997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

To Clearbra or Not to Clearbra?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:15 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Hah, I must say I like that

Bottom line is, the way I see it. What would you rather have, rock chips and debris damage all over, which will result in repainting and spending money/loss of resale value anyway, or clear bra and not worrying? That was my point!
Who in the hell would question your opinion? Can't they see you have over 14k posts? Who could argue with that logic?

Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Sammy wrapped my entire car. My .02c's is to have the company you chose wrap what you can $.

GL

Old 01-26-2008, 10:23 AM
aparker56 is infamous around these parts
I personally could care less about a few rock chips on my 997. If it ever got bad enough that would give me a great excuse to install a GT3 front bumper.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:48 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
just dropped off mine to have a full frontal wrap and you can't even tell it's on there. they wrap the film into the bends and it's totally hidden. no line. no fuss. nothing. Just piece of mind

Old 01-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Banned
kuch997 is infamous around these parts
Thanks all for your replies! I decided to go ahead and get the full hood, fenders, bumper, and front spoiler. I'm going with Ventureshield as everyone I've spoken with says it's pretty much the best stuff out there right now....All the above-mentioned work for about $1400...pretty good right??? Stay-tuned for pics of the baby that just got delivered today!!!!

Old 01-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
Every piece of film installed on your car helps the economy, the material is made in the US and its applied in the US. We got to work against ressesion.
Do it, do it, just do it

For those that dont like the line, I always say that it is not a must to have the film installed on your hood and fenders, and if willing to spend few more bucks we can cover them completly, if still dont like the way the film looks, then simply dont have it installed on the hood the fenders.
Every custom installer can give you different options on what areas are protected.
I often end up installing the film on the front bumper, behind the front and rear wheels, headlights and foglights. Once done You will have to stear at the area at 6" distance to notice there is anything on it. It is very important how the film is installed and NOT to use pre-cut kits.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:13 AM
bchow83 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdrums
What is the average price for 3m film installed? I want to do the whole front bumper, 1/4 of the hood, and re-do the part in front of the rear tires. I was quoted $950
i had mine done for $650 for the aerokit including the bottom lip (no rear fenders re-done). i would recommend getting clearbra as I already had minor chips before the clear bra.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
Here is an example of a Kit installation I had to pull off the car and do over fully custom wrapped.

Attached Images     

Last edited by PRFCNST; 01-31-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PRFCNST
Here is an example of a Kit installation I had to pull off the car and do over fully custom wrapped.
I hope I'm not offending anyone but these pictures look absolutely horrible. This kind of clearbra is likely the reason why so many are fearful of seeing lines, etc. on a car with a proper clear bra.

PRFCNST - do you have any "after" pictures that show how the car looked after you completed the custom wrap? That would make for an interesting compare/contrast.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor
We are still working on the car, should be tomorrow or Saturday when it will be all done and I will post some after shots right away.

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
I hope I'm not offending anyone but these pictures look absolutely horrible. This kind of clearbra is likely the reason why so many are fearful of seeing lines, etc. on a car with a proper clear bra.

PRFCNST - do you have any "after" pictures that show how the car looked after you completed the custom wrap? That would make for an interesting compare/contrast.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:51 PM
mixedmac is infamous around these parts
i had my full front covered, it was a custom wrap by premier in fremont. They do awesome work, you can't see the seams at all, highly recommend getting the clear bra. Porsches are so low profile that anything and everything can hit the front end of the car. My clear bra has already saved my headlight once and my bumper once. SO GET IT!!!

Old 02-01-2008, 01:22 PM
mhh
mhh is infamous around these partsmhh is infamous around these parts
Yep, I had my full bra fitted as as soon as I got the car. It is only visible to those who know it is there and it gives big piece of mind every time I hit the highway. I love the "protected" feeling it gives.

Sure you can go bra-less and paint the front when you need to, but if you have the means to own a 911, your time is worth too much to be messing around with re-painting. Therefore it is plain economics to do it.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PRFCNST
We are still working on the car, should be tomorrow or Saturday when it will be all done and I will post some after shots right away.
Excellent. Whoever did that original film job should be taken outside and beaten with a wet noodle.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor
....after install of a custom full wrap paint protection film.

Attached Images      
Old 02-02-2008, 01:17 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
respray and doing it

bought an 05 997 this week with 16K miles, spoiler had some chips etc... had the porsche dealer respray the spoiler (350) and add the clear 3m for 795, this price I get coverage on spoiler, fenders, hood (not entire hood) mirrors, gas cap..... I have it on other cars and highly recomend it.

Originally Posted by kuch997
That is the question!!! I guess if it's only about $1000, what are people's reasons for not doing it assuming you have a good installer? Why not protect your 100k investment from the harsh elements?? And no these jerkoffs still haven't fully activated my account so I'll answer any questions with a new thread!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To Clearbra or Not to Clearbra?