997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

coming from a e39 m5...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:42 PM
danster is infamous around these parts
trevor,
did you get my reply? not sure if it worked.

-dan

Old 02-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by danster
trevor,
did you get my reply? not sure if it worked.

-dan
Nothing yet, try again.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 PM
ModHog is infamous around these parts
I have a C2S and my baby boy is 7 months now. I use the car as the DD and although we also have a sedan we usually jump in the Porsche together anyways. He's been riding in the P-Car since the beginning with me and the wife (my wife is 5'3 110lbs though). I use a rear facing Maxi-Cosi infant seat in the back seat with a Quinny/ Zapp stroller that fits perfectly in the trunk (not sure about the C4S).

We were a bit skeptical in the begining but its worked out fine. My boy actually prefers the sound and bumps as it puts him to sleep. There is no doubt that the M5 would give you much more room but like you I too got the bug on a test drive. I enjoy my P-car everyday and have never looked back.

GL. Definitely a tough choice as you already have a fun car.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ModHog
I have a C2S and my baby boy is 7 months now. I use the car as the DD and although we also have a sedan we usually jump in the Porsche together anyways. He's been riding in the P-Car since the beginning with me and the wife (my wife is 5'3 110lbs though). I use a rear facing Maxi-Cosi infant seat in the back seat with a Quinny/ Zapp stroller that fits perfectly in the trunk (not sure about the C4S).

We were a bit skeptical in the begining but its worked out fine. My boy actually prefers the sound and bumps as it puts him to sleep. There is no doubt that the M5 would give you much more room but like you I too got the bug on a test drive. I enjoy my P-car everyday and have never looked back.

GL. Definitely a tough choice as you already have a fun car.
OT: Your 997 sounds like sharp...Any pictures?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:10 PM
I need to get some proper pics, but here you go.

Originally Posted by Trevor Ely
OT: Your 997 sounds like sharp...Any pictures?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:22 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Nice car Modhog! Lapis Blue is my favorite Porsche color. I had it on my old Boxster, and after a good detail, the car looked gorgeous in the day, and even hotter at night. I remember getting so many compliments on the paint!

Be sure to drive around Old Town pasadena! I'll be down there this weekend. If I see you, I'll post it on the spotters thread!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:31 PM
wow. she looks awesome, modhog.
thanks for your input. sounds like a perfect match...your boy in in daddy's car.

that is my favorite color as well...my m5 is le mans blue and i always loved the blue hue...as you can see my baby when she was new.

trevor, i can't PM yet....admin hasn't allowed me to....but i saw your pm...thanks a lot. will consider it, but i am really leaning towards the 997s more and more...

keep the advice coming! you guys are great.

ps> modhog...congrats on the son! our boy is 6mo old now...what an awesome gift they are!

-dan

Attached Images  

Last edited by danster; 02-14-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Charles,

Thanks. Right back at you! You've done an amazing job on your P-car. Enjoy your trip!

Originally Posted by spyder997s
Nice car Modhog! Lapis Blue is my favorite Porsche color. I had it on my old Boxster, and after a good detail, the car looked gorgeous in the day, and even hotter at night. I remember getting so many compliments on the paint!

Be sure to drive around Old Town pasadena! I'll be down there this weekend. If I see you, I'll post it on the spotters thread!

Old 02-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Dan,

Thanks. Congrats to you too. Yes, they are an amazing gift! GL on the P-car.

Originally Posted by danster
wow. she looks awesome, modhog.
thanks for your input. sounds like a perfect match...your boy in in daddy's car.

that is my favorite color as well...my m5 is le mans blue and i always loved the blue hue...as you can see my baby when she was new.

trevor, i can't PM yet....admin hasn't allowed me to....but i saw your pm...thanks a lot. will consider it, but i am really leaning towards the 997s more and more...

keep the advice coming! you guys are great.

ps> modhog...congrats on the son! our boy is 6mo old now...what an awesome gift they are!

-dan

Old 02-15-2008, 02:55 AM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
I drove many BMW M3, M5, there is no way the M5 can match 997 C2S. If you want a car for your family M5 or even Mercedes E55 is the way to go. But if you want to have fun on the track or even a weekend drive,
P O R S C H E is the way to go...

Old 02-16-2008, 08:43 AM
yes...the e55 was on the list as well, but it just felt unconnected to the road. BRUTE torque and power, but it just didn't seem so much a driver's car to me. i also love having a 6speed.

ty328, i don't plan on tracking the car....yet..but i would love to one day. i've seen a few 996tt, they were clean and had loads of power. but i like the interior/ride/refinement of the 997s. on the track, would the 996t easily take the 997s?

hey modhog, i hope to see your car someday at old town pasadena!

-dan