997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Cost of exhaust system install?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 08:18 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
rAJ,

kewl, let me know if you decide to get it, i would be very intersted in seeing it. Sorry i have been busy, maybe next week we can meet up or something.

raja

Old 12-17-2007, 11:25 AM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rah79
I'm looking to have a full AWE exhaust(headers,cats,muffler) install done to replace the stock. What is a reasonable price that I should expect from a descent body shop? I have never done this before and I would do it myself if it was a honda but unfortunately I'm not a pro like most of you on here.

Thanks!!!

Raj
Buy some gray ramps from Advance, a 13mm Hex head socket, Extension, Swivel Head, Ratchet, and a torque wrench is a good idea for the Header to head bolts. Took me about 3.5 Hours.

If you can do a Honda you can do this.

The only trick is the O2 sensors with a 22mm open end wrench and those are not that difficult. Just break them loose before you loosen everything else up.

And if you need to take the metal bar the cats mount to you will need a female Torx socket. But you probably don't have to remove this.

It is a really simple and straight forward job.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
rah79 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SWATDoc
"Doc-
Install will take less then 5 hours. You can wait here for it...
$382.50"

This is a quote that I received from A.W.E. concerning the very same install. I plan on having them do it when it warms up next spring!
I'm planning on having it installed Wed. for $360......he said it wil take 3 hrs if everything fits right and there is no adjustments.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by dndodd
Buy some gray ramps from Advance, a 13mm Hex head socket, Extension, Swivel Head, Ratchet, and a torque wrench is a good idea for the Header to head bolts. Took me about 3.5 Hours.

If you can do a Honda you can do this.

The only trick is the O2 sensors with a 22mm open end wrench and those are not that difficult. Just break them loose before you loosen everything else up.

And if you need to take the metal bar the cats mount to you will need a female Torx socket. But you probably don't have to remove this.

It is a really simple and straight forward job.
Thanks....I will try this some other time when I have my own place and space.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by jnx
This is correct, no PSE, then switch doesn't change sound.

If you can turn a wrench, you can do this yourself. Not difficult at all, a shop should be able to do this in less than 2 hrs max.
I don't have PSE but have stock exhause and it DOES affect the sound when I have the sport mode on/off.....has a wheezy/lounder sound when its turned on

Old 12-18-2007, 07:11 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rah79
I don't have PSE but have stock exhause and it DOES affect the sound when I have the sport mode on/off.....has a wheezy/lounder sound when its turned on
The switch is controlling your ears - with no PSE there's nothing the switch does to change the exhaust...but it does change the throttle mapping which may be the change you "hear". Without PSE, here's what Sport mode does:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
997 Sport Mode.pdf (32.5 KB, 88 views)
Old 12-18-2007, 07:14 AM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
The switch is controlling your ears - with no PSE there's nothing the switch does to change the exhaust...but it does change the throttle mapping which may be the change you "hear". Without PSE, here's what Sport mode does:
Exactly!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SWATDoc
"Doc-
Install will take less then 5 hours. You can wait here for it...
$382.50"

This is a quote that I received from A.W.E. concerning the very same install. I plan on having them do it when it warms up next spring!
That is correct. If anyone were to have the full system installed here, cost would be $382.50.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
thanks for clearing that up Jhbrennan.....that is what I was saying is that I don't have PSE according to the dealer but I was confused since I did notice a sound difference with the sport mode on/off

Old 12-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
$0, so easy you can do it yourself...did it myself on my back with ramps for a total of 3 hours. I do think with a lift you can get it done in under 2hrs. They won't charge you just 2 hrs. though, probably be closer to 3 hrs is what they will charge. So figure on $300.00..

Dave

Old 12-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
That is correct. If anyone were to have the full system installed here, cost would be $382.50.
BTW Mike..thanks for the holiday card...

Dave

Old 12-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Thumbs up AWE Installed

I had the full AWE system install today by a local shop (Currys) and it sounds mean. It has a deeper sound when I have sport mode on....already got positive feedback from the machanics. Very happy with the install....thanks to motomodz for selling me the exhaust system because I wasn't about to spend close to 5G's for brand new ones even though its worth it if you got the $$$. Well next is the softronic ECU...already have it on order

Old 12-24-2007, 04:11 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
my dealer qouted me with $900 to install PSE with x51 headers :S

Old 12-24-2007, 09:19 AM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
If they are running the wiring for the PSE it is probably not that bad of a quote.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
my dealer qouted me with $900 to install PSE with x51 headers :S
my dealer didnt want to touch it...he said they aren't big on aftermarket stuff so I went to one of the local franchise shops and very happy with them. I definately will go to them for all services and work on the car.