997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Problem with Rusnak Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:00 AM
MJS NYC is infamous around these parts
Sounds good, keep us posted...

Interestingly enough I got the marketing e-mail from Rusnak last night when I was at dinner. I forwarded it to Liz Rusnak, telling her to remove me from their database because of your experience. I'll post her reply if/when I get one.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Sisyphus is infamous around these parts
I didn't have a chance to read this entire thread thoroughly, so if someone mentioned this already I'm unwittingly repeating this, but a complaint can be filed against a shady businesses with the Attorney General of your state.

If you're from LA, look at: http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL

Old 02-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
I didn't have a chance to read this entire thread thoroughly, so if someone mentioned this already I'm unwittingly repeating this, but a complaint can be filed against a shady businesses with the Attorney General of your state.

If you're from LA, look at: http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL
This is a good suggestion but a complaint of fraud filed with the local DA's office would be faster towards resolution and would ahve more bite.

The originator of this thread has obviously been defrauded eventhough his actual claim may be based in tort for the breach of duty by Rusnak.

I'd stiil go to the DA first.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:18 PM
MichaelL is infamous around these partsMichaelL is infamous around these parts
Any dealership or independent shop that tries this sort of a dishonest trick should be shunned by everyone. This problem should be *****ed to PCNA and the local Better Business Board. Rusnak screwed up your car and they should make it right or pay someone else to do it.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:47 PM
arzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 500
If the dealer offers (or he gets them to offer) to do the work at cost (as I mentioned above) they would have made up most of the difference and accomodated him while correcting a portion of their poor attitude at the same time.

Unless he is an attorney or has one on full retainer, starting a lawsuit (for principle or not) for $500 is just foolish and a waste of his time and money.
foolish and a waste of time to who? you? no offense, but your opinion doesn't matter. I don't blame him for doing what he's doing...sometimes you just have to take a stand and I'm sure he knows the consequences.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by arzcatz3
foolish and a waste of time to who? you? no offense, but your opinion doesn't matter. I don't blame him for doing what he's doing...sometimes you just have to take a stand and I'm sure he knows the consequences.
Absolutely, unequivocally, and w/o reservation.

Rusnak is hoping he'd go away and they would do the same thing again to someone else!

Suing over $500 is not a waste of time and one need not be an attorney to do so.

As a matter of fact the California Small Claims Courts favor individuals!

Old 02-02-2008, 07:34 PM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
Doesn't matter to who? you? I certainly do not agree with your opinion but I would never say it doesn't matter; just because you don't agree with mine or anyone elses opinion doesn't mean they don't matter. This is an internet discussion forum and it is a place where many thoughts are shared, hopefully to give everyone some perspective, even if it's something different than what they may think and or feel.

I don't know how much his time is worth but I wouldn't waste it over $500 when there's a 50/50 chance the court may not rule in his favor and if I remember correctly the dealership has already agreed to split the difference with him, which most courts could find quite reasonable and fair.

The best revenge against this dealer is not buying from them ever again and warning others (as he has done here) to carefully consider even doing business with them

Something else to consider, we have only heard his side of the story and never heard the dealer's side from the dealer themselves...usually in these kind of disputes there are 3 sides...side A's, side B's and the truth somewhere in between.

As I said earlier I hope he prevails either way.

Last edited by 500; 02-02-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:07 PM
arzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 500
Doesn't matter to who? you? I certainly do not agree with your opinion but I would never say it doesn't matter; just because you don't agree with mine or anyone elses opinion doesn't mean they don't matter. This is an internet discussion forum and it is a place where many thoughts are shared, hopefully to give everyone some perspective, even if it's something different than what they may think and or feel.

I don't know how much his time is worth but I wouldn't waste it over $500 when there's a 50/50 chance the court may not rule in his favor and if I remember correctly the dealership has already agreed to split the difference with him, which most courts could find quite reasonable and fair.

The best revenge against this dealer is not buying from them ever again and warning others (as he has done here) to carefully consider even doing business with them

Something else to consider, we have only heard his side of the story and never heard the dealer's side from the dealer themselves...usually in these kind of disputes there are 3 sides...side A's, side B's and the truth somewhere in between.

