997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Problem with Rusnak Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:49 AM
schicago is infamous around these parts
All we are saying is give peace a chance.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:49 PM
ecded is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Auto Director
I am truly sorry for all of you that have had poor experiences at any dealership! I've been in the business for about 20 years and never have I stayed at a dealer that I felt uncomfortable with. If there was a possibility that the dealer was conducting business dishonestly or improperly, I would leave in a heart beat! I care about people and take my job very seriously; I put my full efforts into ensuring that their service needs have been met or exceeded.

I have been at Rusnak for about 2 1/2 years. In my opinion, the Rusnak organization is a very caring group of people. They have proven to be a company of which I am proud to be associated with. I feel that our great success is a direct reflection of how we conduct business as a whole and who we choose to employ. Rusnak takes great measures to ensure that we hire only highly qualified individuals. We use all the best agencies to conduct background investigations and require physical and drug screenings before anyone is offered employment.

In addition to choosing the best applicants, we also believe that all successful businesses conduct on-going training for their employees. We have weekly in-house meetings as well as outside training events for all employee levels. We are one of only a few organizations who invite members of the BBB and other consumer agencies in to our meetings for training purposes. Only a fool would invite these agencies in to observe, inspect, and issue a report card if they were not operating a top-notch facility. We are so confident in our operations, we welcome them in and look forward to receiving our commendation.

For those of you who have had any negative experiences at Rusnak in the past, I would really appreciate you sharing them with me, even if they involve me, personally. I invite anyone who believes they were not treated fairly to discuss this either in private or on this forum. My intentions are to take care of my customers using all tools given to me from both Rusnak, as well as Porsche. I can honestly say that I have not been made aware of any negative experiences with dissatisfied customers, other than when Porsche's decides a service is not "under warranty." due to abuse or lack of maintenance (i.e., over-revs found in the vehicles DME control unit.) For these individuals, you must understand that the vehicle has a recording device intergrated into the vehicle, so there is no question that over-revs occurred. Further, we can see exactly what time in the life of the vehicle that they occurred. Porsche requires that a vehicle analysis report accompany all drivability concerns. These reports must be saved as part of the repair order process. Without this report the warranty claim will be denied. With this report, we can only share the information with the customer. Sometimes, the report reveals information that is damaging to the claim, making it impossible to claim the repair as warranty.

I need everyone to understand that I wouldn't dream of excusing your past negative experiences, especially for any that were generated from the Rusnak organization in the past. I will, however, inform you that things continue to change for the better and our goal to be the best of the best is in our blood! We appreciate our customers and we always try to do what's right.

This brings me to our situation at hand...

After reading the many posts, especially from Mr. B and his son, I feel that the decision made by Rusnak was made with very good intentions. However, I also feel that we were not truly in touch with our customer on this one. Even though the information and evidence gathered made sense for us to feel that we were not responsible, we should have looked at the bigger picture and understood that the more logical decision would have been to take care of the situation entirely. I, too, questioned how this obvious collision could have happened without anyone feeling it and I still can not explain it. I also, however, trust the people in my department and have never had a reason to doubt their honesty or integrity. I have not changed my mind regarding that belief. My decision today is for a few reasons. First, after reading all your posts, I see why there is doubt. Second, I see even more clearly where our initial errors were made by my front-line people, especially with communication. For these reasons, as well as believing in my customer, with Mr B’s permission; I would like to properly repair his vehicleat no cost to him. This means, if the bumper skin must be replaced to properly fix the vehicle, then that is what we will do. We would never allow any type of repair, other than what is proper, no matter who was paying the bill!

Principles can sometimes blur our vision, and I am thinking this is the case with this situation.

I have promised myself, as well as Mr. Rusnak, that our service department, while under my watch, will be better than it has ever been before. My goal is to be the best of the best. I will ask all of you who read this to try not tojudge us (me) based on our initial decision to only pay 50% of the repair. I intend on looking at this kind of concern differently in the future and, of course, give the customer the attention one would expect from the beginning. The walk-around is one thing that, if done properly, would have prevented this entire situation.

Once again, I apologize and wish to continue making this store better each day.

