997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Problem with Rusnak Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:08 AM
3BE
3BE is infamous around these parts
Update: I filed a complaint with the BBB.

Will be calling the regional manager tomorrow morning.

I was wondering if anyone has an email address for someone that is of highest ranking at Rusnak?

Thank You

Old 01-22-2008, 10:40 AM
MJS NYC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 3BE
Update: I filed a complaint with the BBB.

Will be calling the regional manager tomorrow morning.

I was wondering if anyone has an email address for someone that is of highest ranking at Rusnak?

Thank You
Check your PM

Old 01-23-2008, 12:38 AM
3BE
3BE is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the help and support but this is getting more difficult every day but I knew that when going into this. Porsche from North American called me and said they tried talking to the dealer and couldn’t do better then $500. So I ahead and emailed more people at Rusnak, and we’ll just have to see if they care about the negative publicity they’re receiving. I’m going to be contacting the regional manager tomorrow morning, and then if nothing happens after the it’ll be a lawsuit.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:28 AM
jollyjolly is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 3BE
Thanks for all the help and support but this is getting more difficult every day but I knew that when going into this. Porsche from North American called me and said they tried talking to the dealer and couldn’t do better then $500. So I ahead and emailed more people at Rusnak, and we’ll just have to see if they care about the negative publicity they’re receiving. I’m going to be contacting the regional manager tomorrow morning, and then if nothing happens after the it’ll be a lawsuit.
Just looking @ your sig -- the cars you own now -- the folks @ Rusnak are idiots. If they treated you right, you'd reward them in kind with future business.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 AM
MJS NYC is infamous around these parts
I cannot believe the dealer is so short sighted. If I were a dealer I would **** myself seeing that there are 2,000+ views on this thread - this should be more than enough reason to pay up...

Did you forward them a link to this thread?

Old 01-23-2008, 08:28 AM
2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough
I purchased a car from them in the past.

Never again.

For a couple hundred dollars of body work, they have lost thousands upon thousands of dollars.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
^^^ +1, I bought 2 cars from them and because of some stupid **** and a lameass general manager, I took my Turbo @ MSRP business elsewhere. I am proof that stupid crap like this will cost them thousands in the end.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:50 PM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 3BE
You'll spend alot more than the $500 difference on a lawsuit...
Just get the dealer to do the work at cost.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:06 PM
outtadaloop is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 500
You'll spend alot more than the $500 difference on a lawsuit...
Just get the dealer to do the work at cost.
I don't think he is concerned about the cost as much as the principle

Old 01-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by outtadaloop
I don't think he is concerned about the cost as much as the principle
If the dealer offers (or he gets them to offer) to do the work at cost (as I mentioned above) they would have made up most of the difference and accomodated him while correcting a portion of their poor attitude at the same time.

Unless he is an attorney or has one on full retainer, starting a lawsuit (for principle or not) for $500 is just foolish and a waste of his time and money.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Small claims court is cheap to file in. I believe the limit is $5000. Go ahead and sue them. If you do, give me the date and I'll show up for support. If you win you'll also get court costs. I sued (and won) a contractor that ripped my mom off. It's pretty easy to do.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Proving a car dealer damaged a bumper vs. a contractor actually ripping off someones Mom might be a bit more difficult...plus the dealer agreed to split the difference which should prove favorable to the dealer in the court's eyes especially if there is no real proof on either side.

Either way I hope you prevail

Last edited by 500; 01-25-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:53 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
You should do it, Rusnak is without a doubt incorporated. If you sue them, I believe someone high up has to be there in court if it's small claims court. They can't send a representative so for that reason alone they will cave in to make it go away. I have known dentists that have ended up in court over small billing issues and they have all had to appear in person because they were incorporated. See how that angle plays out.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
You should do it, Rusnak is without a doubt incorporated. If you sue them, I believe someone high up has to be there in court if it's small claims court. They can't send a representative so for that reason alone they will cave in to make it go away. I have known dentists that have ended up in court over small billing issues and they have all had to appear in person because they were incorporated. See how that angle plays out.
1) you first have to check with Sec of State's office (http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/business.htm) to find the correct form of business organization, the proper business name, and who their agent for service of process is.

2) You serve the agent and if none appointed, you can serve any officer of corp. Pres of corp does not need to be present; any representative of the firm knowledgeable as to the circumstances can be present at the hearing.

3) make sure to hire an independent prcess server. Do not have the court send by certified mail. No smart business person accepts certified mail!

Last edited by Gcalo; 01-26-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
In small claims you will not prevail w/o an expert witness or concrete proof to support your position. You will appear and state that they broke your bumper. They will send a lackey who will lie and say they did not. The referee will throw it out. There is a burden of proof that must be met. This is not Judge Judy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Problem with Rusnak Porsche