997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Purschase Experience with Road Sport Supply

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 01:52 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Purschase Experience with Road Sport Supply

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick post on here regarding an experience that I had with Mike and the team at RSS. I don't want to go too into detail, because I don't want to set precedent for their generosity in specifics. I don't know if they could do exactly this every time. But I bought a part from them. I had it installed. It was defective, but was arguable whether or not I did it, the installer did it, or it came that way. They were incredible. I called in, they apologized on behalf of the product, and shipped me out another piece immediately... and it was an expensive piece. I didn't pay for that shipping, or shipping to get anything back to them. They actually just trusted me that the other piece was bad (I DID send pics though) and they told me just to scrap it and not to worry about it. I've bought from other retailers on here too. I haven't had something like this happen though, so I thought I'd make a comment. However, I've never had reason to send anything back to any of the others and they've all been incredible too. But I just had to make a note here about RSS as well as the strong relationship they must have with Cargraphic, who let them just do this without any argument. It's all impressive. Just wanted to share.

Take care, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Old 12-22-2007, 01:59 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
RSS has there stuff together. Greg over there is a pro. Knowledgable, helpful and has a real "lets get it done the best way possible" attitude. I would do business with them again. Very pleased!

Old 12-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Red Bogey is a jewel in the roughRed Bogey is a jewel in the roughRed Bogey is a jewel in the roughRed Bogey is a jewel in the rough
Sounds like the plenum? I 've worked with Mike also when I acquired one when they offered the group buy. Great guy & company to work with. Mike was very helpful w/PM the install spec's before they were actually ready to release.
Would highly recommend them for any purchase!

Old 12-22-2007, 04:03 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Nah. The plenum was perfect. It was just a bad mix in a compound on a body piece. I've dealt with them much on other things and all has been perfect.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:09 PM
daytrader is infamous around these parts
Ditto, I live close to them. Had the honor of visiting them one day last year. Greg was showing me the new facility with all the goodies. They have a 959 in a very special room and other rare Porsches.

Wonderful people to work with.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Daytrader,

Friday was a great day for us, huh? (Stock market).

I was freakin. I bought in heavy on a stock that followed the DJI last Wednesday. Finally got well into the green on Friday. It was my first day trade experience ever. I went in heavy (for a first time). Almost six figures on one stock. I was sweating for sure.

Just thought I'd throw that in there hoping you'd have pity on me and PM me your next tip!

Old 12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
If you're a beginner, don't play heavy on a stock. Especially, you haven't do research on that stock. Stay cool! Nothing is for sure. GL!!!

Old 12-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Oh, one more good advice for you, buy in blocks and keep total acct. value under 40%. Only use margin in worst case.

Old 12-22-2007, 05:04 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
For those with the plenum, do you feel it made a big difference or are the gains not noticeable?

Old 12-22-2007, 06:42 PM
I've got a broker doing it all for me, but this is my 'high risk' portion of my portfolio. Just an FYI. I'm not making any decisions, but he's using margin a good bit. As far as the plenum, I felt my engine to be more 'peppy'. Please note my mods though, in my sig, so that makes sense.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:41 AM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by M32911S
For those with the plenum, do you feel it made a big difference or are the gains not noticeable?
Yes, it was my first mod and i definitely noticed a difference.