current car as my 3.5 year old has outgrown her current. Obviously I'd like to get one that will also fit in the soon-to-be car.

Recaro Vivo is the obvious choice but they are not legal here.

Britax Roundabout with the based removed seems to be the next option.

Is there any other Canada approved seats that would work for a 3.5-4 year old? She's way under 40 lbs so it needs the 5 point harness instead of just the simple booster that uses a lap belt.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:24 PM
joee76 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Khyron
I'm in Canada and actively searching for a 06-08 997 coupe. I need to buy a seat NOW for my current car as my 3.5 year old has outgrown her current. Obviously I'd like to get one that will also fit in the soon-to-be car.

Recaro Vivo is the obvious choice but they are not legal here.

Britax Roundabout with the based removed seems to be the next option.

Is there any other Canada approved seats that would work for a 3.5-4 year old? She's way under 40 lbs so it needs the 5 point harness instead of just the simple booster that uses a lap belt.
Sunshine radian XT seats fit really well. I tried like 8 different car seats in Canada and these were the only ones that fit well. I removed the rear seat backs to get the car seat as far back as I could. With a towel underneath and swimming noodles behind the seat, it's not going anywhere.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:22 PM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
Name:  IMG00250-20111108-0818.jpg
Views: 2007
Size:  26.2 KB

Name:  IMG00253-20111108-0818.jpg
Views: 2028
Size:  24.7 KB

well, I got the Recaro and put it in. It was a bit of a challenge. With the seat back and cushion out it doesn't really seem to fit all that well. So I put the seat back in only, and left the seat bottom out and filled the well with a towel. The seat fit perfectly. With the seat back in, I did lose a couple of inches of space so that if I put the passenger seat back, my daughter can actually rest her feet on the seat back.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Khyron is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by joee76
Sunshine radian XT seats fit really well. I tried like 8 different car seats in Canada and these were the only ones that fit well. I removed the rear seat backs to get the car seat as far back as I could. With a towel underneath and swimming noodles behind the seat, it's not going anywhere.
I bought the Radian XT on this recomendation, no P-car yet but hopefully soon.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Banilejo is just really niceBanilejo is just really niceBanilejo is just really niceBanilejo is just really nice
Originally Posted by akim47
Attachment 162820

Attachment 162821

well, I got the Recaro and put it in. It was a bit of a challenge. With the seat back and cushion out it doesn't really seem to fit all that well. So I put the seat back in only, and left the seat bottom out and filled the well with a towel. The seat fit perfectly. With the seat back in, I did lose a couple of inches of space so that if I put the passenger seat back, my daughter can actually rest her feet on the seat back.
I have the same seat right now and love it, but no 997 yet Good to see it fits well. Very cute child by the way!

Old 11-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Tripleblack is infamous around these partsTripleblack is infamous around these parts
The Porsche seat is by far the best IMO. No mods,no seat removal necessary.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear child seat for the 997...any new experiences?