As I said earlier I hope he prevails either way.
you completely missed the point of my post...and your second paragraph reflects that even more. You're absolutely right, a dealership who damages your car and refuses to pay for it is only liable for half the damage, after all, they are offering an olive branch.

there have been enough negative posts about this dealership where I don't think the posters credibility can be questioned...It's not about the $500, it's about not letting a ******* dealership run over you and steal your money.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by 500
---The best revenge against this dealer is not buying from them ever again and warning others (as he has done here) to carefully consider even doing business with them
And thanks to his advising us of his situation many of us will evade Rusnak like the plague.

Originally Posted by 500
---Something else to consider, we have only heard his side of the story ---
Owing to the fact that Rusnak has been non-responsive to him and to what has been stated here and that others on other sites have complained of similar treatment from Rusnak, there is NO other side!

Res Ipsa Loquitur- The thing speaks for itself. A legal term which helps establish the burden of proof.

I think we can all safely say we know what is transpiring here.

And yes the best medicine is to stay away from Rusnak. Most unfortunately not enough will get this message until it's too late for them.

So for you to attempt to demean and undervalue what this person has attempted to do is fully without merit.

I can tell you that if I were practicing now I'd take these cases pro bono just to make the odds even!

Old 02-02-2008, 10:44 PM
cap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant future
I have contacted a local DA office before about a similar case (Dealership neglect) . This was their email reply:

Go directly to the dealer or salesman to resolve the matter. You can also file a formal complaint with the Department of Consumer Affairs at dca@co.la.ca.us
Sincerely,

John R. Stephens, D.A.'s Field Deputy/Webmaster
Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office
http://www.lacountyda.orgwebmail@lacountyda.org

Obviously the dealer has not cooperated maybe you would want to contact Consumer Affairs in addition to what you already are doing. And for those posters who say that what 3BE is doing is a waste of time certainly has little or no PRINCIPLES in life.

Maybe the local 6speed members and other Porsche BMW Audi, etc Clubs should parade our cars around this dealership and and express our disgust. That should draw some attention.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Gcalo
And thanks to his advising us of his situation many of us will evade Rusnak like the plague.

Owing to the fact that Rusnak has been non-responsive to him and to what has been stated here and that others on other sites have complained of similar treatment from Rusnak, there is NO other side!

Res Ipsa Loquitur- The thing speaks for itself. A legal term which helps establish the burden of proof.

I think we can all safely say we know what is transpiring here.

And yes the best medicine is to stay away from Rusnak. Most unfortunately not enough will get this message until it's too late for them.

So for you to attempt to demean and undervalue what this person has attempted to do is fully without merit.

I can tell you that if I were practicing now I'd take these cases pro bono just to make the odds even!
There's always another side to be presented.

Some on Rennlist have found Rusnack to have treated them quite well in sales and service others have not and I hear the same about almost every dealership I've come across, some say they're great and others say they are terrible. Many people sware they'll never buy another Porsche again because Porsche treated them poorly and a few years later they are driving another Porsche.

Don't demean and undervalue what I have to say just because your opinion is different than mine.

From what we know, and again it's one sided, this guy stands just as much chance to lose as he does to win in court, especially since the dealer has offered to split the difference.

I hope he wins but I wouldn't waste my time going to small claims court over $500 (for principle or not) as my time and having less potential aggravation is worth a hell of a lot more than that, especially when there's just as good a chance to win as lose, and you or anyone else on this forum can not assure him otherwise.

Lets just agree to disagree on this...

