997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PICS: Techart Sideskirts!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 04:27 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cat1pro
These pics have inspired me. I love these side skirts. I have an 05 997 and its got the techart 20's and i want to do the front lip and side skirts. Anytips on getting a good price on this? what should I expect to pay?
Thanks for the kind words The sideskirts and lip are difficult to cut a deal on since they come directly from Techart. You could post a "Want to Buy" ad in the Parts for sale section here on 6speed and see which vendors can give you a deal on it. I went with Dan at Vivid and he gave me a pretty good deal, shipped!

In terms of paint and installation, I would choose a really good body shop that knows what they are doing. That really is the key to making the skirts and other body modifications look good on the car.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Whirlinturbin is infamous around these parts
Looks awesome! Does the front lip sit any lower to the ground than the OEM bumper? I have H&R springs and worry about any decreased ground clearance. Looks to me from the pics that it's the same height as OEM, but can you please confirm? Thanks!

Old 12-28-2007, 06:18 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
The Ruf bumper does sit close to 2 inches closer to the ground than the stock 997S bumper due to the integrated front lip. You can't park too close due to lack of clearance and it can scrape if you're not careful.

I recommend getting a clearbra and entering all driveways at an angle.

Otherwise you should be fine.

Last edited by spyder997s; 12-28-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
#1 stunna - looks siq bro.

Old 12-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Whirlinturbin is infamous around these parts
My bad, Spyder. I didn't look closely enough. From the side profile, I thought you had the TechArt front lip.

Does anyone know whether the TechArt lip lowers the front end any?

Thanks!

Old 12-29-2007, 03:19 PM
ModHog is infamous around these parts
Very nicely done. Love the Ruf front bumper. Enjoy!

Old 12-29-2007, 09:50 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Great combo! I am very happy with my GT3 front / TA side skirt setup and Body Style in San Jose CA did a fantastic job with paint and fitment:

Last edited by synergy; 12-31-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:54 PM
ak996TT is infamous around these parts
Great !!!!! Fantastic..

Old 01-11-2008, 04:40 AM
CarGuy56 is infamous around these parts
nice black 997!

Old 01-23-2008, 05:39 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
Looks nice but you need to drop the rear about another inch I think for the proper rake.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Looks nice but you need to drop the rear about another inch I think for the proper rake.
yea, i'm not into the dragster look either, but generally due to the rear engine placement, most good alignment guys will recommend a bigger gap in the rear than front on the 911. whereas say on the bimmer. you want to have the rear with a lil less gap than the front so it doesn't have the dragster rake.

i can't wait to see this dude's car with a proper wing! it's a jaw droppingly good looking ride.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Ben, you hit the nail on the head!

While it bothers me that the wheel gap is not even on both ends (front virtually has none), my Porsche service guy was reluctant to drop the rear with the same gap!

I'm not a big fan of the dragster rake, but I think it only shows up when you stare at the car at certain angles (most of the time, I'm behind the wheel ).

I agree, the wing will probably even things out. I'm still saving up for that bad boy (Ruf rear decklid)! What other wings do you think will look good?

Thanks for the compliment man!

Old 01-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by synergy
Great combo! I am very happy with my GT3 front / TA side skirt setup and Body Style in San Jose CA did a fantastic job with paint and fitment:
Synergy, your car looks awesome man. I was hoping to see it one day along with Tony's car at Santana Row. I haven't been able to make it out that early (aren't you guys hungover from Friday night?).

I'll be taking the car back into Premier this weekend for some minor touch ups, but again I think it will be too late for Santana Row.

I think there's the Treasure Island meet also on Sunday, so I may try to make it out to that one.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Ben, you hit the nail on the head!

While it bothers me that the wheel gap is not even on both ends (front virtually has none), my Porsche service guy was reluctant to drop the rear with the same gap!

I'm not a big fan of the dragster rake, but I think it only shows up when you stare at the car at certain angles (most of the time, I'm behind the wheel ).

I agree, the wing will probably even things out. I'm still saving up for that bad boy (Ruf rear decklid)! What other wings do you think will look good?

Thanks for the compliment man!
I actually think Misha makes a fantastic wing at a very nice price point. It's called the GTM wing, I believe. Very clean.

Not many cars out there I like, but yours is definitely a car I could see myself in.

What amazes me though is that Ruf still uses the cheapish looking chickenwire for their grill. I'm surprised why they don't use some sort of black diamond pattern ABS plastic OEM style that you see on VWs/Audis esp for the pennies they charge.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:03 AM
My guess is because those plastics will probably break! Well maybe not on my car, but on a real RT12 or R Kompressor at least.

I've caught some big insects, leaves, and rocks on the front dam. Nothing has been able to get through or damage it yet. I have managed to scratch my clearbra. Hopefully there won't be a dent below it. I'll find out this weekend.

I'll take a look at that wing. How's the quality of Misha's products? Any experience with it? I'm guessing that its fiberglass though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PICS: Techart Sideskirts!