Sincerely,

Rick Baker
Service Director
Rusnak/Pasadena
Wow, it only took 10+ pages of posts to resolve this. I wish you guys at Rusnak did the same for me when the bumper of my other car being serviced there mysteriously "fell off" during a test drive by one of your Service Advisers. 12 Phone calls and 5 voicemails later you guys still ignored the issue. You really are a great dealership!

Here are some pics of the damage that was never fixed by Rusnak for those who are interested.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:27 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Really sorry to hear about your experiences guys- That blows!

I called Rusnak / Pasadena a month ago (no less than 5 times) to inquire about buying a 6yr/100k extended warranty for my '04 CTT. Reception couldn't tell me who handled their warranty policies and transferred me to random employees to figure it out for myself. My phone sessions were a ping pong game of transfers ending up in dead-end mailboxes.

Never got a single callback from the 4 different VM's, was met with rudeness by the receptionist / call operator, finally got a callback from a manager after fighting with reception to let me leave a VM. Wasn't impressed with what the manager had to say, sort of a 'so what' attitude and he acted like it was my fault for not knowing how to use the phone system, I should not depend on leaving VM's, etc...

Called The Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills, was immediatly routed to finance, left VM, got callback in 30 minutes, bought policy over phone / fax, done in 4 hours and with polite service.

Rusnack you need to really think about how you want to treat your customers and adjust your internal programs accordingly.
FYI, digital cameras are cheap, for your protection (and the protection of your customers), you should ALWAYS snap photos of customer cars when accepted for service work. What are we talking here, 2 minutes per car?

I can guarantee you will not be seeing $ for my 997 purchase or any service work on my 996 or CTT, and I do hope you eventually make some positive changes.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 03-23-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ecded
Wow, it only took 10+ pages of posts to resolve this. I wish you guys at Rusnak did the same for me when the bumper of my other car being serviced there mysteriously "fell off" during a test drive by one of your Service Advisers. 12 Phone calls and 5 voicemails later you guys still ignored the issue. You really are a great dealership!

Here are some pics of the damage that was never fixed by Rusnak for those who are interested.

I believe the Service Mgr who posted offered to put right other problems experienced by customers. Did you try him?

Old 03-23-2008, 05:40 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd really like to see if they take care of Ecded's bumper, reimbursement or something.. That is really a bummer.

I'm always happy to revisit Rusnak when things change and I've heard some bonafide positive reviews. From what I understand they used to be a pretty good dealership some time ago.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:46 AM
gt3rsjo is infamous around these parts
That Audi looks extremely low ! Or is it just the camera angle ?

Old 03-24-2008, 10:05 AM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Call the DMV

In CA, The DMV is every dealer’s worst nightmare. Their investigators are no nonsense, and can wreak havoc on a dealer if things get messy.

When I was in high school, I worked at a car dealer as a porter. The dealer sold the same car to 2 different people. The DMV came out the next day to investigate. The Gm got into a big argument, and the next thing we knew, there were state padlocks on the front gate. All sales and repairs were stopped for 2 days!!!

Call em up and see if they will call the dealer. If this ever happens in the future, immediately file a police report (hit and run if they do not know how it happened). This always seems to get their attention.

As for the 1-800-porsche - Completely useless for complaint resolution about a dealer. I’m was shocked about how limp they were and offered no help when I had a problem with a dealer.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:36 AM
ecded is infamous around these parts
Yes, the car is lowered. Every time I have dropped it off, I have told them to be careful driving it. Also, they did service it in the past without destroying the bumper.

I doubt they will fix it and at this point, I don't really care if they do. I have already changed the bumper myself at my cost. I just wanted people to know what kind of dealership they are dealing with. Telling me the bumper just "fell off" is an insult. I understand **** happens, and people make mistakes, the right way is to deal with it and move on, which Rusnak failed to do.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:31 PM
3BE
3BE is infamous around these parts
Exclamation

I'm really sorry to hear your story and trust me I know how it feels. Just today I found out that someone at the dealer stole an aftermarket park while my car was getting serviced (Century West BMW). Its scary to think that finding a dealership to trust is a job of its own. Good luck with everything and don't forget how many options as customers we have to file complaints after complaints against business that don’t do their jobs properly. (If we've been wronged of course)