997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PS2 or RE050A?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 09:51 PM
stom_m3 is infamous around these parts
lig - I understand your comment. Understand that this is my opinion as well as I tested the tires back to back and not worn to new conditions which is what most people are doing. When you get the chance to test tires on the same car back to back within 2 hours of each other, let me know what you think. Remember both tires were new, had mold release and full tread. Thanks. Going back to the PS2s felt like home.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by stom_m3
---In the end, I may be nuts but to me there is a definite difference between the RE050s and PS2s. I am just glad I don't have to wait for another 10k before going back to the PS2s.---
Thank you very much (in the Elvis tone)!

I could not agree more. By far the worse tires I have ever encountered w/o question in my opinion. I would not take a set for free!

As with many non-thinkers, some become so brand conscious that they fail to question the validity of their own beliefs!

Remember it's Bridgestone/Firestone. Remember all the Explorer tires that failed!

No thanks.

It's great that you were able to get out of that fiasco. Thanks for sharing and validating my experience.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Thank you very much (in the Elvis tone)!

I could not agree more. By far the worse tires I have ever encountered w/o question in my opinion. I would not take a set for free!

As with many non-thinkers, some become so brand conscious that they fail to question the validity of their own beliefs!

Remember it's Bridgestone/Firestone. Remember all the Explorer tires that failed!

No thanks.

It's great that you were able to get out of that fiasco. Thanks for sharing and validating my experience.
It was an issue with the Ford Explorer, not the tires. The NHTSA concluded this. In fact rollover and other tire issues with other brands continued to plague the Ford Explorer until Ford did a redisign of the Ford Explorer which seemed to have solved this. In fact a Ford Explorer today handles quite good and it has a IRS along with other geometry improvements with it's suspension. Also, alot of this was driver error as it was found that alot of the cases the tires were severely underinflated and the drivers were driving like morons weaving a 4500lb vehicle through traffic at 80+mph.

I can understand that people prefer the "feel" of one tire over another and that's fine, but Bridgestone builds a good tire. I remember when the SO3's were the rave with thier stiff sidewalls but they weighted a ton. I as well prefer the Mich PS2's for my vehicle, but my 997S has the Pirelli's on it and I think the car handles great with them. Since they cost about the same I will probably go with the PS2's.

Dave

Last edited by Dave07997S; 08-15-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
It was an issue with the Ford Explorer, not the tires. ---
If this is in fact the case why did Bridgestone pay such massive judgements?

The issue with Ford was not the Explorer but what Ford had requested of Bridgestone in terms of the tire's construction.

Thus, co-defendants, and they both paid big time.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:18 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I just put sumi htr z III's on....wonderful and cheap. For the street, quite adequate. PS2 is superior relative to the bridgestone, fwiw.

JB