997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ever get pulled over in a case of mistaken identity?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 08:45 AM
MCLC26 is infamous around these parts
Ever get pulled over in a case of mistaken identity?

That's apparently the problem with having a popular color (ie: black)...Apparently someone was driving a little too quick in a 'black Porsche' and someone called 911 from their cell phone...The trooper pulled over the first black Porsche he saw. After explaining that it wasn't me and I would NEVER speed on public roads, especially with my kids in the backseat - he let me go on my way...Just curious what would have happened if the kids weren't sitting in the back...No interest in taking the rap for someone else's bad driving...

I also remember a rally this summer when one of the yellow Lambo's got pulled over for the same scenario...An identical Murci way ahead of him was clocked at triple digit speeds and this other fellow got pulled over for it. I guess the trooper figured how many yellow Murci's can there be on the same stretch of road...

Anyone else ever have to deal with this scenario?

Old 12-29-2007, 08:51 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
I've always wondered how they could ticket you based on a call from a "concerned citizen" - I doubt he could have done anything other than pull you over and talk to you.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:18 AM
LamboPete is infamous around these parts
Many years ago, I got pulled over late one night in Newport Beach, CA.
The police officer was looking for a stolen "black" 911 and thought it might have been the car I was driving. After proofing who I was, and running the plates on the car, he apologized to me and I was on my way.

Just think of this, it's hard for cops too do to their job. Turned the table round. What if it was my car that got stolen that night, and the cops pulled my car over for the same reason? I would have gotten my black 911 back right?

Old 12-29-2007, 09:26 AM
abe911 is infamous around these parts
No one is going to give you a ticket based upon some report...

First they will search you out and then follow you for a while till you violate the law.
You might get pulled over and see if you are stupid enough to say that you were doing 100mph or smell alcohol on your breath...but no way will he give you a ticket because someone saw a black porsche speeding.
abe

Last edited by abe911; 12-29-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:32 AM
keevo54 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I've always wondered how they could ticket you based on a call from a "concerned citizen" - I doubt he could have done anything other than pull you over and talk to you.
They cant....the cop was flexing his muscles so to speak

Old 12-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Redlined has a spectacular aura aboutRedlined has a spectacular aura about
It happened to me in my own neighborhood. My atlas gray was mistaken for a black 993. The cop was cool...a neighbor with a "look alike P car" has not been, hence the suspicion.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:16 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Happened to me in my neighborhood as well.... In a friends Audi A4, the car was parked on the street, and I had his keys (which i was unfamiliar with) that took me a little time to open the drivers side door while he stood on the passengers side. Someone in the neighborhood called the cops telling them that I was breaking into the Audi A4 and I got pulled over by 5 cop cars as soon as i left the neighborhood!!!. After 45 minutes of talking to them about how it was his car, and a full search, they let me go......

Old 01-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
Happened to me two nights ago in my 2008 Infiniti QX56 demo. Got pulled over and asked if I had been drinking, I don't drink. Copper asked me to take a breathalizer. I said sure, no problem. He then proceeded to tell me that he only really pulled me over to see the 26" wheels on the car...

Old 01-02-2008, 01:37 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I have made it happen. Allow me to explain;

This past summer when everyone was on holiday, I was sitting in my office overlooking a big-*** parking lot. I notice this dude dressed in all black looks really suspicious as he walks around the only car currently parked on the lot. He stops and looks inside the passenger window, then the driver's window.

He starts fiddling with the trunk, manages to OPEN it after just two seconds and crawls in. At this point I'm dialing the cops with one hand and is holding my binoculars with the other. He gets out of the back, runs to the passenger door and gets down on his knees to try to fiddle with the lock. With him kneeling, my line of sight is blocked and I am still on hold with the cops, so I go "F*ck it", and run down to confront him.

- Alright what the HELL are you doing??
- I'm sorry?
- Cops are on their way d*ckhead, why don't you just w... uh, wait a second, what... are you doing with that spare?
- I have a flat tire you idiot, and I locked my keys in. See, they're right there on the seat.
- Oh. Well... okay then. Good luck with that.

And this is where I go back into my office with a face that looks as red as a stop sign.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
Haha. That's .

Old 01-03-2008, 05:28 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
That's what I plead, at least. It's becoming harder and harder for me to pull that off though... especially in the mountains of North Carolina.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:46 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jox

This past summer when everyone was on holiday, I was sitting in my office overlooking a big-*** parking lot. I notice this dude dressed in all black looks really suspicious as he walks around the only car currently parked on the lot. He stops and looks inside the passenger window, then the driver's window.

He starts fiddling with the trunk, manages to OPEN it after just two seconds and crawls in. At this point I'm dialing the cops with one hand and is holding my binoculars with the other. He gets out of the back, runs to the passenger door and gets down on his knees to try to fiddle with the lock. With him kneeling, my line of sight is blocked and I am still on hold with the cops, so I go "F*ck it", and run down to confront him.

- I'm sorry?
- Cops are on their way d*ckhead, why don't you just w... uh, wait a second, what... are you doing with that spare?
- I have a flat tire you idiot, and I locked my keys in. See, they're right there on the seat.

And this is where I go back into my office with a face that looks as red as a stop sign.
Uh, are you sure? He locks himself out and 1st thing he thinks about is "ooh, I gotta chg my tires!".

Old 01-03-2008, 07:13 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox

- I'm sorry?

hilar ious HHAHAHHAHAHAH

Old 01-26-2008, 03:19 PM
B-moreBroker is infamous around these parts
There is a bridge that connects the eastern shore of MD (beach) to Baltimore and the metro area... It is well known that the cops can't connect with radar/laser until you hit the crest so I find myself well into triple digits every time I cross it going to the beach... last time I was racing a modified Cobra and my girlfriend in my recently sold Boxster.... people in cars on the bridge actually called 9-1-1 and had the cops waiting for us on the other side... but like you said... without proof, they can't do s***

Old 01-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is infamous around these parts
It happens to me all the time but not in my car. Usually at the airports. They mistake me for a middle eastern terrorist and pull me out of the line do a complete head to toe search and then let me go, hmmmmmm they must be looking for one of my home boyz. but its a real good way to beat the long lines at the airport.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ever get pulled over in a case of mistaken identity?