997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

To Clearbra or Not to Clearbra?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:33 PM
geeman14 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ELMEL
I'm surprised more people aren't responding here. Many many people on this forum have used Sammy Yu at Premier Protective Films in Fremont. Sammy's work is top notch. He's done three cars for me so far and all have been flawless. I challenge you to find lines on a custom wrap. Sure, you can find lines if you opt for the cheaper template jobs, but if Sammy takes a full sheet of film and custom cuts it onto your car, you won't see any lines. As others have said, the film sheets are now long enough to cover your full hood.

I was recently driving to work when I spotted a flying piece of rubber. I couldn't avoid it. It hit my front bumper and rolled up my hood and windshield. The film was visibly damaged. I thought, better the film than the paint. That's what I bought it for. I brought the car back to Premier and they repaired the damage to the hood with some TLC and a heat gun. The front bumper didn't get as lucky, but my insurance covered the damage, so I'm going back to Sammy for a rewrap.

I agree. Sam and team worked magic on one of my Lambos. 0 lines, and most people have no idea that the car is wrapped. I would call them if you are in CA. They came down to SOCAL to do mine.

G

Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 AM
mhemperly is infamous around these parts
To clearbra!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
The first question people ask is HOW MUCH, but then they forget to ask WHAT DO I GET for that price. If someone does installation on the front bumper, partial hood, and fenders for lets say $750 in the North East Region and they do not flip the film over the edges or remove the lights to hide it behind them, and if they even use a pre-cut kit. Then IMO they charged too much. We are considered by many people to be an "expensive" shop. How many may say they did not get work done that is worth the price.
When I install paint Protection Film on the front of a 997 or 996 covering the entire bumper making sure every possible edge is covered and film is flawless, then wrapping the front and side edges of the partial hood, wrapping the edges of the fenders where the headlights are, all together about 8 hours job for around $810 including the price of the material.
Then someone goes and says that it is over 1,000 dollars job. NO it is NOT. over 1,000 dollars is the price when we start wrapping full hoods, full fenders, entire rocker panels going all the way up to the upper area of the rear fenders, talking about 16-18 hours worth of labor plus the price of the material.
So I suggest, to always ask the second question: WHAT DO I GET FOR THAT PRICE?

Eddie

Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PRFCNST
The first question people ask is HOW MUCH, but then they forget to ask WHAT DO I GET for that price. If someone does installation on the front bumper, partial hood, and fenders for lets say $750 in the North East Region and they do not flip the film over the edges or remove the lights to hide it behind them, and if they even use a pre-cut kit. Then IMO they charged too much. We are considered by many people to be an "expensive" shop. How many may say they did not get work done that is worth the price.
When I install paint Protection Film on the front of a 997 or 996 covering the entire bumper making sure every possible edge is covered and film is flawless, then wrapping the front and side edges of the partial hood, wrapping the edges of the fenders where the headlights are, all together about 8 hours job for around $810 including the price of the material.
Then someone goes and says that it is over 1,000 dollars job. NO it is NOT. over 1,000 dollars is the price when we start wrapping full hoods, full fenders, entire rocker panels going all the way up to the upper area of the rear fenders, talking about 16-18 hours worth of labor plus the price of the material.
So I suggest, to always ask the second question: WHAT DO I GET FOR THAT PRICE?

Eddie
Well said...quality is never cheap and should never be compromised.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
"Documentation beats conversation"! Here are some pics of cars that had the 3M film on them. The first is a BMW that was tagged by another car in a parking lot; the second one is a Mercedes that backed up into a building while the owner was on the cell phone. This is 3M's thicker (14 mil.) film that was installed for this particular reason.

Matt

Attached Images