Last edited by 500; 02-02-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:19 PM
you completely missed the point of my post...and your second paragraph reflects that even more. You're absolutely right, a dealership who damages your car and refuses to pay for it is only liable for half the damage, after all, they are offering an olive branch.

there have been enough negative posts about this dealership where I don't think the posters credibility can be questioned...It's not about the $500, it's about not letting a ******* dealership run over you and steal your money.
You've missed one of my points...it's not just the meager amount of $500 but spending even more and more of his time over this just to possibly prove a point. I've been down this road with car dealers before, sometimes you prevail and others you'd don't and now that I'm a bit older I choose my battles carefully as sometimes the additional aggravation is just not worth it. He's already had enough wasted time and headaches with the service rep, then the service mgr, then the GM, then Porsche USA and finally the Regional Rep, who have all said the same thing an offered him what they felt was fair under the circumstances (and I never said it was!) So now he has the BBB invloved and also he going to file in small claims court for a 50/50 chance he might win. He has also notified many here to be wary of this dealeship which should give him plenty of satisfaction as this will do more to the dealer than anything that might occur in small claims court. I don't like getting taken advantage of any more than him/you but at my stage of the game the additional time, energy and aggravation have to be equally weighed.

As I said to the other poster, lets just agree to disagree on this one...

Last edited by 500; 02-02-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:04 AM
A430v is infamous around these parts
There's always two sides to the story...as witnessed here, a discussion between 3BE and Evosport. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1&postcount=39

To balance out some of the negativity, I have had nothing but positive experiences with Rusnak Pasadena. Combined, the family has purchased over 10+ vehicles with Rusnak, not including referrals. In fact, my sister is having a problem with her A4 and Rusnak is trying to lemon the car for us, backing us up 100%.

I have talked to Porsche management @ Rusnak about your issue 3BE and referred them to this thread. I did not have time that day to get the "full story" and hope to get more information next week when I go down to BS with the guys. I know some of the people in upper management...if you wish 3BE, PM me your information and I can contact the individuals about your situation and see whether they would be willing to talk to you directly. Bad publicity is never good for a company and sometimes things are filtered "out" so the top doesn't know about it. Let me know.

Regardless, I wish you luck in this matter. Just keep in mind that if you take Rusnak to court, they will not go down WITHOUT a fight, that is the vibe I got. It's the matter of principle, I totally understand, but like 500 stated, maybe it's sometimes better to cut your losses, file your complaint with the BBB and move on. Going to court is exhausting and expensive, whether you win or lose.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by 500
You've missed one of my points...it's not the $500 but spending even more and more of his time and energy over this just to prove a point. I've been down this road with car dealers before, sometimes you prevail and others you'd don't; now that I'm a bit older I choose my battles carefully as sometimes the additional aggravation is just not worth it. He's already had enough wasted time and headaches with the service rep, then the service mgr, then the GM, then Porsche USA and finally the Regional Rep, who have all said the same thing an offered him what they felt was fair under the circumstances (and I'm not saying it is!) So now he has the BBB invloved and also he going to file in small claims court for a 50/50 chance he might win. I don't like getting taken advantage of any more than him/you but at my stage of the game the additional time and aggravation has to be equally weighed. It's his choice and as I've stated all along I wish him the best and hope he prevails with this further aggravating endeavor.

As I said to the other poster, lets just agree to disagree on this one...
Agreed...good luck to 3BE...

Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 AM
3BE
3BE is infamous around these parts
The first thing I tried doing was talking this out with them. I’ve never been to court in my life, and I never wanted to have to step foot into one, but theirs so much a person can take when someone tries to screw them over. I don’t care if people feel that there is another side to this story, but let me reassure you I gave it to you 100% the way it went down. I have a wife and two kids, and a new business that I just opened that needs lots of my attention and I wouldn’t be giving this issue as much attention as I have unless I felt it was very important to me, and I felt like I was mistreated.

I already talked to a few lawyers, and they all told me the same thing "If they didn't inspect the car before taking it from you, marked where the car was damaged and had you initial the document” just like the dealer does with every single other car that I own “then its their responsibility”. Keep in mind that Rusnak waited two whole days until I had to call them to see why my car wasn’t done yet, to hear that my car was hit? And it wasn’t until then that they decided to do a walk around and fill out the damage report. Come on!!! I’m not stupid to see what happened, and I hope many of you here aren’t either. If some of you think that I might be lying, making this up, or not giving you some other side of the story that doesn’t exist, then that’s fine go ahead and deal with Rusnak when making your next purchase or taking your car to service but don’t make it seem like I’m holding something back because I’m not. All I know is that my next Porsche purchase will not be from Rusnak.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Problem with Rusnak Porsche